What's new

Video/Tutorial - Kung Jin Bojutsu max combo guide!

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Hello everyone,today I am going to show you a mini video tutorial about kung jin and the bojutsu variant combo system.

We ll see the maximum damage he can get after his normals,his strings and anti-air attacks.So in case he is your main maybe you ll discover something new,and if you want to pick him now,this is definitely the guide to see all his combos!

I hope you enjoy!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Came in with low expectations but these are actually good bnbs from pretty much every conversion and some swag at the end. Nice job!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
Hello everyone,today I am going to show you a mini video tutorial about kung jin and the bojutsu variant combo system.

We ll see the maximum damage he can get after his normals,his strings and anti-air attacks.So in case he is your main maybe you ll discover something new,and if you want to pick him now,this is definitely the guide to see all his combos!

I hope you enjoy!

This video is really well fleshed out, but honestly - if you need help finding combos with Kung Jin, you might as well not even pick the game up.

Cosmos

Noob
Not to be a debbie downer but i'm pretty sure these aren't max damage combos aha

Midscreen you can do stuff like starterxxbf4 rc 3xxbf4 ji3xxd4 rc 3(4)xxdb3. I can't remember if you can get the 4 aswell.
In the Corner it's starterxxbf4 4xxbf4 34 ji3xxd4 3xxdb3.
Those are the combo's that the people in my group told me normally do at the least :)

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
This video is really well fleshed out, but honestly - if you need help finding combos with Kung Jin, you might as well not even pick the game up.
Bojutsu may be easy, but Ancestral? Fuck no. Either way, there's no shame in playing Kung Jin, if that's what you're insinuating.

stamatis

Not to be a debbie downer but i'm pretty sure these aren't max damage combos aha

Midscreen you can do stuff like starterxxbf4 rc 3xxbf4 ji3xxd4 rc 3(4)xxdb3. I can't remember if you can get the 4 aswell.
In the Corner it's starterxxbf4 4xxbf4 34 ji3xxd4 3xxdb3.
Those are the combo's that the people in my group told me normally do at the least :)
ok,listen the mid screen combo you are saying is 34%,and mine in the video is 35%.
the corner combo you wrote is 35% and very hard to do it,and its the same damage i have in video!
in the corner i get 37% meterless but it's not viable!
Anyway the combos you mentioned may come from a pre patch version!

stamatis

That he's an easy character to play, which he is, but this would be really useful for someone relatively new looking to level up.
ok then,i guess some people including me,have to sell our copy of the game!anyone interested?

Cosmos

Noob
ok,listen the mid screen combo you are saying is 34%,and mine in the video is 35%.
the corner combo you wrote is 35% and very hard to do it,and its the same damage i have in video!
in the corner i get 37% meterless but it's not viable!
Anyway the combos you mentioned may come from a pre patch version!
Yeah I wasn't 100% sure, they were probably pre-patch like you said to be fair, I just remember doing the same bnbs you had until someone showed me the double bow swat combo's that did a lot more :3

ImAura

Ironic Irony
I feel better, but there are a few optimal game winning combos in the corner. Like his two bar 46% if you know it.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Good stuff.

Unfortunately nowadays when I see a thread with "max damage" or "big damage" in the title I immediately imagine starting with jump ins and using unpractical damage buffs/situations.

Was happy to see the video being about combos with real starters and practical situations.

stamatis

I feel better, but there are a few optimal game winning combos in the corner. Like his two bar 46% if you know it.
the 2 bars 48% i perform at 2:37 is not that hard in my opinion!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Good stuff.

Unfortunately nowadays when I see a thread with "max damage" or "big damage" in the title I immediately imagine starting with jump ins and using unpractical damage buffs/situations.

Was happy to see the video being about combos with real starters and practical situations.
@stamatis That's what I was trying to say. Kung Jin is an easy character to play but this video is actually very well made.

stamatis

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure, they were probably pre-patch like you said to be fair, I just remember doing the same bnbs you had until someone showed me the double bow swat combo's that did a lot more :3
Since day one the double bow swat did less damage at the end!I am sure of it!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
In the corner the normal bnb after 111 does 1% more (111 xx mop -> 4 xx mop -> j4 xx divekick -> 4 xx swing). After the njp it does more damage if you add u1 in between the njp and the 34 (njp -> u1 -> 34 -> divekick -> 4 xx swing)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Excellent video. Extremely practical and something for every situation - optimized damage, practical application and a little swaggy 'cause we can' at the end.,

I like how straight forward it is, no idiotic techno or death-metal screaming, no silly-long intros. Good shit man, very good shit. Do one of these for Lao next, =]

If I could make ONE suggestion, it would be to include input notation somewhere, if not in the video, perhaps the YouTube description. A video like this is aimed more towards either new players, or new player to KJ and notations would help a new player quite a bit. Thats not to take anything away from this video though, in my opinion this is exactly what a combo video should be, but thats the only thing that I thought could be 'improved' on.