What's new

Blocking overheads

zYn

Noob
If someone could explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Why is it, that sometimes people are able to crouch block overheads? For example, I use Sub Zero's 222 combo, and sometimes they don't get knocked down when they are in crouch block.

Can anyone shed some light on this? My first thought was that it had something to do with spacing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks

zYn

Noob
This game just wont show the animation. They blocked low twice, then the 3rd hit they stood. The game just doesn't show it.
Hmm...I'm not sure I understand. You're saying that he actually stood up for the 3rd hit, but it doesn't show that he stood? Why would that be? Does the same work in reverse for blocking low on sweeps? Because sometimes I've blocked a low hit but it looks like I'm still standing.

It seems awfully weird that a competitive game would allow for such animation. I'm utterly confused.

Noob
In this game it's called fuzzy blocking, in other games, it's called blue blocking. Basically, what you are seeing is the move being blocked on the last possible frame you can block it. The game registers your character's hitbox in the proper area to block, but the animation has to catch up to it... usually it's only 1 frame.

Yeah... When your in the middle of a string and you change from low to high, or vice versa, the game doesn't show it. Weird I know.

zYn

Noob
In this game it's called fuzzy blocking, in other games, it's called blue blocking. Basically, what you are seeing is the move being blocked on the last possible frame you can block it. The game registers your character's hitbox in the proper area to block, but the animation has to catch up to it... usually it's only 1 frame.
EPIC win. Thank you for those details, that's exactly what I was looking for. I had heard the term used before and had no idea what it meant.

Much appreciated.

IIAvirus

Banned
Honestly what ive seen is that in mid combo the opponent stops blocking but you just cant see it as your doing your last hit from my exp.
(YOU ONLY GET SMARTER BY PLAYING A SMARTER OPPONENT)