What's new

Tech - Kano Blocked up ball AND EX up ball corner bug

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
For whatever reason, the second hit of EX up ball in the corner doesn't connect when it's done naked. It's just as unsafe as regular up ball. However, if you cancel it after a string like B13 then only sometimes will it connect.
@colt

EDIT: This issue has been fixed.

Last edited:

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Doesn't seem like stance (towards/away from camera) has anything to do with it?... seems really random. My guess is that it's a really weird hitbox interacting having to do with the exact position SubZero is in from his neutral animation when he starts blocking it? Just throwing shit out there... no idea why its so random but thats my first though. Something kinda similar happens with certain projectiles where they hit a character in neutral duck depending on exactly where they are in their animation due to them "bobbing" up and down oh so slightly.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
lol Kano mAins.. You guys are going to feel the pain for saying he is "fine" after the ridiculous buffs everyone has received you guys are in for a world of hurt. On the upside, commando is pretty decent now

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It appears that even regular up ball suffers from this as well. It's actually not even -27, it's more like -a whole damn second lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
lol Kano mAins.. You guys are going to feel the pain for saying he is "fine" after the ridiculous buffs everyone has received you guys are in for a world of hurt. On the upside, commando is pretty decent now
90% of all Kano players never claimed he was "fine". The other 10% are either scrubs or players of other characters who have an agenda.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Ahh, I see. I thought you were just being sarcastic about Kano in general... Well, that aside, after seeing the damage he can do off that ex buff, I'm kinda thinking cutthroat is pretty good.
Don't come in here with that bs with that "Jax Wrestler" tag. You want to know a character that's "fine" or "pretty good"? Jax. You wanna know a vastly overrated by people who don't use him which is almost everyone since damn near all players dropped this close to bottom 5 character? Kano.

This happens outside the corner as well. Also if the opponent duck blocks it is more likely to happen. This also happens when used as a reversal

When it only hits once - it is super unsafe.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Don't come in here with that bs with that "Jax Wrestler" tag. You want to know a character that's "fine" or "pretty good"? Jax. You wanna know a vastly overrated by people who don't use him which is almost everyone since damn near all players dropped this close to bottom 5 character? Kano.
I never said Jax wasn't good. All I said was Cutthroat is looking kinda good based off that ex buff tech. I'll admit I don't know anything about his MU numbers.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I never said Jax wasn't good. All I said was Cutthroat is looking kinda good based off that ex buff tech. I'll admit I don't know anything about his MU numbers.
Yea Jax is good. If everyone was balanced out like Jax with different emphasis on playstyles per character, the game would probably be perfect.

Not a shot at you, but almost everyone says "I never said my Character X wasn't good" followed by "Kano seems to have potential in Variation X" when discussing him. Reason being is that from the outside he always seems "almost as good as my character" to others, but if he's not as good as almost everyone's character doesn't that make him, dare I say, bad?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yea Jax is good. If everyone was balanced out like Jax with different emphasis on playstyles per character, the game would probably be perfect.

Not a shot at you, but almost everyone says "I never said my Character X wasn't good" followed by "Kano seems to have potential in Variation X" when discussing him. Reason being is that from the outside he always seems "almost as good as my character" to others, but if he's not as good as almost everyone's character doesn't that make him, dare I say, bad?
I'll have to take your word for it because it does seem like he has potential, but I also understand that potential does not actually translate into a good character. There's too many nuances in fighting games to think like that.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
Wow! I was ready to follow up with ex knives after this "-5 Wake up" to chip out a raiden to death who smothered me in the corner. Turns out Kano rolled upwards onto him as if he was ramp and just... never came down. Kano players need to spread the word, we need fixes.

ando1184

Noob
Wow! I was ready to follow up with ex knives after this "-5 Wake up" to chip out a raiden to death who smothered me in the corner. Turns out Kano rolled upwards onto him as if he was ramp and just... never came down. Kano players need to spread the word, we need fixes.
Ive also experienced this, and vs sonya I did MB upball and she blocked "Both" hits and "Didn't" do the blockstun animation to make it -5 and I got full combo punished