What's new

Match-up Discussion Black Adam Matchup Discussion

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
First thing air turbine is incredibly annoying and makes it difficult to zone with lightning or aa with black magic. Other than that no one plays GL much online so I can comment without being a theory fighter. I think GL is a very solid character so he should not have any particular problems but BA is BA so 6-4.
you on xbox or psn?
and you think gl beats adam?

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
you on xbox or psn?
and you think gl beats adam?
Wiiu lol. I think BA has no bad match ups but I would gladly like to be proven wrong but I can't play with anyone. Oh we'll you could ask the other BA mains to play you

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Wiiu lol. I think BA has no bad match ups but I would gladly like to be proven wrong but I can't play with anyone. Oh we'll you could ask the other BA mains to play you
I also feel like BA has no bad matchups too. and that gl vs ba is 5-5 minimum but I can definitely see it being ba favor.
I've always felt that superman beat him imo.
Just an opinion tho Idk what this patch will do.
Ba will 100% be number 1 if supes gets some type of huge nerf and ba goes untouched.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

BA - GL = 5-5

BA - WW = 4 6

and wonderwoman does not lose to anyone.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
and a tip

FYI, I noticed this before but did not lab it till yesterday. If BA has his trait up it will not allow you to charge MB him. Also I think the lightning even absorbs the first hit at times not causing chip or hit. Strange and annoying. Don't know if this has been covered yet.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I also feel like BA has no bad matchups too. and that gl vs ba is 5-5 minimum but I can definitely see it being ba favor.
I've always felt that superman beat him imo.
Just an opinion tho Idk what this patch will do.
Ba will 100% be number 1 if supes gets some type of huge nerf and ba goes untouched.
its even.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Ok, I have a small problem, and im not saying its a bad mu by ANY means,I just have no idea how to play it, PLEASE explain this damn green lantern mu. Ive been eliminated in the past 2 majors by GL and still cant figure it out at a high level

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Ok, I have a small problem, and im not saying its a bad mu by ANY means,I just have no idea how to play it, PLEASE explain this damn green lantern mu. Ive been eliminated in the past 2 majors by GL and still cant figure it out at a high level
Any footage available or if not, specifics? Otherwise you'll get basic theory fight tips lol. I struggle in this MU against people who know me well.

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
I have a match in the archives on kombat network from summer jam stream, but idk how to cut it from the big video

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Going to try to get some discussion about the Post patch MUs. I wanna discuss MUs i think are "Bad" now. Feel free to disagree, discuss, blow me up, IDGAF.

Raven 4-6
I think she outzones him, builds more meter, equals him in damage, and now after sould crush you cant just check her with lightning without the possibility of getting punished by her jumping it and soul scrushing on land. You basically have to rush her down and use Adam's offense with limited ability to open her up only using trait throws etc. Blind_Man what do you think?

Aquaman 5-5 (could be 4-6)
Similar to raven the long range game is now actually more even cause he can jump reversal lightning. His footsie tools and easy ability to deal with offense mostly because of trait is troubling. I need to play it more but I think the number may have flopped or be even now.

Zod 4-6
Rules the screen vs Adam with jump backs and Zod balls. Trait goes toe to toe with Adam's and gives him interactible advantage as well. Ive played Pig enough to know the feel but still need to play it more after the patch.

Batman, Sinestro, Lantern, and MMH i also wanna discuss and see what other people think.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Going to try to get some discussion about the Post patch MUs. I wanna discuss MUs i think are "Bad" now. Feel free to disagree, discuss, blow me up, IDGAF.

Raven 4-6
I think she outzones him, builds more meter, equals him in damage, and now after sould crush you cant just check her with lightning without the possibility of getting punished by her jumping it and soul scrushing on land. You basically have to rush her down and use Adam's offense with limited ability to open her up only using trait throws etc. Blind_Man what do you think?

Aquaman 5-5 (could be 4-6)
Similar to raven the long range game is now actually more even cause he can jump reversal lightning. His footsie tools and easy ability to deal with offense mostly because of trait is troubling. I need to play it more but I think the number may have flopped or be even now.

Zod 4-6
Rules the screen vs Adam with jump backs and Zod balls. Trait goes toe to toe with Adam's and gives him interactible advantage as well. Ive played Pig enough to know the feel but still need to play it more after the patch.

Batman, Sinestro, Lantern, and MMH i also wanna discuss and see what other people think.

I'm really leaning towards 5-5 but that's only based on stuff in my head. I really have no idea about who wins or loses the mu right now. I've had no experience against a top black Adam post patch.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I'm really leaning towards 5-5 but that's only based on stuff in my head. I really have no idea about who wins or loses the mu right now. I've had no experience against a top black Adam post patch.
Alright ill probly play it more with Glass Sword soon and see if i can figure it out more. I think i hate playing her more than any other character right now. Its probly me not understanding her and how Adam should play her especially when shes in trait since he can no longer dash and beat crush after pillars. If were both at NEC i wanna play it as well and we can maybe come to an agreement.

Blind_Ducky

Alright ill probly play it more with Glass Sword soon and see if i can figure it out more. I think i hate playing her more than any other character right now. Its probly me not understanding her and how Adam should play her especially when shes in trait since he can no longer dash and beat crush after pillars. If were both at NEC i wanna play it as well and we can maybe come to an agreement.
Yeah at NEC we can play a long set and discuss it. He can jump to avoid soul crush after pillars but if she pillars you're screwed. You can also back dash a pillar or soul crush then dash in on recovery but pillar recovery isn't to much, soul crush is 44 frames of recovery and If I pull you're screwed. Divekick also gets AA'd hard by pillars.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yeah at NEC we can play a long set and discuss it. He can jump to avoid soul crush after pillars but if she pillars you're screwed. You can also back dash a pillar or soul crush then dash in on recovery but pillar recovery isn't to much, soul crush is 44 frames of recovery and If I pull you're screwed. Divekick also gets AA'd hard by pillars.
Yea in demon mode this is no doubt in her favor and shes almost always in it. He can at least attempt to punish her for activating but if she does it in the air its partially a mind game on teleport or landing. Ill work on it more.

Blind_Ducky

Yea in demon mode this is no doubt in her favor and shes almost always in it. He can at least attempt to punish her for activating but if she does it in the air its partially a mind game on teleport or landing. Ill work on it more.
If she teleports she's stuck in the air for 40 frames before she can do anything. I don't think it's that much of a mind game except in some situations like after a clash or depending on how close you are to interactables.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
If she teleports she's stuck in the air for 40 frames before she can do anything. I don't think it's that much of a mind game except in some situations like after a clash or depending on how close you are to interactables.
Well if i try to punish air activation with Black Magic and you tele its a full combo cause it has like 96 Frames of recovery. Thats more what i was getting at.

Blind_Ducky

Well if i try to punish air activation with Black Magic and you tele its a full combo cause it has like 96 Frames of recovery. Thats more what i was getting at.
Ohhhh ok that makes sense. What u think you should do is just crouch and see what I do. If I start falling then maybe throw low lightning to atleast get some chip or something and you could mb it to take up some trait time.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
raven is even

in demon stance you need to respect her

our dash is excelent, our meaty b23 is godlike vs her since she has no wakeups outside of demon stance

we do a bit more damage, have good setups and our trait is still a free 14% per teched throw

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
After a B23 U13 ender vs Batgirl, doing a B1 right after will stuff her cartwheel for full combo. Was checking it out after some talk with Rico.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Has anyone fought a solid Lex? Once momentum is going it's not that bad - but when he has his trait up at footsies range how are you guys dealing with it?

Also wanted opinions on NW. There are only a couple good ones but he can be tough. I avoid d1 range, forward dash wingdings, and basic stuff, but I can't find reliable opportunities to keep pressure on.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Hello new to game. Primarily play Shazam but learning Black Adam to have a nice Marvel Family going. So this is just my opinion but doesn't NW have major issues? I just hear hints to it so eh. But which stance do you have trouble with? If it's escrima backdash Flipkick wake up punish? If it's Staff bait out wakeups outside of electric ground pound. Flying grayson could be ducked under and hit with d2 right? Staff spin can be baited and hit with lightning or punished regularly. Ground pound... jump up dive kick? Again new to the world of Teth Adam so this is just guessing.

Sidenote: What is footsies ranges? Does Lex trait charge eat up Black Magic's multi hits? Meter burn Lightning hands to create breathing room?