What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Yeah b3 follow-up is the way to go.
j2, 2, 2, orbs, 2, 2 xx EX Lighting Cage, b3, j2, b2, 3, u.1+3 does 54%. Using j3 after the b3 does 55%.

I love this character so far, there are so many fucks not given with every move
I'm having trouble landing that b3. The timing is pretty strict.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think I'm going to pick this character up as a third, is there anything I should start off trying to learn before going into more advanced things?

Also this thread blew the fuck up :O

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Good games to Grunty pants who beat me 15-0.

He showed me how to better utilize ex dive kick, he also rarely spends meter in combos which was interesting to see. Saves it for Ex Lighting and Ex dive kicks.

I will incorporate this into my Black Adam game.

Thanks Grunty!

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Wakeup d1~lightening cage seems to be a good way to get them off you if you're down and they are pressuring. Back dash lightening hands seems best vs jumpins while ur down (but not 100 percent).

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Hey has anyone tried ending a combo with 1, 3 lightning bomb to try and set up a lightning trap. I have been wondering how to make lightning bomb useful on knockdowns midscreen. I tried using b1, 2 as well

btw guys I suggest using 1,1 xx trait and then b+2 xx EX cage instead of 2,2 xx trait, 2,2 xx EX cage. It is a lot more simple and more reliable and it's the exact same damage.

Smarrgasm said:
And lastly i wanted to ask why after any black magic F3/B3 becomes obsolete for bounces? It simply splats them to the floor.
I'm assuming they decided to consider black magic a "bounce" move as opposed to a "pop up" move. From a technical standpoint, it makes little sense that a bounce disables this move, especially considering that other characters like Killer Frost are still able to "popup" after a bounce with various strings and moves.

But it was probably a design decision to prevent Black Adam from being a little OP.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
But it was probably a design decision to prevent Black Adam from being a little OP.
Thats what im thinking but i wanna know for sure. I dont see how black magic isnt like any other move that grants wall bounce for other characters. (Lanterns lift, Ravens lift, catwomans dash even lets you for no meter)

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
34% meterless traitless corner bomb setup. 22b1 Nj3 Far boot 22b1 113 Close bomb.

Activate trait if you have it or setup for a crossover and then time whatever overhead you choose.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
34% meterless traitless corner bomb setup. 22b1 Nj3 Far boot 22b1 113 Close bomb.

Activate trait if you have it or setup for a crossover and then time whatever overhead you choose.
how the hell do you ever land 22b1 outside of a punish? most of my time is spent doing b23 whiff punishing and the other half using specials

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Just wanna post this. A guy in Houston just won the Insomnia tournament with black adam. Taking out Cat in the grand finals. Black Adam has officially taken his first tourney just days after release. I wish he had an account on here so i could congratulate him but he doesnt sadly. STB TakeAChance youre lucky it wasnt a major lol. Added note-Cat Showtime and Shanxter were there so it wasnt like just a free tourney anyway.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Just wanna post this. A guy in Houston just won the Insomnia tournament with black adam. Taking out Cat in the grand finals. Black Adam has officially taken his first tourney just days after release. I wish he had an account on here so i could congratulate him but he doesnt sadly. STB TakeAChance youre lucky it wasnt a major lol. Added note-Cat Showtime and Shanxter were there so it wasnt like just a free tourney anyway.
Any vids ot his ?

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
It will be on the archive at twitch.tv/KombatHouston whenever they finish streaming casuals.

His name was Tomorrow's Rage. Seemed to have his stuff down and played very well.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Smarrgasm I still stand by my major claim. :)

Trust me, I have no ill will towards seeing this character succeed. None at all. It was pretty dope playing grunty. We should get some games in sometime too.

Finally got the game(europe release dates, why you so free+amazon delivery time) and I am really happy finally getting back on track with Adam and am very grateful at some changes, besides the notable b3 alteration d2 is much better than it was in the build at RFD and feels like a decent antiair instead of being useless. I think the main difference is the forward hitbox as I would often have people just land in front of me after it whiffed, it seems to be catching them now. I was a little sad after discovering our airgrab is just part of a string :(

Ai had beaten me mercilessly so I was worried about going online, but fortunately the players were quick to reassure I am not that ass in fighters as the AI had beaten into me XD

Les go Adam(Also, wow that Battle ending was Harsh XD It never even showed us her face :3 )