What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
1) It has already been establish that jumping is extremely strong. Some characters have good AA others don't. Adams D2 is not a great AA.

2) I agree he isn't a rushdown character...I think he is a setup/trap style character. We should try to find those setups that give us free pressure into throws and other setups.

3) D1 will hit the jump...
1) strongly agree but everyone can deal with it if they see it coming

2)strongly agree

3)but wont give a combo

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
B23

early jump attacks beat out most anti airs but are extremely whiff punishable

late attacks arent as much (but still easily punishable) but are anti airable. if your opponent does this when you werent expecting a jump then just block it, otherwise worst case scenario is they block b23 which turns their offense starter into a frametrap of your own.

its all about the mad options he has, look at joker and tell me adam suffers lol.
Please list the mad options. I have tried my best to show you that up close he doesn't have many options. I have done my best to tell you that he doesn't have many options against jumpers.

Joker is a damn good character man. He got slept on hard. His setups are nuts.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
let me just take a second and say black adams specials are to be used sparingly when not in a + situation such as a knockdown or frametrap, they really are punishable if you do them at jump distance or something
I know, but it's not like just because lightning is jumpable doesn't mean you shouldn't use it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
1) strongly agree but everyone can deal with it if they see it coming

2)strongly agree

3)but wont give a combo
Some characters will get the combo. Either way, your in a position where you have to squirm to get out, because you have no way to stay in. Then when you get out, you have to try to find a way back in. Repeat. With no mixups, his options when he does get in are limited, and his full screen options get mostly negated by jumping.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I know, but it's not like just because lightning is jumpable doesn't mean you shouldn't use it.

You shouldn't use it from half screen. It's got a slow startup. You shouldn't use it up close either because it's like -17 or something.

Unless you want to do a Muffin Muggers 50/50 with 11~lightning or 112 , but hitting that 1 is a challenge.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Dude im done with this, i know youre meaning well but yeah.. I know jumping is strong but you have so many options. Backdashes are invincible and go SO far. You can just backdash and whiff punish as an anti air if you can hit people down. Try new things dont write him off.

people getting air mobile from your throwing of bolts and stuff is probably counterproductive. You can bait a jump and just EX bolt them on the way down, and get the hits. You can probably catch them in a Black magic>divekick combo too if you time that for them landing.

Also like, getting from in their face to full screen is so easy, you just jump up and far divekick, the recovery is tiny and they will have to chase you down.

Adam should probably be focusing on getting the better screen position all the time in the match as his mobility is awesome. If you can keep them away from you by laying bombs (while they are jumping perhaps?) then you can throw stage interactables at them, do some specials to build meter, space yourself out to catch them jumping? SO many options!

Just to close out, youre saying he has a problem with up close offense, then just prioritise getting out. Backdashes are invincible and adams is really good. Just backdash out and play the lame game, life leads in this game can get silly, especially when you can gain health back when they try to breaker your combos if you are careful with meter.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Please list the mad options. I have tried my best to show you that up close he doesn't have many options. I have done my best to tell you that he doesn't have many options against jumpers.

Joker is a damn good character man. He got slept on hard. His setups are nuts.
he is a good character, dont confuse that with black adams options though, joker doesnt have a good advancing string or can whiff punish jumps or whiff punish in general with anything other than a gunshot for 8%.

up close black adam has a 6f standing 1 and a 10f standing 2 along with orbs that can hit someone for 12% while theyre moving to counter you, get the hell outa here when other chars dont even have 8f normals.

i didnt say that at all
Some characters will get the combo. Either way, your in a position where you have to squirm to get out, because you have no way to stay in. Then when you get out, you have to try to find a way back in. Repeat. With no mixups, his options when he does get in are limited, and his full screen options get mostly negated by jumping.
or you can block the D1...? you dont need to jump, its just that most D1s in this game arent strong.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Dude im done with this, i know youre meaning well but yeah.. I know jumping is strong but you have so many options. Backdashes are invincible and go SO far. You can just backdash and whiff punish as an anti air if you can hit people down. Try new things dont write him off.

people getting air mobile from your throwing of bolts and stuff is probably counterproductive. You can bait a jump and just EX bolt them on the way down, and get the hits. You can probably catch them in a Black magic>divekick combo too if you time that for them landing.

Also like, getting from in their face to full screen is so easy, you just jump up and far divekick, the recovery is tiny and they will have to chase you down.

Adam should probably be focusing on getting the better screen position all the time in the match as his mobility is awesome. If you can keep them away from you by laying bombs (while they are jumping perhaps?) then you can throw stage interactables at them, do some specials to build meter, space yourself out to catch them jumping? SO many options!

Just to close out, youre saying he has a problem with up close offense, then just prioritise getting out. Backdashes are invincible and adams is really good. Just backdash out and play the lame game, life leads in this game can get silly, especially when you can gain health back when they try to breaker your combos if you are careful with meter.
You can't throw a bomb while characters are jump jump jumping from full screen or your going to get hit. Bombs should be mostly used as knockdown setups during the end of the combo I believe personally. Backdashes ARE invincible, but they have a lot of recovery. You wont be backdashing and full combo punishing a jump in. Especially not when they are close.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
bottom line because there has been a SHIT LOAD of theory fighting for the past pages

Adam = spacing and punishing character

Upclose = can hold his own

Pressure = pretty decent, better than what most people have

Defense = good with setups and mobility

Ability to cause mistakes = high

Ability to get out of sticky situations = not that good

Ability to take advantage of 3 adv frames or more = better than almost anyone

Trait = opens up people and creates mixups as well as punishing people for moving when upclose

Setups = plenty

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can't throw a bomb while characters are jump jump jumping from full screen or your going to get hit. Bombs should be mostly used as knockdown setups during the end of the combo I believe personally. Backdashes ARE invincible, but they have a lot of recovery. You wont be backdashing and full combo punishing a jump in. Especially not when they are close.
true but you can on a read

if black adam causes people to be jumpy because he cant do shit about it with his specials then take advantage of it and punish those jumps.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
he is a good character, dont confuse that with black adams options though, joker doesnt have a good advancing string or can whiff punish jumps or whiff punish in general with anything other than a gunshot for 8%.

up close black adam has a 6f standing 1 and a 10f standing 2 along with orbs that can hit someone for 12% while theyre moving to counter you, get the hell outa here when other chars dont even have 8f normals.
i didnt say that at all

or you can block the D1...? you dont need to jump, its just that most D1s in this game arent strong.
Jokers jump 2 and 3 is nuts, his b3 is good too. His crowbar is like +7. Great zoning as well.

What good up close is a 6f standing one or a 10f standing 2 or a advancing overhead if a poke covers all three options? Even if you block the d1 the opponent is only -1. Want to punish it with your 1 that is now 5f? You can't cause they are still crouching and can poke you again...

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
If they are full screen jumping at you and you throw a close bomb, they have to stop jumping at you because its in their way. Thats when you can back off, throw shit, get into position for something, or just relish in the fact that they have to think for a second.

Also his MB lightning bolts can hit people in the air if you time them properly, so jumping full screen isnt exactly free either.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Jokers jump 2 and 3 is nuts, his b3 is good too. His crowbar is like +7. Great zoning as well.

What good up close is a 6f standing one or a 10f standing 2 or a advancing overhead if a poke covers all three options? Even if you block the d1 the opponent is only -1. Want to punish it with your 1 that is now 5f? You can't cause they are still crouching and can poke you again...
Go into practice, pick black adam and someone with a d1, record them just doing d1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1. I bet you can do something about it.
When you say "All" 3 options, thats because youre limiting yourself to those 3 options, which are clearly the wrong options.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
bottom line because there has been a SHIT LOAD of theory fighting for the past pages

Adam = spacing and punishing character

Upclose = can hold his own

Pressure = pretty decent, better than what most people have

Defense = good with setups and mobility

Ability to cause mistakes = high

Ability to get out of sticky situations = not that good

Ability to take advantage of 3 adv frames or more = better than almost anyone

Trait = opens up people and creates mixups as well as punishing people for moving when upclose

Setups = plenty
Let me revise your list.

Adam = Trap character with traps that have not been discovered yet.

Upclose = Can't do shit against pokes.

Pressure = String into D1 or string into iadk.

Defense = Good keepaway and mobility with dive kick, terrible cross up defense, subpar AA. 6F poke.

Ability to Cause Mistakes = Maybe a whiff Jump other than that not really.

Ability to get out of stick sitations = Ass. And should fall in to defense.

Ability to take advantage of 3f or more advantage = If the character knows him, they can d1 and beat anything but his own d1.

Trait = Good, but causes no hit stun on block. All orbs dissapear if the opponent touches you. Great on a hitconfirmed string tho. Excellent when opponent is dwindling down on health.

Setups = Very few found and utilized so far. Experimental ones include ending combos in 13~lightning trap or 22B1~lightning trap. No guaranteed setups yet. (we need to find these.)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Go into practice, pick black adam and someone with a d1, record them just doing d1,d1,d1,d1,d1,d1. I bet you can do something about it.
When you say "All" 3 options, thats because youre limiting yourself to those 3 options, which are clearly the wrong options.
Please, tell me his other options in that situation?

I am giving you concrete examples...you are blowing smoke up my ass lol

Tell you what. YOU go into practice mode, pick someone walk up close to them and let them d1 d1 d1 d1 tell me what you can do about it :). You can spend a bar, thats about it :)

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Please, tell me his other options in that situation?

I am giving you concrete examples...you are blowing smoke up my ass lol

Tell you what. YOU go into practice mode, pick someone walk up close to them and let them d1 d1 d1 d1 tell me what you can do about it :). You can spend a bar, thats about it :)
Black adams d1, if its 6 frames too, then you are +1 after blocking their d1 and you should be able to D1~lightning or D1~traits ? You probably will get pushed out after like 2 D1's anyway and like, his B3 might be good, it doesnt move him forwards, just hits in the area directly infront?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Black adams d1, if its 6 frames too, then you are +1 after blocking their d1 and you should be able to D1~lightning or D1~traits ? You probably will get pushed out after like 2 D1's anyway and like, his B3 might be good, it doesnt move him forwards, just hits in the area directly infront?
D1~lighting (the one that hits low) doesn't link I don't believe.

D1~zap would. But you got one frame to execute.

D1~Black Magic does not I don't believe ( I could be wrong on this)

He can always push block I suppose.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
D1~lighting (the one that hits low) doesn't link I don't believe.

D1~zap would. But you got one frame to execute.

D1~Black Magic does not I don't believe ( I could be wrong on this)

He can always push block I suppose.
How about you d1,d1,d1,d1,d1 and make them spend a bar? Or just see what they do and take notes.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
How about you d1,d1,d1,d1,d1 and make them spend a bar? Or just see what they do and take notes.
Because other characters when they jump in at you can make you guess High Or Low, Left or Right.

Black Adam when he gets in on an opponent gets to do his string and d1.

*EDIT* He has a godlike Jump 2 tho. lol

All I am trying to prove is that there is not a whole lot of options here. If you do start to D1~zap you are doing about 12 percent damage. It would be one thing if this happened only while you were defending, because the aggressor should have an offensive advantage. The problem is the opponent can do this on YOUR offense severely limiting your options.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

im talking about jumps and whiff punishing for joker, not anything else. his b3 f3 are worse than the universals, not sure what youre talking about, his zoning aint that great vs most chars either.

then what good is sonyas d4 if it can be poked? what good are her high strings if they can be poked? what good is her MS? if it can be poked?

youre analysing basic fighting game scenarios man, this isnt about black adam, its about fgs in general, tired of this shitty downplaying as well.

please tell me a neutral situation in which black adam wants to attack but is held off by a D1

black adams pressure is designed to be + because he thrives in any + frames, most D1s that are -1 are NOT 6f and the ones that are are from characters he shouldnt be close to anyways or PUNISHABLE.

10F launching MID that shits on any non 6f and -1 pokes and a 6f jab to punish shit in general.

because, you know, sektors t rex arms also never punish anything or bait pokes

what youre saying right now about B23 will never happen, yeah, throw out d1s in jump/sweep range incase black adam throws out a B23, that wont backfire, i promise.

im done arguing anymore here, weve been discussing your ridiculous scenarios for 3-4 pages and you just wont accept all these can be baited or have other ways around them.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I am not bitching and saying he is bad, I can't wait to go home and lab it. When I do and when I find a good solution to it via either setups or situations, I will be the one that comes here and says, ALRIGHT BOYS, I figured it out. Black Adam now has one less weakness :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
im talking about jumps and whiff punishing for joker, not anything else. his b3 f3 are worse than the universals, not sure what youre talking about, his zoning aint that great vs most chars either.

then what good is sonyas d4 if it can be poked? what good are her high strings if they can be poked? what good is her MS? if it can be poked?

youre analysing basic fighting game scenarios man, this isnt about black adam, its about fgs in general, tired of this shitty downplaying as well.

please tell me a neutral situation in which black adam wants to attack but is held off by a D1

black adams pressure is designed to be + because he thrives in any + frames, most D1s that are -1 are NOT 6f and the ones that are are from characters he shouldnt be close to anyways or PUNISHABLE.

10F launching MID that shits on any non 6f and -1 pokes and a 6f jab to punish shit in general.

what youre saying right now about B23 will never happen, yeah, throw out d1s in jump/sweep range incase black adam throws out a B23, that wont backfire, i promise.

im done arguing anymore here, weve been discussing your ridiculous scenarios for 3-4 pages and you just wont accept all these can be baited or have other ways around them.
Sektor has flamethrower and a low starting along with missile setups. WE need to find our missile setups. We have our flamethrower (Zap)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I am not bitching and saying he is bad, I can't wait to go home and lab it. When I do and when I find a good solution to it via either setups or situations, I will be the one that comes here and says, ALRIGHT BOYS, I figured it out. Black Adam now has one less weakness :)
He already only has just one. Anti Airs, you are blowing this whole crouch thing out of proportion. Because the truth is due to how many overheads he has people would much rather block high on him, otherwise they are going to eat big damage.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

Dude you don't have to throw out d1's in midrange. You can literally just jump at him lol Or, just wait for him to do B23 you know it's coming. Everyone does. Afterwards, Black Adam has to poke or he is going to get poked. Thats his option.