What's new

best uppercut in anygame anywhere ever.

Scorpion.
Right now online scorpion is uppercutting from across the screen. Almost every scorpion does this. is it only online???

haha yea let me pull my cellular phone out and take a video of someone using scorpion, just hop online and play a scorpion is all you need to do.

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
While were on the topic of bull shit scorpion moves.. I really hate the fact that his Hell Fire move can stop me in the middle of my Ice Slide.

Uppercut "tier" list?

So I've seen all over the forums about this character having a good uppercut and that character having a bad one, etc etc, but I haven't seen a list showing the uppercuts from worst to best. I know Stryker, Baraka and Quan Chi have really good ones, and Shang has a really bad one. But is there a more definitive list? Taking into account stuff like recovery, hitbox, and that kind of stuff.

It might seem like a trivial thing, but uppercuts are important to some characters as things like anti-airs, and it'd be cool to see where everyone stands on the classic MK move.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Well, the thing is, Stryker for instance isn't going to use his uppercut for AAs since he has better options. 4, grenade toss, and gunshot are certainly much better. Same with Baraka, his blade charge, blade spin and chop chop work much better.

According the the frame data project, the fastest uppercuts are:

Kung Lao : 7 frame uppercut
Johnny Cage: 7 frame uppercut
Nightwolf: 7 frame uppercut
Sonya: 7 frame uppercut
Stryker: 7 frame uppercut
Liu Kang: 9 start up

Baraka: I'm not sure how much start up frames he has but his uppercut has crazy range and can even hit at sweep range.

The rest of the characters are 10+ start up I think. No idea about recovery frames but they're all safe on block anyway.

JulianH1001 said:
uppercuts are important to some characters as things like anti-airs
Like who? I fail to see which character really relies on uppercuts to win.

It's a good anti-air and reliable punish option if it's under 10 frame start up. But other than that it's not something I use too often.

Robotic

Gentleman.

Baraka: I'm not sure how much start up frames he has but his uppercut has crazy range and can even hit at sweep range.

The rest of the characters are 10+ start up I think. No idea about recovery frames but they're all safe on block anyway.

It's a good anti-air and reliable punish option if it's under 10 frame start up. But other than that it's not something I use too often.
I challenge this. Sektor's Uppercut is crazy fast.

I never said rely on, I said they can be used, important may have been the wrong word in retrospect. Not crucial to gameplay, but useful in some situations. You won't really find Shang using his as often as Stryker, etc. Like you said, the faster ones make good anti-airs and reliable punishes. (Especially online where combos can be dropped very easily and it's nice to have guaranteed damage.) Is Quan's uppercut not below ten frames? I've seen quite a few people lauding his uppercut for being very fast.

Another funny thing is that Liu has a decently fast uppercut but its range is SO bad.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I challenge this. Sektor's Uppercut is crazy fast.
But why would you use Sektor's uppercut as an AA when you can just use JIK into TU or flame for superior range? I mean, that's the issue here, I just can't see when an uppercut is actually viable when it seems like everyone has better options.

Robotic

Gentleman.
But why would you use Sektor's uppercut as an AA when you can just use JIK into TU or flame for superior range? I mean, that's the issue here, I just can't see when an uppercut is actually viable when it seems like everyone has better options.
I don't think the TS wants to break down the practicality of the Uppercut - I think he just wants to know what uppercut is fastest, what covers the most range, you know, the best uppercuts from top to bottom.

Yeah Quan Chi and Sektor probably have good uppercuts too. But there are no frame data for them yet.

In MK9 you need to punish with 30% combos though. I get that online lag makes it harder but last time I checked lag wasn't that bad. Last time I played online I could consistently pull my Stryker combos. And he doesn't exactly have the easiest combos.

wEEman33

Noob
Sheeva's uppercut has a lot of horizontal range, but it is really slow. Maybe one of the slowest in the game.

I would love to see uppercut frame data for all characters.

@Vulcan
Yeah, I know that well enough. I'm not big into online myself, but the lag isn't too bad from what I've seen. Like Robotic said it's just a curious inquiry. :p Uppercuts aren't to be used often but they are there and it's nice to know if they're decently fast or have a nice hitbox.

Ermac has the best. By Far.

Jump in on Ermac and get uppercutted = Force lift on the way down.

Easiest 40% combo ever.

iWumbo

Noob
I find it REALLY hard to believe that Liu Kang's uppercutis only 1 frame faster than the rest of the standard ones. It's gotta be right there along with the 7-framers, it's considerably faster than most.

Niflheim

Noob
I'm pretty sure Noob Saibot has the faster uppercut in the game, though that's not always neccesarily the best.