What's new

Best Stage for Reptile?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What do you guys believe is the best stage for Reptile? With how prominent the stage selection will be, which ones do you think will provide the best advantage for the character?

KT Smith maybe a best stage for Smoke thread?

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
What do you guys believe is the best stage for Reptile? With how prominent the stage selection will be, which ones do you think will provide the best advantage for the character?

KT Smith maybe a best stage for Smoke thread?
well, there are only 2 best stages and it depends on whether or not you need to be close. People should be picking either a rooftop stage to stay away or the pit to stay close. (I think the pit is the smallest stage after hell, since it's banned. Not sure though)

THTB

well, there are only 2 best stages and it depends on whether or not you need to be close. People should be picking either a rooftop stage to stay away or the pit to stay close. (I think the pit is the smallest stage after hell, since it's banned. Not sure though)
True, but Reptile and Smoke are particularly special cases simply because of invisibility.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The House Of Pekara.

(Just kidding. I say go Pit. The less room they have to run from Reptile, the better a day Reptile's gonna have.)

THTB

mmmmm never thought of that. which rooftop stage is darkest? lol
I don't think any of the rooftops are dark enough.

Goro's Lair is big, and has a ton of dark spots. As long as you stay outside of where Goro sits, it's probably the best large stage for Rep/Smoke.

Bell Tower is the second largest stage, but midstage is too bright. Corners are fairly dark, though.

Also, stages with really visible shadows (Most of the stages...surprisingly Hell doesn't have shadows, though) hinder invisibility extremely, and we're forced to use EX to make it useful.

Living Forest is probably their best small stage. Fairly dark, and the plants cover up the shadows well.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
hmmm nice thinking, well i know on the pit bottom at both sides near the corner where theres the darker background (rocks or something) normal invis pretty much the ex invis without the damage boost.
usedforglue showed me this at casuals one day

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I don't think any of the rooftops are dark enough.

Goro's Lair is big, and has a ton of dark spots. As long as you stay outside of where Goro sits, it's probably the best large stage for Rep/Smoke.

Bell Tower is the second largest stage, but midstage is too bright. Corners are fairly dark, though.

Also, stages with really visible shadows (Most of the stages...surprisingly Hell doesn't have shadows, though) hinder invisibility extremely, and we're forced to use EX to make it useful.

Living Forest is probably their best small stage. Fairly dark, and the plants cover up the shadows well.
Living forest has no corners which annoys me. Goros lair is much better if youre gonna be picky, though with smoke the size of the stage is less relevant because of his mobility and control of position during combos.

THTB

Living forest has no corners which annoys me. Goros lair is much better if youre gonna be picky, though with smoke the size of the stage is less relevant because of his mobility and control of position during combos.
More room away from corners is good for Smoke, though.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
More room away from corners is good for Smoke, though.
If thats what youre going for. On most, if not every level however you can whiff a telepunch at some point in his combos to turn them around and ALWAYS carry them to the corner, i was merely stating the aesthetics of the stage, where in living forest you have to guess when you reach a stage edge. Some are alot less apparant than others and in the heat of a match the corner can take you by surprise.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I was seriously thinking about this same thing earlier today. Courtyard night, Goro's lair and the Pit bottom are probably my favorites unless I'm forgetting some other good ones.

Btw good games at MLG, Thtb. I think we only got a couple but it was still fun stuff :)

McNasty

Moist.
Rooftop day to run away shangs throne room to dim the visability(classic music kicks ass)

Or ill go with goros lair since its a medium size and ubber badass.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Shangs Palace, Bottom of the Pit, Hidden Forest, and Acid Pit.

I'd used to think Goros lair but your shadow is cast on the wall which defeats the purpose.