What's new

Best Non-Fighter Video Game Developer?

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
I love fighting games and all, but i will never ever ever give up on RPGs and really just a wide selection of genres of games from simple xbla platformers to action/adventure Uncharted like game. So i present to you TYM, who do you feel is the Best (or at least your favorite) Game Developing Company out there. For me it is going to be between Bioware and Bethesda. Every game i have played that Bioware has made has been simply phenominal in Storytelling (If you have not played Mass Effect 2 you are missing out on THE BEST OF THIS CONSOLE GENERATION) and Bethesda with Oblivion and Fallout 3 and the upcoming Skyrim, just knows how to make the 60 bones you shell out for a game last for a very long time.

leek

Noob
Bethesda or DICE.

Every game that I've played from DICE, I have plugged 250+ hours into at the least. Battlefield fan since the original Vietnam. A good 500+ hours logged onto Battlefield 2 as most played on PC for me.. probably about 300+ on Bad Company 2 on PS3. With Bethesda, Oblivion I've played to hell and Fallout 3 was and is my favorite RPG, close runner up being Demon's Souls.

Depends on my mood. If I want multiplayer, DICE. Opposite obviously Bethesda.

gamesun

Noob
BIOWARE!!!!!NINTENDO(ZELDA,MARIO)!!!!!!INSOMAIC!!!!!!CAPCOM(RE SERIES)!!!!!!!!BETHESDA!!!!!!!!!ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!NAUGHTYDOG!!!!!!!!.............a little tired.....If i remember more I'll be back

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
if i knew how to do it, i would add a poll option up at the top, but going by what has all been said so far it looks like

Bethesda: 4
Bioware: 2
Capcom (RE): 1
DICE: 1
Insomniac: 1
Kojima: 2
Naughty Dog: 2
Nintendo: 2
Rockstar: 1
Square-Enix/Soft: 2

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
In order:

1. Valve (why is this not in every reply in this thread?)
2. Bethesda
3. Rare, if we're talking about 10+ years ago

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
-naughty dog
-Rare
-DICE
-MM
-Capcom (back then)

and just for Lolz

INFINITY WARD!!!

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
In order:

1. Valve (why is this not in every reply in this thread?)
2. Bethesda
3. Rare, if we're talking about 10+ years ago
I really don't like Valve. They made Half-Life which is a great game one of my favourites and then they made Half-Life 2 what's nearly not as good as the first one. Many creatures just disappeared, no Xen, even less story. It was a huge let down for me. Other than that, what did they make? Counter-Strike? Mod. Team Fortress? Mod. Left 4 Dead? A lot of mod made into one. Portal? Hired a few people who had this idea.
But yes, I admit. Steam is great and probably saved the PC as a gaming platform. However this topic is about games and Steam is not one.
Also, my favourite Half-Life game, Opposing Force was made by Gearbox. ^_^

Edit: I forgot to mention that they also managed to ruin Team Fortress 2.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
I really don't like Valve. They made Half-Life which is a great game one of my favourites and then they made Half-Life 2 what's nearly not as good as the first one. Many creatures just disappeared, no Xen, even less story. It was a huge let down for me. Other than that, what did they make? Counter-Strike? Mod. Team Fortress? Mod. Left 4 Dead? A lot of mod made into one. Portal? Hired a few people who had this idea.
But yes, I admit. Steam is great and probably saved the PC as a gaming platform. However this topic is about games and Steam is not one.
Also, my favourite Half-Life game, Opposing Force was made by Gearbox. ^_^

Edit: I forgot to mention that they also managed to ruin Team Fortress 2.
How'd they ruin TF2

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
not a fan of pc or valve, portal and half life were ok, but everything else, Meh, and to silverkey i agree, bioware just shits gold everytime

Reedoms

Noob
I don't get how people can actually like Bioware these days.
Sure they made some fantastic games back in the 90's but now all they do is shit out the bare minimum for a game so people will eat it up for 60+ dollars and add DLC on the first day thats pretty overpriced for people to buy.

Niflheim

Noob
Bungie, Valve, Bethesada(If only they didn't have a hundred bugs), Naughty Dog, Bioware(worthwhile DLC for once), and Gearbox. That's all I can think of.

leek

Noob
Oh wow how'd I forget...

Kojima for sure. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series of all time(entertainment wise.. not even just video games.)