Best Horror Game [PS3]

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Spletty, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Spletty

Spletty Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Spletty
    Okay I'm stuck. I've been researching horror games for the ps3 and I just don't know what to do. I want a legitimately creepy scary game, but not dead space. Please dont say dead space. What are the best? I've played resident evil 5 and meh. I want a silent hill game but te reviews and overall opinion on them is bad. I need some advice people!
  2. TheTetraSpirit

TheTetraSpirit Well-Known Member

Get Downpour. It is good.
    Definitely not SH2/3 caliber(Nothing is), but still quite solid and captures a good atmosphere.
    aj1701 likes this.
  3. Goldy

Goldy Strumpet Staff Member Premium Supporter

Fatal Frame series is really good - especially 2. I liked the Siren remake on Psn. Alice MR is kinda creepy, but short. The best survival horror games seem to be mostly ps2. Some of my favorites that no one played are Rule of Rose, Kuon and Haunting Ground. Ps2 era games and hard to come by though. The genre isn't as popular anymore (not that it ever really was) and even then you kinda have to search.

I'll be watching the thread for good finds!
  4. NB Semi Evil Ryu

NB Semi Evil Ryu I fight for truth, justice, and Kat Dennings. Premium Supporter

PSN:
    Rumler
    XBL:
    Semi Evil Ryu
    Fatal Frame immediately comes to my mind....

Edit: lol, I got beat to the punch
  5. 1man3letters

1man3letters OBS - Alpha Tarkatan - Hellfire Moderator Staff Member Premium Supporter

siren blood curse is one of my favs, check it out if you havnt before
    ragnar0kz28 likes this.
  6. NFI

NFI Kitty Got Wet

The original Resident Evil's for sure. Old but suits the horror game genre. I'm talking about Resident Evil 3 and below. Resident evil 4 was meh. It gets extra points for Leon.
  7. IKizzLE

IKizzLE BloodHound

For ps3?! Condemned or FEAR 1
    For ps2?! Fatal Frame
  8. Goldy

It gives me a happy to see Fatal Frame getting loved on. :)

Might have to play some Crimson Butterfly for old times sake. I'm sure it will still give me some scares even after all these years. Broken neck and box woman *shudder*

May have to tamper with my Wii and get 4 after all. There's a free program made by fans you can put on your SD card to translate it. Series had such a loyal fan base... It's a pity it seems finished. Check out "beyond the camera's lense" .com for details how to play if anyone is inclined to do so.

Standard FF story, creepy girl botches a ritual and everything turns to suck. Takes place on an island sanitarium for people cursed by cameras if memory serves lol.
  9. SatsuiYesHadou

SatsuiYesHadou Superman Prime

Kuh-bawl.
    Verstande likes this.
  10. Fraud Blank

Fraud Blank Blank never loses...but I'm a Fraud D:

If you thought RE5 was going to be scary all I say is lol.

Dark Souls is more scarier than RE5.

Ok, but as for a scary game...on a PS3...none.They don't exist in this generation.
  11. aj1701

aj1701 Premium Supporter Premium Supporter

PSN:
    aj1701
    I thought silent hill homecoMing was tense. Fear was good too. Downpour was good as well.
  12. Angel Oleander

Angel Oleander Hellfire & DoomStroke.

[​IMG]

Sorry, I had to.

I haven't played any other good horror title in a while.

I may or may not have not seen the part disqualifying Dead Space until I reread the OP.

At least it's a nice picture.
  13. Reedoms

Reedoms Resident Comic Buff

If you have a semi-decent computer/laptop I would recommend checking out Amnesia or Penumbra. Both are under $10 and will scare your pants right off.
    Verstande, Zer0 Hundr3d and CYracks like this.
  14. Fraud Blank

Slender and SCP would even do it for free.As for Penumbra, don't play beyond 1 and 2.They suck balls.
  15. lebanese boy

lebanese boy Well-Known Member

i dont see a horror game in ps3 but i can say the last silent hell was good
  16. Reedoms

Reedoms Resident Comic Buff

Slender is 30 minutes tops and is really silly when you get down to it.
  17. Fraud Blank

Yea if you've watched like a million videos prior to actually playing.
  18. RiBBz22

RiBBz22 Scumbag Killer Frost / Smoke. Time Traveler. Staff Member

PSN:
    RiBBz22
    Steam:
    RiBBz22
    Play any of the older Resident Evil's if you missed one alone the way. Fatal Frame I and especially II are really good too. What is your issue with Dead Space? That is one of the greatest survival horror games of all time... Deep space mining is a lucrative business, Mr. Spletty.
  19. Verstande

Verstande Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend any game from current gen consoles.

As stated above, check out Amnesia, Resident Evil 1-3, etc.
  20. Joker8417

Joker8417 Salt Proprietor of TYM

PSN:
    Joker8417
    F.E.A.R. is pretty good, one of the better titles to come out in recent years. The second one was good too, but I feel the first was the best.
    Also heard Alan Wake was good...wait that's xbox, my bad. I have yet to get a chance to play Siren: Blood Curse but heard it's good. That Zombie Red Dead Redemption game was fun too, but idk if it was really all that horrific.
  21. Goldy

Alright, it's Count Chocula season! Or, like some cereal haters call it, Halloween. So I've been finding more horror games.

Spirit Camera - it's for 3DS but it is a Fatal Frame game! So that gives me hope they might not be done. Short and sweet.

And from the PSN store, I just picked up Hydrophobia Prophecy and Hysteria Project for about &2.50 each.

I've also seen Amy and I am Alive there, but haven't bought them yet. I've heard people say Cathrine is scary, but it just really isn't my thing... Kind of a frustrating puzzle/platform type game with a story about relationships and cheating and sheep.

Lots of Resident Evils, and classic games like Dino Crisis and Parasite Eve for sale too.

I'll keep you updated of I find anything good :)
    Spletty likes this.
  22. Tokiwartoothxdk

Tokiwartoothxdk Professional Lurker

Heavy Rain. why?
    because the plot holes are so horrible its scary
  23. Lexithanius

Lexithanius My pussy, my rules

And what's your issue with Dead Space? Huh?!

TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
  24. Grolarbears

Grolarbears Well-Known Member

Dino Crisis 1 isn't that scary, but it has a few jumps that are solid. Just a good game if you like Resident Evil 2. Although not scary, Dino Crisis 2 is one of the better action shooters I've played to this day. Kind of like RE4 but for the Dino Crisis series. Interesting to see how Capcom evolved off of it.
  25. Goldy

Hysteria Project is an old looking point and click game that's very die, try again, die, try again, die, try again.... It's more annoying than scary. Hydrophobia looks pretty, but I haven't done much in it yet. But for $2 I'm not going to complain.

If the OP doesn't mind, since this genre has so few games, I wanted to ask about the 360. I've seen Decay 1-3, A mad man's Guide to Happiness and Without Escape - Indi games described as scary. Has anyone tried them?