What's new

Best Defensive Kameos

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I usually like to play a little defensive when I play fighting games. I tend to like characters who are good at zoning / hit and run / slowing down the pace a little to frustrate the opponent - I am maining Kitana and Li Mei right now which seems to work ok with this strat. At the moment, I am looking for a kameo that compliments that style the best. My main aim is not to play a kameo for kombo potential (though that is nice), but more for utility, so I was wondering who you think are the best defensive Kameos?

While you are there... if you have any suggestions for new characters that would suit my style of play to try out, I would love to hear suggestions.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I like using lao for that style, his low hat is just a great spacing tool. Makes people want to jump so you can anti air. Not really a defensive tool per say but good for that hit and run playstyle, stops the player being able to just run in on you.

Scorpion maybe for his spear move, I don't see people using that much though mostly just his fireballs for whatever reason.

Sub zero makes it easiet to defend against peojectiles obvs.

Sareena with her good projectiles and invincivle reversal/wakeup.

I'd reccomend Tanya/Lao team for that style with her great mid range. Plus mixup with low hat which can be hit confirmed with spin for a full combo. Her great range normals. Give her a go maybe.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I usually like to play a little defensive when I play fighting games. I tend to like characters who are good at zoning / hit and run / slowing down the pace a little to frustrate the opponent - I am maining Kitana and Li Mei right now which seems to work ok with this strat. At the moment, I am looking for a kameo that compliments that style the best. My main aim is not to play a kameo for kombo potential (though that is nice), but more for utility, so I was wondering who you think are the best defensive Kameos?

While you are there... if you have any suggestions for new characters that would suit my style of play to try out, I would love to hear suggestions.
If you’re playing Li Mei and Kitana then Sub Zero and Kung Lao are your best kameos for that.

For Lie Mei in particular, sub allows you to completely ignore everyone else’s zoning and helps facilitate your own zoning. His invincible wake-up is also really helpful. For Li Mei in particular, sub has great synergy combo-wise as well (although you mentioned not really caring about combos).

Kung Lao’s low hat really helps force her zoning game as well. It regenerates so fast and makes them block her high projectiles. She can control heaps of the screen with low saw, straight shot and lanterns. There’s also some hard-to-blockables with low hat and ex instant air db4.

WA-Finest

>>WILL SLIDE IN NEUTRAL<<
Probably Sub Zero, his cold shoulder basically just resets to neutral on block and you can just kind of stall from there with the frost armor option

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
What about Motaro? Turret, low projectile, shield so they can't zone you back, and teleport so you don't get cornered.

josephf5

Noob
For both of those characters, I would recommend Kung Lao as your main Kameo, and Sub-Zero as a counter pick against other zoners. Li Mei is also really good with Scorpion if you want to play more offensively, but for the strategy you described, I’d go with Lao/Sub.