What's new

Best controller presets for fightsticks

Dann

Noob
hey guys. i recently picked up a fightstick and I'm having a little trouble adjusting since i've plead with a ps2/ps3 controller my whole life. i was watching some streams and i've noticed that players like eric warda and cd jr always change their controller presets. i've looked around but nobody has posted on this yet and when you pause the videos is to blurry to see what there custom preset looks like. is there any presets that make combos easier to execute on a japanese style fightstick or should i just keep it how it is and get use to it? thanks in advance

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I use the default layout myself, with ring or pinkyfinger block. But I saw some different layouts used:

More traditional layout:
1 throw 2
3 block 4

Switched standard:
throw 1 2
block 3 4

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Does anyone have a good layout for the Hitbox style controller??

I've tried the following combinations

FP,BP,BLK,CS
FK,BK,THR,TAG

FP,BLK,BP,CS
FK,TAG,BK,THR

BLK,FP,BP,THR
CS,FK,BK,TAG

But can't seem to settle on a combination that 'feels right'. If anyone has any suggestions, please enlighten me!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

FP,BP,BLK,CS
FK,BK,THR,TAG

FP,BLK,BP,CS
FK,TAG,BK,THR

BLK,FP,BP,THR
CS,FK,BK,TAG

But can't seem to settle on a combination that 'feels right'. If anyone has any suggestions, please enlighten me!
I think is better
BP,BK,THR,TAG
FP,BLK,FK,SS
It is easyer with ex moves so the block is in the middle...............I have a HITTBOX , but still playing with pad , cause i am to lasy to practice..........but i tryed it and is fun

leek

Noob

FP,BP,BLK,CS
FK,BK,THR,TAG

FP,BLK,BP,CS
FK,TAG,BK,THR

BLK,FP,BP,THR
CS,FK,BK,TAG

I play with this:

BP,BK,BLK,CS
FP,FK,THR,TAG

B W1zZ

Noob
I use:

:fp | :blk | :bp
:fk | throw | :bk

I can't play any other way. If I'm playing tag mode I'll shift the layout so it looks like:

stance | :fp | :blk | :bp
:tag | :fk | throw | :bk

or:

:stance | :fp | :blk | :bp
throw | :fk | :tag | :bk

I usually throw with :fp + :fk

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
i use

fp bp block tag
fk bk stance throw

prop a bit odd but it works for me,mk9 was 1st game played on stick so i had a clean slate to work off for my placements