What's new

Best character online?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Raiden, b/c everytme you get close they always teleport and try to get you in the corner with their BS. Liu Kang is annoying too b/c most ppl who use him just do the same 321 combo every fucking time. KL, Cage, and Millena users online just block til you get to them, so I just troll them until I throw them off. but ALL of you should know not to take online seriously, since most of the "Ranked" matches are fraud anyways.

Last edited:
I'd have to say the top 5 in order are:

Sonya
Lao
Reptile
Mileena
Raiden

As someone stated before, Sonya can pretty much do whatever she wants online. Cartwheel and dive kick are very abusable online. Her d4 can be easily thrown out without any real danger. Her stupidity is made even safer online.

Lao's pressure and teleport are amplified online. It's much harder to go for big punishes on teleport and you're pretty much reduced to an uppercut or dashing forward. His crossover and jump-in pressure is also very annoying to deal with online.

Reptile's elbow dash is harder to punish (I can really only punish it with Cage's uppercut or a throw) and like Mileena, his d4 is abusable as well. He can dominate the elbow dash distance much more easily online.

It's much harder to play footsies with Mileena as d4 is easily abusable. It's much harder to react to random rolls and EX teleport can be pretty difficult to punish properly.

Raiden's teleport is really annoying to deal with sometimes. Most flowchart Raidens love to jump as soon as they teleport so I almost always NJP as soon as I see a teleport.

Some honorable mentions:
Kitana (d1 is way more abusable, much easier to play a lame style, easier to get hit by her big combos)
Liu Kang (his pressure is much harder to get out of; sometimes I can't even counterpoke)
Cage (more annoying to get out of his pressure)
Sindel (d4, cartwheel, and her fireballs can be annoying as hell to deal with)

Flagg

Noob
Man its still possible to punish reptiles dash on block. If CSZ can 11 ice ball a blocked dash, then most characters can.

Johnny Cage practically has Superman pressure online.

Mileena does not get an advantage online. Instead I believe it's the opposite.

NOT Advantages:
- D4 can be abused as hell offline too.
- Its hard to punish EX tele offline too. If she sais then is very easy to punish both online and offline.
- It's hard to react to roll offline too.
- Her high/low mixups b3 or U4 is easily reactable online too, unlike some other character's high/low mixups.

Disadvantages:
- She can't react online with teleport/roll to some projectiles that she could offline.
- Lack of armor is hurting her a lot more online than offline, because with lag is harder to get out of pressure. For example Cage vs Mileena becomes 8-2 online.