What's new

Best Alt. Character for Cyrax mains

Who is the best alternate character to compliment Cyrax's bad MU's?

• Total voters

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Considering Cyrax's bad matchups, who do YOU feel the best one character would be to have as an alt?

BTW, this is the Cyrax MU chart that the community reps have (mostly) agreed upon. I say mostly because some character reps have not chimed in with their opinions' on their character, so I did the best I could.

Cyrax - Opponent

Baraka 6-4
CSZ 5-5
Ermac 5-5
Freddie 5-5
Jade 6-4
Jax 4-6
Johnny Cage 5-5
Kabal 3-7
Kano 6-4
Kenshi 4-6
Kitana 4-6
Kung Lao 4-6
Liu Kang 5-5
Mileena 5-5
Nightwolf 5-5
Noob Saibot 6-4
Quan Chi 6-4
Raiden 4-6
Rain 5-5
Reptile 5-5
Scorpion 5-5
Sektor 4-6
Shang 5-5
Sheeva 7-3
Sindel 5-5
Skarlet 5-5
Smoke 4-6
Sonya 4-6
Stryker 5-5
Sub Zero 5-5

My first pick that seems to make sense is Reptile, but please VOTE now and try to explain with your reasoning if you have time.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I voted for Smoke.

If you can learn to shake nets on reaction, that will really discourage Cyrax from just throwing them out there. Also, in full screen situations, you can discourage him from throwing out random bombs via throwing out a smoke bomb yourself. That way, you won't have to worry about getting in range by trying to tip-toe through a minefield....lol

That's just my two cents anyway. I'm purely theory fighting here, as I don't even think I've ever had to go through this MU as Smoke.

Because it only allowed me to post 10 choices, and sheeva sucks. :) In all seriousness, if you feel Sheeva would be good against Smoke, Raiden, Kabal, or Kitana, I'd love to hear why...
The down up!? Lols in all seriousness, Jax would be my pick. He'd even out the jax mu (obviously...), make the kabal slightly better. And I'm pretty sure he'd do better against smoke and raiden :)

NariTuba

disMember
I dont agree with some of the losing matchups in this chart and some others can be countered with Cyblax. I personally play Cage as well as Cyrax since day 1, no logic behind it, just like the character.

I voted for Sektor, he might be a good complement... of course the best might be Kabal, but fuck that.

Btw, big props on your Cyblax man! I saw you play Soonk the other night and was very impressed... good shit.

Reactions: HAN

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I dont agree with some of the losing matchups in this chart and some others can be countered with Cyblax. I personally play Cage as well as Cyrax since day 1, no logic behind it, just like the character.

I voted for Sektor, he might be a good complement... of course the best might be Kabal, but fuck that.

Btw, big props on your Cyblax man! I saw you play Soonk the other night and was very impressed... good shit.
Thank you - Yeah, I played ok in that match. Usually I can put up a better fight against Soonk, but it wasnt my day on many levels. I've realized that since Kabal is getting more and more poplular in competitive play and Cyrax is terrible against him, I may need a new main or a very strong alt that can handle the Kabal matchup. Smoke is pretty bad as well, but more winnable.

Death

Noob
Thank you - Yeah, I played ok in that match. Usually I can put up a better fight against Soonk, but it wasnt my day on many levels. I've realized that since Kabal is getting more and more poplular in competitive play and Cyrax is terrible against him, I may need a new main or a very strong alt that can handle the Kabal matchup. Smoke is pretty bad as well, but more winnable.
Go for mobility. Kung Lao/Raiden/Reptile could be a good choice.

Reactions: HAN

Death

Noob
Reason why I say mobility cuz it seems Cyrax only bad MU is Kabal and I think characters with good mobility are the best bet to take him down. I think Cyrax can still win his tough MUs vs Cage, Smoke, Sonya etc.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I honestly have no problems with the tools of the character vs Cage...although Dizzy usually gets the better me of when we play, it's him making me commit to risky things or me making bad reads. Versus Kabal, the tools I have to make the matchup work seem insufficient. Kind of like building a house with a fisher price tool set.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I agree HAN. If you are able to keep cage at the right spacing (I use a lot of close bombs), he is manageable.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Kung Lao. Just about anything my robot can't do, he can cover pretty well, especially Kenshi and Smoke.

Also, Steve is a robot. That dude was cold as a calculator before they put the tin suit on him, for certain.

Also also, Fisher Price metaphor FTW. Even Cyblax can only do so much in that match.
Once he learns to read the Telepoof, you're fucked :(..