What's new

Ben Affleck cast as the new Batman in Man of Steel 2

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The question isn't how will be Ben Affleck as batman, but how will be batman in MoS. Probably more exagerated than TDK ^^

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I don't think it'd be very wise to judge Mr. Affleck on work he did several years/nearly a decade ago. He is older now, more mature. He just had major success with Argo...judge him when the movie premieres.

Also, there was a lot of public criticism when Heath Ledger was announced as The Joker...and we all know how epic he was. ;)

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
On the bright side, not like Christian Bale was even that good in the last 2 dark knight movies, Joker and Bane totally carried those for his crappy raspy voice batman. I thought Bale was lousy in every Batman except for the first one. He's done some great movies but his Batman just got lamer and lamer.

TheRyzzl

Noob
Ben Affleck isn't even a terrible actor by any means. Just cant picture him as Batman...correction Bruce Wayne. Also Bale was a meh wayne as well. There were just better options.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
I don't mind Benifer Affleck as an actor... but BATMAN?

He's a better writer/director than actor but that doesn't take away from his ability to give a solid performance on screen.
The best Batman hands down is Michael Keaton; not because of his movies but because they played BATMAN! He didn't let the role play him... You have to be able to express anguish as Batman. He is a grieving character. If you cannot emote well or if you are a one trick pony (George Clooney) you cannot play Batman. Affleck is a strong actor but he cannot carry the screen. He is out acted in EVERY movie. They should have considered Ethan Hawke, Matt Damon, Channing Tatum*, James FRANCO*, or Bradley Cooper. WHY?! Because they are funny and can play a comedic role. What does that have to do with Batman? Actors with a good comedy background (typically) have better timing and are able to express emotions better because TRAGEDY is rooted in COMEDY! Batman's tone and story are tragic. So if you want a good Batman, find someone funny... I'm skeptical but I'm giving Affleck the benefit of the doubt. I heard mixed reviews about Man of Steel. I'm a huge Batman fan and have been for a VERY LONG time. Affleck best not fudge this up.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I actually like this choice. He actually looks like Bruce in the comics and is the right age. He's also a good actor and loves comics.

PS: The directors cut of Daredevil wasn't too bad.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
In all honesty I think Affleck will be a better Batman than Christan Bale. He might not be a better Bruce Wayne however.
Agreed.

Bale was a pretty... not good Batman. I want to say bad, but he wasnt "bad", just not any good.

Bale was too short [Ben is 3-4 inches taller], Bales voice was rofl atrocious, the suit was silly, and his Batman wasnt that good either: he was a bad fighter, an idiot who was constantly 3 steps behind everyone, didnt use gadgets effectively or often enough, and quit even though crime still went on. Just wasnt close to The Batman from the comics, animated movies, video games, books.

I have confidence too in his Wayne, he can play an arrogant dick.