What's new

Beginner Ermac players questions and answers thread

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
This seems to be the right place to ask this: do some of Ermac's moves have armor? It seems like TKS has it when done as a wakeup move, and I believe that EX TKS seems to have it?...

If anyone could clarify which moves are armored for me, that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
None of Ermac's specials have armor, TKL & TKP have invincibility frames on wakeup (like any other wakeup special in the game)

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Noob question here: how safe is TKP. And how and what can punish it (moves, distance) ?
Outside of jump in range, for me I feel, is pretty safe for ermac. Its recovery is very slow tho on block so anything close be prepared to take a full combo punishment.

Skkra

None of Ermac's specials have armor, TKL & TKP have invincibility frames on wakeup (like any other wakeup special in the game)
In that case, is Lift still a viable wakeup option for someone trying to rush you down?

Wakeup moves get 8 frames of invincibility, right? And Lift has 13 frames of startup according to the frame data in this forum. Doesn't that technically mean there is a 5 frame window where you could be hit out of the move before it connects?

My main question is really: if someone is rushing me down on wakeup, is wakeup Lift the right choice to get them the heck off me and get a nice 30%+ juggle?

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
After the last patch there are 12 frames of invincibility on wakeup, so if someone's rushing you down mindlessly it's quite viable. Remember tho they can start to bait your WU attacks and punish them on block ;)

Hello. Just a question: After the new update, it is possible to combine a tele lift, then jump punch, telepunch and then the 2,2? I'm having a hard time doing it. Cheers.
jumping kick instead of punch increases the damage. a nice and easy combo (51%) jumping punch connect it with back,1,1,4 than uplift (ex) than jumping kick, tele-port, dash 2,2, tele-force. u can also do this without ex lift but than u aren't able to punch (2) twice and the damage scales to 41%. good luck

Skkra

What strings of Ermac's are safe on block? We don't have a complete frame data list (in any forum, it seems?) so I may have to test this stuff out myself. For example, is b+1,1,4 safe on block, or just the b+1,1 part? I don't see this all listed anywhere. I'm mostly concerned with knowing moves that leave you -6 or more, since the fastest moves in the game (sektor's 1, kung lao spin, reptile dash) all seem to be around 6.

Does Ermac have any strings that leaves him PLUS frames on block? From what I can see, it seems like maybe a blocked 3,1 may leave him positive or even frames.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
What strings of Ermac's are safe on block? We don't have a complete frame data list (in any forum, it seems?) so I may have to test this stuff out myself. For example, is b+1,1,4 safe on block, or just the b+1,1 part? I don't see this all listed anywhere. I'm mostly concerned with knowing moves that leave you -6 or more, since the fastest moves in the game (sektor's 1, kung lao spin, reptile dash) all seem to be around 6.

Does Ermac have any strings that leaves him PLUS frames on block? From what I can see, it seems like maybe a blocked 3,1 may leave him positive or even frames.

B114 is safe on block. Also F114 is safe on block but the opponent can crouch and punish F11 with down pokes, uppercut or a VERY fast special.31 on block i think leaves Ermac on even frames. Havent tested it enough though. I ll post if its safe or not next time i meet with my friends for casuals.121 also is even on frames but the opponent can punish 1 if he crouches it.

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
2,2 is safe on block (but duckable & kinda useless, because you cannot combo out of it).
f+2 is adv. on block.

Skkra

31 on block i think leaves Ermac on even frames. Havent tested it enough though. I ll post if its safe or not next time i meet with my friends for casuals.
Cool, thanks!!!

I'm new to the MK community, but not to fighting games. Coming from Tekken and SF, I'm surprised that every single character forum doesn't have full listings of startup, hit, and block frames for all of the moves. As far as I've seen, none of them have it.

I may take it upon myself to work out the complete frame data for Ermac; we still need hit and block right now, assuming all the initiation frame data stickied in this forum is correct.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
How do you fight Raiden?
with patience and full punishments for supermans. Dont haphazardly throw out tkp or tks cuz a teleport will fuck u up. Dorking his low pokes and poking out of raidens slow block streams will get you a victory

ELC

Scrublord McGee
1. Is B1,2 safe on block?
2. Can B1 be hit confirmed into B1,2xxTKS?

Reason why I'm asking is because B1 builds a good chunk of meter on block, and B1,2 keeps Ermac close to the opponent whereas B1,1 and B1,1,4 pushes Ermac back.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
with patience and full punishments for supermans. Dont haphazardly throw out tkp or tks cuz a teleport will fuck u up. Dorking his low pokes and poking out of raidens slow block streams will get you a victory
lol yuck.. My english is terrible on this!! Ducking and poking out of his strings will help to frustrate a raiden player

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
I am really interested in this character and his unlocked potential. This fight here was against Crazy Dominican in the losers finals of last night's VSM tournament.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on where to go from here with the character?

What I know I did wrong already was jumping too much since his air to air jump punch beat mine 100% of the time. I did jump however because I knew he was going to and I thought I could beat him in the air. And I dropped a lot of combo enders with the f4.

Thanks for any tips/advice in advance! My match with CD starts at 22:55.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/308299612

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I am really interested in this character and his unlocked potential. This fight here was against Crazy Dominican in the losers finals of last night's VSM tournament.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on where to go from here with the character?

What I know I did wrong already was jumping too much since his air to air jump punch beat mine 100% of the time. I did jump however because I knew he was going to and I thought I could beat him in the air. And I dropped a lot of combo enders with the f4.

Thanks for any tips/advice in advance! My match with CD starts at 22:55.

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/308299612
A combo that I am going to mess with... and this is kind of "my latest strategy" so I don't know how good it is yet, but look at this video at :35 for right now.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
with my experience against kitana's (which no doubt in my mind aren't even close to CD) but if you can catch the pattern of the IAF's you can teleport punish him for attempting

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Man is it just me or did crazy dominican have no ermac matchup experience. why didnt he jump the buttslams? why did he keep jumping into the force push over and over?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Swift nice Ermac man. I had fun in the matches we played unfortunately they were always cut short due to us having to go on stream lol.

Catch you at Winter Brawl!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
with my experience against kitana's (which no doubt in my mind aren't even close to CD) but if you can catch the pattern of the IAF's you can teleport punish him for attempting
Yea, same goes with any of the IAF characters. I think I was a little to afraid to do so, but next time I'll pay more attention to see if there was a patern or if the player likes to do IAF's at some point in the fight.

Thanks!

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Man is it just me or did crazy dominican have no ermac matchup experience. why didnt he jump the buttslams? why did he keep jumping into the force push over and over?
I can only assume he didn't jump because he didn't want to risk me teleporting and getting a lift. So I chose to abuse that fact and slam every time. It's either play it safe and take 8% or risk it for a possible 30%. You can't say the VSM guys don't have match up xp, that's never the case with the north east players.

The force push... I'm not sure. I think he was trying to catch me with IAFs or speed his way in.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Swift nice Ermac man. I had fun in the matches we played unfortunately they were always cut short due to us having to go on stream lol.

Catch you at Winter Brawl!
Thanks man! Your Reptile is to be feared! The short matches we did have were a blast though! And you vs scoot was probably my favorite match of the night to watch.

See you in a week!