What's new

Question Be nice to a new Lantern, I have a question.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
So I picked up GL, or more preferably for me Yellow Lantern a few days ago, I already have a handful of good combos I learned from here, and some I made up, but there is one issue holding me back...

...B13,Trait,LM.

I see it done so flawlessly all the time on tournament play or online or anywhere, but for the life of me I can not do the trait to LM at all. Every time I do it, LM doesn't register and he stops at the trait. I don't know if this is just my inexperience with GL, my controller, or what. Any tips on how I can execute this a bit better? Thanks

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Good looks on going yellow.

When you hit-confirm b13, cancel into trait. The second he does his pose with the lantern, do the LM input. After they do a little bounce you can connect 223-LM

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Good looks on going yellow.

When you hit-confirm b13, cancel into trait. The second he does his pose with the lantern, do the LM input. After they do a little bounce you can connect 223-LM
Ok so basically it's more of a timing thing? Must not be hitting it at the right point and letting the pose go for a quick moment to long. Ill hit up the lab and try getting my timing down. Thanks dude!

So I picked up GL, or more preferably for me Yellow Lantern a few days ago, I already have a handful of good combos I learned from here, and some I made up, but there is one issue holding me back...

...B13,Trait,LM.

I see it done so flawlessly all the time on tournament play or online or anywhere, but for the life of me I can not do the trait to LM at all. Every time I do it, LM doesn't register and he stops at the trait. I don't know if this is just my inexperience with GL, my controller, or what. Any tips on how I can execute this a bit better? Thanks
B13,Trait,(wait),LM

zaf

professor
Ok so basically it's more of a timing thing? Must not be hitting it at the right point and letting the pose go for a quick moment to long. Ill hit up the lab and try getting my timing down. Thanks dude!
Yea it's a time thing.

You can enter b12 trait consecutively, but when you see the latern do the lift then

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
You cancel b13 into trait, just like you would any other special move. You then actually cancel the trait into LM in the same fashion.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

...B13,Trait,LM.

Easiest way to time it is to use the sound the trait makes when it activates; do it immediately following the sound and you wont drop it.

So.. B13 trait ........ *BANG* lift

That's probably the easiest way to get it down.

It is because you are yellow lantern, get some will power. But seriously its timing practice not waiting pressing b13 then lifting finger to do trait into LM in order to get the timing good, then when you get really good you can read whether or not they blocked and do a gatlin or bullet instead since most people stand block after blocking low, the bullet will make you safe on a read block

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!

...B13,Trait,LM.

Do not press extra inputs! Press B13~4,wait,DB1(lift). Do not mash!

Oh and two fun f3 combos for you.
F3 , d2 , j2, b13 , trait cancel LM , 223 ( lm or turbine into a potential reset starter)
F3, j3 , b13, trait cancel LM, 223, (LM can be meter burned for dash under reset) 34% no meter if no burn.