What's new

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Teaser Trailer is Out From SDCC2014

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I just showed my girlfriend this footage and now she's mad at me because I don't get that excited when her and I do things. :joker:

In all seriousness though
That's was fuckin Dope! I need more footage. It looks like they're going to do that story arc justice.

Last edited:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
My money is on Lex mindfucking Superman and Batman has to beat some sense into him.

Hence, Batman v Superman.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Finally got some fuck mothering footage, totally worth it. Think this would have made for a better reveal though. Imagine if this is how they announced this shit?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Just putting this out there because I don't know whos trolling or not...
This is NOT a sequel to MOS. This is a prequel to the Justice League movie. MOS will have a sequel somewhere down the line.
The "Fatman" logo is from The Dark Knight Returns story arc. Frank Miller and what not. If you haven't read it PLEASE do so. Hell there's two animated movies about it. If you guy want the links I can look them up and personally send it to you in a PM.

That is all.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Just putting this out there because I don't know whos trolling or not...
This is NOT a sequel to MOS. This is a prequel to the Justice League movie. MOS will have a sequel somewhere down the line.
The "Fatman" logo is from The Dark Knight Returns story arc. Frank Miller and what not. If you haven't read it PLEASE do so. Hell there's two animated movies about it. If you guy want the links I can look them up and personally send it to you in a PM.

That is all.

The problem is if it continues where Man of Steel left off, meaning Lex is getting the people against Superman because of the destruction of Metropolis or he himself starts being mistrustful of Supes because of those events, then it starts feeling like a MoS sequel instead of a stand-alone movie. It was also originally penciled as a Man of Steel sequel but I don't know if the script has changed since then or they just threw Batman in the title.

Yes it is and it's a source of much grief from me as people always cite that as an instance of Batman "beating" Superman. Not to mention Frank Miller CAN NOT STAND Superman and loves Batman. The fact that they're drawing inspiration from that GN is troubling to me.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
The problem is if it continues where Man of Steel left off, meaning Lex is getting the people against Superman because of the destruction of Metropolis or he himself starts being mistrustful of Supes because of those events, then it starts feeling like a MoS sequel instead of a stand-alone movie. It was also originally penciled as a Man of Steel sequel but I don't know if the script has changed since then or they just threw Batman in the title.

Yes it is and it's a source of much grief from me as people always cite that as an instance of Batman "beating" Superman. Not to mention Frank Miller CAN NOT STAND Superman and loves Batman. The fact that they're drawing inspiration from that GN is troubling to me.
Yes, but we both know that specific arc was from an older Superman who was being told what to do by the president. This Supeman is younger, not going to be bossed around. Though Batman is said to be experienced and older in this movie. They didn't introduce Kryptonite in the last movie, but I'm going to bet that it's going to be in this one. Batman will probably use it on Supes lol. All in all man I have faith that this will be a great fuckin movie man.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yes, but we both know that specific arc was from an older Superman who was being told what to do by the president. This Supeman is younger, not going to be bossed around. Though Batman is said to be experienced and older in this movie. They didn't introduce Kryptonite in the last movie, but I'm going to bet that it's going to be in this one. Batman will probably use it on Supes lol. All in all man I have faith that this will be a great fuckin movie man.

It's not a 1:1 but it's drawing inspiration from it based on the outfit, the "armored" Batman in the trailer and the fact that the writers themselves said they were taking notes from that comic. I have bad feelings when a movie that is a Justice League lead in draws inspiration from a comic written by a guy that has a well known love or "understanding" of Batman and dislike of Superman. Not to mention that my expectations are low coming off of Man of Steel.

Edit: Oh, and every poster has this washed out look to it to make it "darker" which is even more of a red flag for me.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
It's not a 1:1 but it's drawing inspiration from it based on the outfit, the "armored" Batman in the trailer and the fact that the writers themselves said they were taking notes from that comic. I have bad feelings when a movie that is a Justice League lead in draws inspiration from a comic written by a guy that has a well known love or "understanding" of Batman and dislike of Superman. Not to mention that my expectations are low coming off of Man of Steel.
So you were NOT a fan of MOS. We're on two different pages man lol. I LOVED MOS!

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I'm actually curious about something since someone brought up kryptonite, has it ever been said how people found out about his one big weakness? You would think that would be a closely guarded secret since kryptonite is rare I doubt he would just stumble onto a criminal conveniently hold kryptonite in his pocket.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
So you were NOT a fan of MOS. We're on two different pages man lol. I LOVED MOS!

Dude, I can't stand Man of Steel. It's absolutely terrible at times as a Superman fan. And I mean TERRIBLE. The Pa Kent stuff STILL makes me cringe.

I'm actually curious about something since someone brought up kryptonite, has it ever been said how people found out about his one big weakness? You would think that would be a closely guarded secret since kryptonite is rare I doubt he would just stumble onto a criminal conveniently hold kryptonite in his pocket.

When there are battles where Kryptonite is present it's not hard for a Lex Luthor to say "oh, he's affected by these rocks, let me study them". It's more by happen-stance that a lot of people learn about his aversion to green K. His weakness to magic is less known because there's less of a chance to randomly stumble into magic. Same thing with psychic attacks.