What's new

Batman: Arkham Knight - Discussion Thread - Coming June 23, 2015

C-Sword

Noob

All the other vids on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BatmanArkhamVideos/videos

The “explosive finale” to the revived Batman videogame series started by Rocksteady with 2009’s Batman: Arkham Asylum. Scarecrow, Penguin, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn are confirmed villains that will appear in the game.

Interestingly, the GAME listing also purportedly talks about “Rocksteady’s uniquely designed version of the Batmobile, which is drivable for the first time in the franchise.” It seems that the Batmobile will be usable in addition to the normal exploration found in previous iterations in the series (such as the ability to “soar across the skyline of the entirety of Gotham City”).

The game is reportedly targeting PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

source: ign

So DC Comics has only 1 super hero worthy of having his own game...

I'm surprised that they did not give Superman a shot after the release of MOS

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
found this pic on twitter:
pre-order and you can play as Harley! Shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!

Edit: from Game Informer:

Last edited:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
My body is ready. I agree, I thought for sure Superman would get his own game after MOS but I guess they aren't as confident in the Man Of Tomorrow as they are the Dark Knight. That and I personally feel like Superman's version of the Arkham games would not be as...engulfing because with the exception of DD, and Braniac and very select few, Superman kind of bulldozes through most enemies. The one thing the Arkham series plays on the most is that batman is a human, he is and always will be a "Rich crazy guy, who no one asked to prom and now dresses up in a bat suit and prowls around his parents basement. " All jokes aside because I do love Bats, the games constantly remind you of the fact that Bruce is just a man more than anything he is a detective. In Superman,s case I doubt the story will grip you nearly as much because of the simple fact of the matter that outside of being a Superman fanboy the character is kind of boring, and with the exception of Lex, so are his villains as far as over all character. Most of Batman's villains have a very interesting back story and even then they have have interesting personalities. In addition, even though in game it never happens, Batman can be defeated. If he is in a tight situation that he can't gadget his way out of, he can't just say, "Hmm this suck, but I know, Ill just punch a hole through the wall, or use my heat vision to deal with this." All in all Batman just has a more interesting story to build off of with lots, and lots of potential before it gets dry. Just look at it this way, which movie had you on the edge of your seat the most, The Dark Knight, or Man Of Steel? For me personally it was without a doubt the Dark Knight.

Fuck. Yes.

I'm so in love with this series. Like, seriously. I surprise MYSELF for not maining Batman in IGAU. Arkham Asylum was the first 360 game I ever got ALL the achievements for. I make it a goal to get my Combat Challenge scores in the top 500 with every game (most are top 100) and I even own all the superb DC Direct/Collectibles figures.

That said, while I do love the art style of this promo stuff, it does seem a little inconsistent with Asylum and City. Very Nolan-esque whereas the other games were more "Realistic Animated Series".

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Awesome and to people saying no Superman, I think Rocksteady just wanted to finish up the Arkham trilogy. In Arkham City, Dr. Strange even talks about Keystone and Metropolis. Either way I am so glad to see this. Arkham Asylum and City were both some of the best games last gen.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Arkham Origins came out in October 2013. How are they already announcing a 4th installment for this year?

Call of Arkham: Batman on Duty

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Arkham Origins came out in October 2013. How are they already announcing a 4th installment for this year?

Call of Arkham: Batman on Duty
Much easier when you have two different studios working on two different games. Origins was done by WB Montreal, Rocksteady is doing AK and its pretty obvious they've been working on it for a while. I remember Kevin Conroy let this slip a while back, because there was confusion on whether or not he was voicing Arkham Origins but he was working on a different Arkham title.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Much easier when you have two different studios working on two different games. Origins was done by WB Montreal, Rocksteady is doing AK and its pretty obvious they've been working on it for a while. I remember Kevin Conroy let this slip a while back, because there was confusion on whether or not he was voicing Arkham Origins but he was working on a different Arkham title.
So kinda like Treyarch and Infinity Ward?

Yep but Arkham Knight isn't the game we deserve but the one we need right now.
Yeah, I agree. Origins is a great game, but holy hell it seemed like it was not put through any QA testing whatsoever. Data Paks/Handlers dissapearing. Save corrupting. Unobtainable unlockables. Man, it was rough.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Rocksteady has been working on this for over 2 years.

That's why they had WB Montreal do Origins. Mainly to keep the series fresh while they poured their hearts (as they always do) into their next Batman title.

Really pumped to get the full story out of this one. If there is one thing I have learned from the trailers of these games...is the plot you think is going to happen (Scarecrow being the main villain) is usually never what you get ;)

Excited to see the return of Hush and Azrael in this one :)

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Yep but Arkham Knight isn't the game we deserve but the one we need right now. COD hasn't made a good game since MW1, Origins for all its flaws was still a good game.
LOL. All I'm saying is regardless of developer within a franchise, it's never good to see the development cycle getting quicker and quicker as more games are pumped out.

That said, hopefully this game is awesome.

This looks amazing! I think this is the first game i've seen that justifies getting a next-gen console for me.

I really hope they have Hush as one of the main villains in this game. I think having him impersonate Bruce Wayne could be interesting for one of the plotlines in this series.

It sounds like Scarecrow is going to be one of the central villain in this game just like how Joker/Hugo Strange were villains of the central plotlines in Arkham Asylum/Arkham City respectively.

I was really hoping the next Batman game in the series went more in the direction GTA:V went with being able to freely swap between characters and having branching storyline developments and large planned missions. I think it would work really well for this series or even a Justice League type game.

For the Batman Universe it would be awesome to have that GTA:V style while being able to play as: Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, Red Hood, Batgirl (wouldn't make sense for the Arkham series storyline since she is Oracle).

Last edited:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This looks amazing! I think this is the first game i've seen that justifies getting a next-gen console for me.

I really hope they have Hush as one of the main villains in this game. I think having him impersonate Bruce Wayne could be interesting for one of the plotlines in this series.

It sounds like Scarecrow is going to be one of the central villain in this game just like how Joker/Hugo Strange were villains in Arkham Asylum/Arkham City.

I was really hoping the next Batman game in the series went more in the direction GTA:V went with being able to freely swap between characters and having branching storyline developments and large planned missions. I think it would work really well for this series or even a Justice League type game.

For the Batman Universe it would be awesome to have that GTA:V style while being able to play as: Batman, Nightwing, Robin, Catwoman, Red Hood, Batgirl (wouldn't make sense for the Arkham series storyline since she is Oracle).
Omg, Imagine the mind fuck if you played the first quarter of the game as Hush and it's revealed later that Batman is locked up by Scarecrow or something.