What's new

Batman: Arkham Knight - Discussion Thread - Coming June 23, 2015

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
I haven't cared about video games or next-gen consoles for a while now but now I've gotta cough up the money for a fucking PS4 (don't really do PC gaming).

I hope they bring in some new villains into this game that haven't already been done in the previous games in this series (Arkham Asylum, Arkham City).

I always thought the Ventriloquist could be really cool in a game like this, kind of done in the style like how they used Scarecrow in Arkham Asylum and Ras Al Ghul in Arkham City.

I recently found out there in the New 52 series, there is a new Ventriloquist. I would like to see that story explored a little bit more if it were to happen in this game.

What villains do you guys want to see in this game?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
What villains do you guys want to see in this game?
Pretty much any villain I'd want in an Arkham game has already been in it; Deathstoke for example.

They're giving us so much amazing stuff in Arkham Knight that I've wanted for so long (main parts of Gotham, Batmobile drivable) I don't have any more requests, except for maybe some more playable characters.

Batmobile Skin. Hype!
I saw that. Pretty awesome pre-order bonus, but I'll have to wait until it's released to buy.
Also, it's not just a skin. "Includes Exclusive Gameplay Features"

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
The game was just announced today and won't be out for 7 months, and they are already talking about pre order DLC.

Jesus WB, I like you, but god damn.
At least it's decent DLC, I suppose.
I hate store-specific pre-order DLC, but as long as it's later released for everyone to buy I will get it.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Getting it for both systems. I knew there was a reason I didn't buy my gf a gift at christmas and bought both systems instead... This is it!

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Getting it for both systems. I knew there was a reason I didn't buy my gf a gift at christmas and bought both systems instead... This is it!
Might I ask why you'd get it for both?

I'll have a PS4 by it's release but I'm just getting it for PC (using a controller).

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I was beinf sarcastic. Lol. I will most likely get it for PS4 unless the One runs it just as good. I'm an achievement whore.
Oh, haha.
Ah, fair enough.

imagine i can drive classic batmobile. that shit should be in the game ;___;.
It could be if they're doing Batmobile skins!

I wonder if there will be character skins... I won't mind if there's not, I like AK Batman design.
Perhaps there won't be, normally the DLC characters come with a couple of skins but Harley doesn't.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
Oh, haha.
Ah, fair enough.

It could be if they're doing Batmobile skins!

I wonder if there will be character skins... I won't mind if there's not, I like AK Batman design.
Perhaps there won't be, normally the DLC characters come with a couple of skins but Harley doesn't.
I think we will have character skins. It's the final rocksteady arkham game so it must be the best batman game with everything. and imo it's not hard to make 10-15 skins.
and I bet there'll be Robin/NW Story DLC.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I think we will have character skins. It's the final rocksteady arkham game so it must be the best batman game with everything. and imo it's not hard to make 10-15 skins.
Probably. I'll be happier if there is of course, but I won't mind too much either way.

I would LOVE Robin/Nightwing DLC. ;-; I hope they're included.

I'd bet Robin, Nightwing, and *Probably* Catwoman would be playable in the first place. It takes place all over the city, where would everyone be. Plus, maybe we'll get a Batgirl in this universe because there is none...?

I'd bet Robin, Nightwing, and *Probably* Catwoman would be playable in the first place. It takes place all over the city, where would everyone be. Plus, maybe we'll get a Batgirl in this universe because there is none...?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
As far as I know, the city isn't the complete Gotham city. It's the central part; though. 3 islands.

I hope we get those characters, though.
Oracle is Batgirl, so maybe we won't.

I hope we get Wayne Tower, Wayne Manor and the Batcave (again - updated).

---
Somebody please reassure me that they'll release all pre-order bonuses for everyone to buy eventually. I can't live without all DLC - including the Walmart exclusive Batmobile. Hopefully there's some better Batmobile skins - Batman: The Animated Series Batmobile would be amazing. Tumbler from the Dark Knight trilogy would be awesome but is less likely. 1989 Batmobile would be cool, too.

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
As much as I want to play this game I don't currently have a PS4 and so far this is the only game I want and I don't buy a system unless there is either two or three games that I want play on it so there you go.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Yo the Arkham Knight looks awesome as fuck

i wanna say its Jason (and i hope it is) but it seems a bit too obvious

either way im sold on this game WB take my money you scumbags!!!!

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Fred, we have a PM just for the Arkham series! You don't seem to want to be a part of the Pals convo, but would you like an invite to it? It's Arkham-interested people only.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I don't know about the Arkham Knight. The game seems cool and all and I'm happy it's the same team that did City & Asylum, but the Arkham Knight literally looks and seems like Wrath: