What's new

Strategy Baraka Kommunity Guide/General Discussion

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
well in the corner,sometimes ya dont need to dash up because of the reduced pushback
but yea midscreen,d4(hit),dash up,f4 or f4,4...the 3,b3 string also can be used to catch them with a low/knockdown
cool and do you need to dash after a blockstrin 22, 1+2? or can you immediately do b3,1?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
cool and do you need to dash after a blockstrin 22, 1+2? or can you immediately do b3,1?
if 22 1+2 is blocked baraka is at +8 frame adv so the best option is to use f4 trap or d3~slices
f4 is 12 frames,b3 is 17 frames so your opp can escape the b3 much easier

1man3letters

Dont know if posted but on block

JP,221+2,F44,d3slices = Full bar of meter, my favourite block string :)
yea i like using that string aswell, i mix around the d3 and f4,4 at times also

nice with being detailed with the meter gain man,u know what chip damage it does offhand? (will check when get chance)

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Dont know if posted but on block

JP,221+2,F44,d3slices = Full bar of meter, my favourite block string :)

Everytime I attempt f44 I get knocked out of it some how, so I don't use it, but I need to. I usually follow up 222+1 with slices or d+1. If I play against someone that is cross up happy and he blocks 222+1 I'll follow up with spin.

1man3letters

12-15chip for me :D hard to calculate :)
yea its hard sometimes but it has to be at least 15%,
just tried there firing a ex spark,took note of were bar went to on opp's name.
reset the health, did the blockstrings and more damage was takin away than ex spark did and ex spark is 14%

1man3letters

Wow, I also use 221+2, F44, slices on block..didn't realise it builds one bar of meter!
ye but put the d3 in after the f4,4 before the slices to get the full bar

also if ya want to add an extra 2-3% chip to that,stick a spin in after slices instead of repeating the d1/d3~slices pressure

galindo

Noob
ye but put the d3 in after the f4,4 before the slices to get the full bar

also if ya want to add an extra 2-3% chip to that,stick a spin in after slices instead of repeating the d1/d3~slices pressure
Its cool, but sucks
You can be poked out before slices by atleast Jax and lui kang. I think maybe any 7frame d1 as well.

1man3letters

thanks for the vid man, by the way does that spark vs ground pound work on ex ground pound yes?

1man3letters

After f44, if I try d3 slices, I will get poked out before I can do a d3
i THINK f4,4 is -2 on block if remembering right so yes but could be out poked,also the option of knowing there poke is coming,block,counter poke~slices
but i think is better trying to end long blockstring pressure with d1/d3~slices rather than f4,4 as slices is 0 on block

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The problem with d3 xx slices is low hitboxes and slices is just 0 on block. Also, if d1/d3 are blocked, there goes your pressure if you cancelled to slices.

The more I play Baraka, the more I'm realizing his pressure's solid, but his ground game is even more solid. I'm not even winning matches with him by playing the rush, but rather by playing the footsies.

Also, get into the habit of using Baraka's sweep. It's not the fastest, but holy shit will you love it.

galindo

Noob
The problem with d3 xx slices is low hitboxes and slices is just 0 on block. Also, if d1/d3 are blocked, there goes your pressure if you cancelled to slices.

The more I play Baraka, the more I'm realizing his pressure's solid, but his ground game is even more solid. I'm not even winning matches with him by playing the rush, but rather by playing the footsies.

Also, get into the habit of using Baraka's sweep. It's not the fastest, but holy shit will you love it.
Playing against egp tyrant made me pick up some usefully ways of getting pokes in.

even if I land a d3, his d3 can still cause havok(jax) and I cannot jump in or crossover whenever I want.

D3 d3 dash back d4, so simple but it works so well. Will beat out jump ins and you're still in range to poke him out of his normals.

1man3letters

nice point on the slices pressure.but what do we change it out for?
ive been using the d4(hit) to f4/f4,4/throw alot more latey when im inside the "unsafe" charge zone
using 2,1 string a bit more at times for closing gaps,such crazy range on it

when u say pressure/ground game whatare u speaking of? just spacing charge and spins? i sadly still havt seen footage of your raka so id like to know what u use
ive also been trying to play a less rush of a raka but certain charcs with good zoning i find it bit of a pain doin it against(like liu kang)

also whats having u thinking to use barakas sweep more?? in what situation,like i know its safe on block an the pushback pretty decent aswell

THTB

Sweep isn't just safe, it's advantage on block. Sweeps are solid for stuffing opponents trying to dash in on you. And by ground game, I'm referring to footsies. Baraka has everything you need to play footsies outside of an above average projectile.

If you wanna pressure, just get a blocked 221+2/u3/sweep.

1man3letters

Sweep isn't just safe, it's advantage on block. Sweeps are solid for stuffing opponents trying to dash in on you. And by ground game, I'm referring to footsies. Baraka has everything you need to play footsies outside of an above average projectile.

If you wanna pressure, just get a blocked 221+2/u3/sweep.
advantage?!? would u happen to know of much? also what so far have u found can be got out of it?

THTB

The pushback is too far to get stuff guaranteed, but the opponent for sure can't just poke you after. The sweep is designed for footsies 100%.

1man3letters

The pushback is too far to get stuff guaranteed, but the opponent for sure can't just poke you after. The sweep is designed for footsies 100%.
i see,thanks
what else would u consider raka's tools for footsies (besides sweep,4,d4,charge) as i said though im really liking 2,1 lately for when i do want to start slices pressure from afar

THTB

21 would be good if Baraka moved forward on 2. 2 is too slow outside of up close. Spin is good in footsies since it's your AA of choice and has a solid hitbox. f2 xx spin works solidly for ranged poking (standblocked spin pushes back out and leaves you at neutral). These all work well in footsies.

Baraka is a footsies monster and can force his way into a solid range because of EX charge. It's basically a safer EX superman that doesn't put you into the corner and is much easier to react with.