What's new

B21f2 ,njp to kiss

k i have been trying to get this all day but how the hell do you connect the kiss after njp? of do you just throw it out and contiune with the combo

Death

Noob
Yeah its annoying. Just practice it. Sonya combos are def one of the most complicated to consistely get down out of every1 in the cast. My best advice is to practice. You want to do a slight dash before you do the kiss. A full dash wont work.

The combo your referring to is B21F2, NJP slight dash Kiss, dash dive kick~21~cartwheel, B+21F+2, 112~MS- 45%

Theres 4 tough parts in this combo. The first is NJP to kiss. The second is Cartwheel after 21 can be annoying. You have to pause slightly before inputing the cartwheel command. The 3rd is hitting B21f2 after cartwheel. You have to do a slight dash for B21f2 to hit. If you dont the combo will drop. And lastly the 112. Similar with B21f2 and NJP to kiss you have to slight dash for the 112 to hit. This combo in general is annoying. Theres 4 tough parts to it and can be inconsistent. My best advice is to practice. If you can consistently get the NJP slight dash kiss part then you an get the other 3 parts too cuz its all similar.

thanks death ya right now its njp to kiss i mean i know one issue i have is i do full dash and im trying to stop it but the kiss should hit him in mid air right?
\

I tend to cancel the dash to kiss about a quarter to half way through. The hardest time I have with the combo is dashing the correct amount of space for the dive kick into 21.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Death is 100% on getting each part consistently. I can pretty much tell by how far I've dashed after the NJP whether or not I'll be able to complete the entire combo. If I know that I won't be able to connect the b212 after the cartwheel I'll replace the last portion of the combo with 1, dash, 112. You lose a couple percent but still keep your reset opportunity which is preferable over dropping and giving the opponent a chance to wake up.

So if you're like me and find yourself in a situation mid-combo where you know you won't be able to finish it, the combo I would use looks like this:

B212, NJP, half dash xx kiss, Divekick 21 cartwheel, 1 dash 112.

Somebody feel free to offer a better alternate, that's just my fallback juggle of choice.

Was just messing around with this for the first time, but what does it for me is inputting the dash 'as' you land and the kiss when shes fully planted on the ground if that makes sense.

Also I noticed dash 2kiss seems to hit every time and does 3% more damage than dash kiss. Is there a reason to why this is avoided? Literally just picked her up so have read pretty much nothing but this thread. Sorry if it's explained somewhere else

Edit: it might not be more damage through the full combo but is 2-4% more up to the cartwheel depending on where you stop or drop the combo. I, for the life of me, cannot get b21f2 after that cartwheel lol

Definitely seems to lose the extra %. ending the combo with an uppercut after the cartwheel leaves it at only +1%, but it does seem easier to land than a naked kiss

f2kiss seems even easier to land

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
the b21f2 after the cartwheel is not important. it increases the dmg to 48%.

just do dash 1 dash 112 after the cartwheel and you get 44%.

4 fewer % but a much higher probability that you finish the combo. landing the reset is the important part, anyway, and its easier to land the reset when doing dash 1 dash 112 instead of b21f2 112. fuck that.

FatalTragedy beat me to it

Death

Noob
the b21f2 after the cartwheel is not important. it increases the dmg to 48%.

just do dash 1 dash 112 after the cartwheel and you get 44%.

4 fewer % but a much higher probability that you finish the combo. landing the reset is the important part, anyway, and its easier to land the reset when doing dash 1 dash 112 instead of b21f2 112. fuck that.

FatalTragedy beat me to it
Damn bro gotta learn how to do that extra 4% damage. 4% is a lot of damage to just pass up when you have it free there and only execution holds you back. It will also overall help your execution with Sonya and its a similar feeling linking 112 to Sonyas other combos when Sonya does MS B+2 after cartwheel instead of B+21F+2.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I always go for the big damage, but like I said, I can tell pretty much off the bat whether I dashed too far or too short. The combo seems to rely on everything being set up perfectly. If I know I'll drop it I'll modify it. That small percentage loss is alright with me as long I get that free followup chip.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
Every time I land this online I feel like a fucking boss! Very satisfying combo to pull off. But yeah, it's just getting the knack of the mini dash into kiss, plenty of great advice for doing it already in this thread!

I personally agree with sacrificing some damage for significantly less chance of dropping the combo. But tbh, I never even knew that you could do another b21f2, seems pretty risky to me, but each to their own. I've always ended this with 1 112 MS.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Damn bro gotta learn how to do that extra 4% damage. 4% is a lot of damage to just pass up when you have it free there and only execution holds you back. It will also overall help your execution with Sonya and its a similar feeling linking 112 to Sonyas other combos when Sonya does MS B+2 after cartwheel instead of B+21F+2.
If u land it every time then by all means keep on keeping on. Imo the extra 4% isn't going to win me enough matches that dropping the b21f2 will cost me. Cost benefit analysis, unless you hit it every time.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I have my days where I hit it every time. I don't think anybody can say that haven't dropped this combo at least once, especially in the heat of a match. And it's probably the least used combo in my arsenal. This combo is very situational. I'll fish a B21 off a jump in and I'll full punish with it, but good opponents don't give me a lot of opportunities to bust it out. b2 is a horrible walk-in pressure string unless you can throw them off with spacing.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I have my days where I hit it every time. I don't think anybody can say that haven't dropped this combo at least once, especially in the heat of a match. And it's probably the least used combo in my arsenal. This combo is very situational. I'll fish a B21 off a jump in and I'll full punish with it, but good opponents don't give me a lot of opportunities to bust it out. b2 is a horrible walk-in pressure string unless you can throw them off with spacing.
Why is it a situational combo? You should be using B21 everytime you land a JIP

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
Why is it a situational combo? You should be using B21 everytime you land a JIP
Because I don't like jumping a whole lot. Unless it's a direct punish (which depending on what I'm punishing, I'm more likely going to use a combo off a divekick), nobody eats the f+2.

The combo your referring to is B21F2, NJP slight dash Kiss, dash dive kick~21~cartwheel, B+21F+2, 112~MS- 45%.
The combo I like to do from the B21F2 starter is:

- JIP (optional), B21F2, NJP, *step forward slightly* kiss, dash, dive-kick, 21 xx Cartwheel, B21 xx MS, F1 xx Leg Grab (48%-51% with JIP).

Death

Noob
The combo I like to do from the B21F2 starter is:

- JIP (optional), B21F2, NJP, *step forward slightly* kiss, dash, dive-kick, 21 xx Cartwheel, B21 xx MS, F1 xx Leg Grab (48%-51% with JIP).
Why not end the combo in 112~MS? If they block MS F1 cartwheel the combo becomes 54% or 51% if they just block MS F+1 or 55% if they take the MS F1 knockdown.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
I like the way the grab looks at the end of a combo but I don't think I've ever used it for anything other than putting my opponent in the corner.

But I'm not a pro. I hate to sound pompous.