What's new

General/Other Avoiding Jax's Ground Pounds

Nai_Lienoj

PSN: Lienoj_Nai
I was playing with srryimwhite over the weekend and he showed me something cool. Johnny Cage can avoid Jax's ground pounds using his D4 if timed correctly. I noticed Rain has a simlilar D4 to Cage and after some testing in practice mode, Rain can avoid Jax's ground pounds too if times properly! In addition, Rain can also dodge the pounds with a standing 4! I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, just thought I'd share the wealth :)

yeah any character with an attack that takes them off the ground can avoid every low property attack. like Quans u3 and ermacs u4 for to name a few
its also the first tech and thing iv ever posted on TYM. im all nostalgic now :)

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
This does work. I was just testing this yesterday with Tyrant. b2 also avoids ground pound. But the best option is d4 because if Jax cancels it it to a special his projectile will go over your head and dash punch will whiff.

Medina4life

Media Master
d4 is the best option like Brownie says.. As soon as you see jax's arm go past his shoulder is when you do the d4.. but if he cancels in to dash punch you should be in a position where you can full punish with 43 whatever

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
It wouldn't surprise me if all d4s can avoid ground pound.

If I'm right, it's because ground pound doesn't truly aim for the ground, but rather, like Smoke's cloud, it tracks the back leg.

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I was playing with srryimwhite over the weekend and he showed me something cool. Johnny Cage can avoid Jax's ground pounds using his D4 if timed correctly. I noticed Rain has a simlilar D4 to Cage and after some testing in practice mode, Rain can avoid Jax's ground pounds too if times properly! In addition, Rain can also dodge the pounds with a standing 4! I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, just thought I'd share the wealth :)
Wait...what!?