What's new

Australian Only Unofficial Online Tournament

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Hi, I am new here and pretty new to MK9 as I'm an Australian and was scared to import it for so long. Anyway, I only found this site recently and have been hanging on TRMK and we have been talking about trying to organize an event for Australian Online players.

The idea is that we are a smallish community of players, as we have to get around the ban here, we are split between consoles AND there are, at least on the ps3 I know little of the 360, connection issues between the US, UK and HK versions of the game, these seam to be the 3 version people tend to have.

The idea of this comp is to try and build some community with these players. Instead of sitting for hours in the Aussie chat room and playing the one guy a 1000 times, try and make new friends and see where we can go from there.

The 1st thing we need to do is try and work out what consoles people are on and what version of the game they have and work up.

Here is my original post....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

There has been some talk in the Australian Banning thread about trying to organize an online tournament for Aussie TRMK Players as a way for the small Australian community to meet up and get on each others friends lists and the like. I have some experience running online comps though GameReplays.org with rts games... so I thought I would give it a go. If we can get a decent turn out maybe we can orginse some live events, and that would be awesome.... still if we can not get people on a online event then there is little luck of a live event getting organized.

For starters lets run down how I plan to organize this thing...

1) I will be using BINARYBEAST. This is a very cool website I have been using for events for a while now, and it is mainly designed for the RTS scene but it works with everyone. It will handle the brackets, the advancement and auto create the losser brackets. There is even functions for players to enter their wins and losses themselves, though unless the event is huge I prefer to have a admin run the event.

Here is an example of the website system. - http://binarybeast.com/xDoW21107100/full

2) Get a list of players that are interested and there consoles AND the region of there game version. This is the big problem... if there isn't enough people interersted then we can not do this, and as far as i know, the game only really performs well with same region games on the ps3... I have no knowledge of the 360.

3) A basic rule list. The rules will be simple. Each game is best of 3, finals best of 5 and grand final best of 7. All characters including dlc are permitted. Also, MK3 costumes MUST be used by PLAYER 2 if possible, as many of the outfits are near impossible for spectators to see who is who... I'll go though the roster latter and find teh exact matchups that are impossible to tell the difference between the toons.. like reptile for example.

4) A Goal Event. The way we do events at GR is that we award points based on placement, these points are for the end of year invitation event, all winners of each smaller event get a invite. The idea is that at the end there is a "goal event" witch should consolidate the best players of the year... again, this is all subject to how many people are interested. And I agree it is to early to plan the invitational, but we may as well start collecting points from the start.

5) Broadcasting. As many of you know.. streaming in Australia is extremely hard. I can stream fine but at a lower resolution, nothing like the 720p that we expect but it will still look pretty good. That way we can all sit in chat watch the games and make a day out of it, at the same time I'll be high res recording it and post it on YouTube. Of course I can only do this for ps3 games.. and possibly only hong kong versions few the game. Any games that i can not cast will need to be reported to a event admin though a PM, a PM from each player. If there is a conflict then the judges will step in and make a ruling. If anyone with a 360 that can do this let me know.

The idea of this event is to unify the Australian online community. By making the event a live irc play in turn event rather than play when you can and fill the form, it will force many players to all hang out at the same time and with luck get them to be friends and see what is what... While this is a TMK event, I would like to post the event on TYM and Shyro and any other MK sites people think might have an Australian base.

1st things first...

Who is interested? Do we have enough, should we run events 360 and Ps3... if so eventually we might be able to organize a 360 vs ps3 players somehow...

Please state your FORUM NAME, LOCATION, the REGION VERSION of your game and your PLATFORM. If this is something you would like to try out. Remember the idea is to get numbers and build the Australian scene a little... so even if you suck, still enter, and join in the fun.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets see the Ps3 Kombatants (in no order) - 10 Total

Jynks - HK (Sydney)
Nudge - US (Sydney)
-M- - UK - (Queensland)
Gilbangz - US (Sydney)
Tomo009 - US (Melbourn)
Beyond_Death - US - (Sydney)
PHNmnl - UK - (Sydney)
NoMad - HK - (Sydney)
Jinko - US - (Sydney)
oRIFFoRAFFo - US - (Parramatta)

Ok lets see the 360 Kombatants (in no order) - 13 Total

CabJoy - UK - Woolongong
Ultras - US - Brisbane
AllHail Lelouch - US - Melbourne
chrisisnice - Asian (HK?JAP?) - Melbourne
PapZY - US - Melbourne
TheOtherGuy - UK - (NSW - Can we get a city?)
Mathman - US - Sydney
OG Frost Haze - UK - Adelaide
chemicalNova - Unknown (US?) - Melbourn
Konnon - TAS - Launceston
CHIEFMEGADETH - Unknown (Asian?) - Sydney
Razor - Unknown (Asian?) - Perth
poptdp - US(?) - Sydney

----------------------------------------------------------

--== Rules ==--

Each Match = Best of 3 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.
Each Finals Match = Best of 5 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.
Each Grand Final = Best of 7 Games, @ Best of 3 rounds.

1) Winner can not change fighter, only looser can change fighters.
2) The following Stages are BANNED: Subway, Street, Kratos' Stage
3) Player 1 must always use costume 1, Player 2 must use MK3 costume if there is a problem in telling toons apart (I'll ge tthat list to you soon)

Nudge

Noob
I really like the initiative dude, thanks for this. I'm pretty bad but I'm down anyway lol.

You should repost on MK United as well. I found about 5 people over there from Aus when I first asked about Aussie players, though I haven't bumped it in a month.

I'll ask a few of my mates as well, we play a lot offline but they aren't active in the community.

Nudge on all the forums, US PS3 Version, Sydney.

-M-

Noob
I'd be interested, not that good other than figuring out offline combos since I haven't really vs'd many people ... but would be interesting I think if I've the time. -M-, QLD, UK version, PS3. I'll also ask with the few people I know who have it.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm VERY interested in this! Sadly though, I'm a X360 player. I really hope we can sort something out because I've been wanting do something like this since the game came out :D

Anyway,

GT: Cabjoy
Sydney/Wollongong
UK Version
Xbox 360

There's probably around 15 or so people I see online regularly and probably around 30 or more in total on the xbox. I know of a few really good players on here and I'll try and spread the word about this and link the thread so we can get some more replies. Again, I REALLY hope we can sort something out for 360 players, because I'm not able to play on PS3 :(

Ulturas

Noob
I haven't had much practice online due to the online having issues with the different versions on xbox live. But I would be down as long as people have the compatibility packs, I'd really like to see how Rain would go :). I got a feeling there's going to be monstrous lag but what can you do eh unfortunately NRS aren't going to change it because it's banned here lol.

TYM User: Ulturas
Brisbane QLD
US Version
Xbox 360

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
--== Update ==--

PS3 - 7 PLayers 4xUS, 2xHK, 1xUK
360 - 2 Player 1xUK, 1xUS

Looks like Ps3 is the most popular so far. I am still unsure if HK and UK and US can playtogether... Dose anyone know...

I have done the stream tests and youtube recording tests, and that is all working... but of course unless we can all connect, not sure if this can happen.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
I wanna play, but whats the general time frame for the tourney?
Because i'm heaps short on time(still a high schooler with too much tution)
So i'm just wondering what time would the tourney be, and what day?

Far i tried posting a tourney thing too asking who was interested, no one replied ):
anyways, mad job getting people to talk about this

PSN: T2:confused:blivion that is (t-two-o not t-two-zero)
PS3: US Edition
Sydney

TYM Name: Gilbagz

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
--== Update ==--

PS3 - 7 PLayers 4xUS, 2xHK, 1xUK
360 - 2 Player 1xUK, 1xUS

Looks like Ps3 is the most popular so far. I am still unsure if HK and UK and US can playtogether... Dose anyone know...

I have done the stream tests and youtube recording tests, and that is all working... but of course unless we can all connect, not sure if this can happen.
I can't say I know 100%, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of few who have a UK version on the 360 and as my experience goes most of my matches are perfectly fine, nothing really out of the ordinary happens when I'm playing for the most part.

I've msg'd a lot of X360 players and I'm gonna continue too so hopefully the numbers will rise soon :D

The time of the tournament would be pretty important, I'm a uni student and am not free all the time, but I don't have an overly hectic schedule either.

PS3 US region, Tomo009US is the name of the account I use for MK.

Live about 30-45 minutes North West of Melbourne

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Im in. Time would be important though.

Xbox360
GT: BPDark Knight21
Vic/Melbourne
US Version (NTSC)
Arrrrgh! Watch out for his Cyber Sub!!! Ouuuch... I have had many arse kickings from him lol.

I am way too much of a noob so I wont bother joining in... but I will definately watch from the sidelines!
Xbox
GT gigisnice
Melbourne Victoria
Asian version

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Arrrrgh! Watch out for his Cyber Sub!!! Ouuuch... I have had many arse kickings from him lol.

I am way too much of a noob so I wont bother joining in... but I will definately watch from the sidelines!
Xbox
GT gigisnice
Melbourne Victoria
Asian version
Man you should enter anyway! Would be fun and a learning experience too. We're all in this to try and improve each other's game so talk to people and fight some more and we'll see what we can do :D

Ulturas

Noob
Man you should enter anyway! Would be fun and a learning experience too. We're all in this to try and improve each other's game so talk to people and fight some more and we'll see what we can do :D
Exactly! I suck online but pretty good offline xD. So it'll definitely be a enriching learning experience even if I do lose!

Gilbagz

Joker here~
yeah people everyone join no matter how crap you are
its all for fun i rekon, unless there is some prize pool aside from that final thing he was talking about
we need the aus mk community to grow
i've been trying to get an oz mk tourney to start for a while now, but to no avail
finally something happens
so happy :)

also anyone from around the bankstown/sefton region of nsw sydney?
lets get some offline casuals going or something?!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I'm from Wollongong but I can't say I really know of any locals around me who play. I'd love for casuals sometime eventually. I'd be rubbish on PS3 though since I'm using an Arcade Stick to play which isn't compatible with PS3 :p And just letting you know Ulturas I went ahead and added you on Xbox Live. Keen for some games whenever you're around man! :D

I already signed up on the TRMK site but here are my details anyway:

PS3
PSN: M_Kanine
Sydney
US Version

also anyone from around the bankstown/sefton region of nsw sydney?
lets get some offline casuals going or something?!
I'm from Carlingford/near Parramatta. Close enough I think :p

Though I've been having heaps of trouble getting online lately, with the please check your connection always popping up preventing me from getting in the lobby and the connecting to opponent screen seemingly going in an endless loop. Lets hope things run smoothly for me when this is on.

Papzy

Noob
Hey guys, I havn't got round to playing him yet but I got Cabjoy's message and would love to participate :D

GT: Papz Papz Papz
Melbourne, Vic
US Version
Xbox 360

Ulturas

Noob
Hmm, I don't believe US and UK versions can play together, but I could be wrong.
I played with Cabjoy ok and he has a UK version I have a US version, there was some slight delay but after playing a few matches you get used to it xD.

Xbox360
GT: FourthMoon
NSW
UK Version (PAL)

I'm up for this, sounds like it could be fun, timing will be the biggest problem i'd guess.

Doesn't seem to be any issues with X360 players with different versions. I've played BPDarkKnight (US) and Cabjoy (UK) with no problems, except for getting my arse kicked :-P