What's new

[Aug 19, 2011] Local Battles, Chocolate Lemon and KombatNetwork presents SB4! (Fort Lee, NJ)

Cant wait for Friday to blow off some steam, got the day off from work so Ill be there around 3 to help setup. I was very sick the past week (why I missed last friday) & haven't gotten any offline action in 2 weeks now. I haven't even been able to practice at home in over 6 weeks without a stick, so I'm gonna be cold as shit lol.. (this a testament to how good u can get by playing just 1 night a week for several hours offline)

localbattles

Gaming Center
Friday is very close Kombatants. In order to generate some last minute hype can we get guaranteed confirmations of those of you showing up?

spyk

Noob
you know i'm there. Just got the email, wanted to let you guys know. Gonna bring my ps3 too btw. Figure it'll help since I got all the DLC. Oh, and yeah and good move banning freddy. I don't really care that the damage scaling is off, but the fact that projectiles go through him makes him a problem.

localbattles

Gaming Center
you know i'm there. Just got the email, wanted to let you guys know. Gonna bring my ps3 too btw. Figure it'll help since I got all the DLC. Oh, and yeah and good move banning freddy. I don't really care that the damage scaling is off, but the fact that projectiles go through him makes him a problem.
Hey Nick, sounds great. Can u check if DarthArma is confirmed?

ill be there, this will be my first offline
cant wait

one last controller question cause id rather not have to borrow.....
does it count as wired if one has a ps3 controller and charging cable?

localbattles

Gaming Center
ill be there, this will be my first offline
cant wait

one last controller question cause id rather not have to borrow.....
does it count as wired if one has a ps3 controller and charging cable?
Awesome man. I'm not sure how strict Shock will be with that but more important is that u understand why wired PS2 controllers with converters are important. If a controller is still connected during a match and pauses or interrupts the game in progress it interferes with the integrity of the match and ultimately the tournament. In some cases, it's not even the two players competing at the moment but a previous connected controller.

Cheers and see u Friday!

Awesome man. I'm not sure how strict Shock will be with that but more important is that u understand why wired PS2 controllers with converters are important. If a controller is still connected during a match and pauses or interrupts the game in progress it interferes with the integrity of the match and ultimately the tournament. In some cases, it's not even the two players competing at the moment but a previous connected controller.

Cheers and see u Friday!
makes sense and id hate to be "that guy" my first time out.
mootching it is...

spyk

Noob
Hey Nick, sounds great. Can u check if DarthArma is confirmed?
Sounds like he won't be able to make it.

Oh, I have a ps2-ps3 converter that people can borrow. Don't know how good it's gonna be, but your welcome to use if I don't need it.

localbattles

Gaming Center
Alright LI heads. I just got word that REO wants to come to the event but as Phil is on his Honeymoon he does not have a ride. Anyone from LI (20 mins north of the Valley Stream) able to provide a ride? I recommend leaving LI around @ 2 to beat some of the traffic... lots of casual practice... maybe i'll order a pie for the early birds.

redeyes

Button Masher
Anyone driving up from south jersey want to give me a ride from mount laurel? i want to get some offline practice in before summer jam!

PeeJaeys

Sabi
OK, well, I don't have a wired ps3 controller. I do have the sync cable and a controller, and I feel most comfortable with the ps3 controller. So if you can before the tournament starts let me know if theres going to be a problem? Might not go if I can't use my controller, as I feel I perform best with it. Thank you in advance. I'll also make sure to get a wired ps2 controller and converter after this tournament.

Crathen

Death is my business
OK, well, I don't have a wired ps3 controller. I do have the sync cable and a controller, and I feel most comfortable with the ps3 controller. So if you can before the tournament starts let me know if theres going to be a problem? Might not go if I can't use my controller, as I feel I perform best with it. Thank you in advance. I'll also make sure to get a wired ps2 controller and converter after this tournament.
You can remove the battery from the Ps3 controller and just buy a long usb cable ( wireless connection can even cause slight input lag ) in case you don't wanna waste your money and the ps2 controller doesn't exactly feels the same as the ps3 one , btw i think every tournament should use the iiyama prolite 2210HDS monitor since if properly setted has 0 and i really mean 0 input lag.