What's new

Atempting to push Reptile to a main, need help

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
So I have most of the basics down, but I realy need a corner combo (cant for the love of God make one) and any tips on mastering the 321, elbow dash, njp, 32, fast ball, slow ball, 321, slide combo. (mainly the njp part if there are any jedi secrets to doing it).

So, corner combo. Yes please.

And any tips on how you play Reptile and what you've learned what to do/not to do.

Thank you.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
ill let some of the better players give you the real reptile tips, but as for the njp combo, its best to hold up while your doing the elbow dash and either press 1 or 2 just before reptile jumps or go back and forth over 1 and 2 as fast as you can. dont lift your thumb off the controller, just roll over 1 and 2 as fast as you can. hope that helps

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Jedi tips for the NJP(hard to do online with any lag)

Hold up immediately after the FB hits, then run your thumb quickly over 1 and 2 to land the NJP. The method is known as plinking, you have a substantially higher success rate if you plink both as opposed to just hitting 1 or 2. I have about a 80% success rate offline, online it feels about 45-50%? Not a fan of this online.

I've yet to do this with a stick, the plinking method works well for the PS3 pad using your thumb. It's very easy to pull off once you have it down, you'll get it. Really isn't that difficult.

The njp is difficult at first, but I found that doing it in an open stance (it's easier with a switched stance) over and over again builds up that rhythm. Every night, before bed, I do four consecutive (switching sides and if I mess up, I start again) 321 starters in to a njp with a combo, then I do four more with a jump-in punch to start it off because it affects the rhythm slightly, then I end with two jump-in punch starters that end with an X-ray.

By the way, I tested out your midscreen combo and it's getting 37% damage without a jump-in punch, but it's difficult compared to this one.

321, whiff dash, njp, fast force ball, 32, slow force ball, 321, slide.

Same amount of damage, but just miles easier to execute beyond the njp.

Also, here's an easy X-ray combo. It's the same as the one above until the end.

321, whiff dash, njp, fast force ball, 32, slow force ball, 3, x-ray. 45% With a jump-in punch it's 48%

You can do a 32, or 321 before the x-ray (321 is harder), but the scaling of damage actually makes it less damaging than ending with just the 3. It's easier and much more painful! :D

Oh and umm.... just check out some Chris G matches for some good corner combos. He has plenty.

Hope this helps!

End your combos with 321~slow force ball to set up more pressure and oki. Don't abuserhe dash, I'd suggest only using it to close the distance or as a punisher. It's going to be even less safe after the patch so only random dash if you have a breaker, which is easy to get considering reptile builds meter pretty well. 321 acid hand is a good poke string. 12b1 gives advantage on hit and is a low, 1221 is an overhead which only leads to a slide. These are good to mixup with when approaching your opponent with a nice slow force ball backing you up.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
The best thing to use in corner combos is 3,2,1-acid hand. It hits overhead and will miss in open space but will hit for big damage in the corner.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I was going to reply earlier but lost it. I would suggest learning proper spacing with Reptile. After an elbow dash, either take a step back, dash, or 3 dashes and you'll be right in front of the opponent. Know your distances that way you can instantly dash in and punish someone with a full combo. Use Reptiles pokes. Me personally I dash every chance I get. If someone is attaking me and I see a opening, I'll dash. Now you can start your own offense, either dash in, throw a sfb and dash in, dash in and throw, dash in d4, acidball. Plenty of things to do.

My corner combo is

321, acidhand, 321, sfb, 321, slide.
I think you can add a ffb in there but I think it lowers Reptiles hitbox enough to where the opponent just goes behind you so I don't do it.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
End your combos with 321~slow force ball to set up more pressure and oki. Don't abuserhe dash, I'd suggest only using it to close the distance or as a punisher. It's going to be even less safe after the patch so only random dash if you have a breaker, which is easy to get considering reptile builds meter pretty well. 321 acid hand is a good poke string. 12b1 gives advantage on hit and is a low, 1221 is an overhead which only leads to a slide. These are good to mixup with when approaching your opponent with a nice slow force ball backing you up.
If you have advantage on hit with 12b1, what are your options afterwards? I never use that string really at all.