What's new

Asus monitor shoping help

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Get the Asus VH236H, 2ms 23" with built in speakers - certainly a nice feature if you're going to be lugging it around for locals! I'm intending on replacing my 19" 2ms with this once I have the spare dough lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=5142317&SID=skim10742X691247Xf778fbdebe38e6c0a1fa0d6cc1ac5fa0
i already have an vh236 lcd, i want an led as lcd are junk for graphics whores like me xD
but thanks for trying ;)

Tim Static

Adminerator
i already have an vh236 lcd, i want an led as lcd are junk for graphics whores like me xD
but thanks for trying ;)
yea but better "graphics" will result in lag/button delay which will throw your game off when you play on the ASUS or CRTs.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
yea but better "graphics" will result in lag/button delay which will throw your game off when you play on the ASUS or CRTs.
so even tho that monitor is the same speed as the vh236 which i have already, will be slower cus it looks prettier?
that dont make sense to me lol
but i will take the advice from the elder gods and just not get it :)
thanks.

Tim Static

Adminerator
so even tho that monitor is the same speed as the vh236 which i have already, will be slower cus it looks prettier?
thanks.
its up to you, but not every monitor is good for fighters. And i would really doubt that monitor looks much better than the Evo ASUS anyways. But it all depends on what you want out of it.

fyi if you ever want to get rid of that asus, hit me up lol :D

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
its up to you, but not every monitor is good for fighters. And i would really doubt that monitor looks much better than the Evo ASUS anyways. But it all depends on what you want out of it.

fyi if you ever want to get rid of that asus, hit me up lol :D
LOL will not do xD
ill keep it for now, but trust me when i say this, LED is way better than LCD picture quality wise, just doesnt compare bro...its actually amazing :p

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Dude I have this monitor and there is not Lag at all, and the graphics are very prettys,

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX31326(ME).aspx#NA
Once you go led, you never really return :confused:
plus mk9 in 3d looks bad ass xD

oh i know that. i have a 46' LED :)
nice, does it lag?
cus the one 65 inch i have led is 2ms respond time, even webster was amazed by that fact xD
but it has no game mode i think lol
but i dont notice lag at all on it.

reason for me wanting this is to not only have one cus led rulez :p
but i am planing on oppening an arcade place here, and i was going to get 8 to 10 monitors with consoles to host local tournaments, and maybe a big one as well :)
and i wanted the best looking picture if it does not lag.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
thanks.
Response time =/= Input lag.

Trust me, you don't wanna ever experience 200000000mhz lag on any fighting game.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah but response time isn't the only thing that determines whether or not a monitor has lag. I know one thing that matters is the HD processor. The better the graphics, the more work the HD processor has to do, so it will take longer. In short, a monitor can have 2 ms response time and still lag.

aj1701

Noob
Yeah but response time isn't the only thing that determines whether or not a monitor has lag. I know one thing that matters is the HD processor. The better the graphics, the more work the HD processor has to do, so it will take longer. In short, a monitor can have 2 ms response time and still lag.
Eh, I'm not sure about that. I think LED looks better because its a different physical component, not because LED pictures go through more processing. I'm also not sure about the response time stuff. AFAIK its the time between when the signal arrives into the TV and the time it takes to get onto the screen. I can see processing increasing that time, but if you have a game mode I don't see why it couldn't just blast out the pixels.