What's new

Assasin's Creed: Unity Thread

GGA Max

Hey guys,

I'm getting this game for PS4 in about 3 hours. Anyone else getting it?

It is supposed to push the nex-gen hardware to the max. (no pun intended) So I'm excited for that, and old Europe seems like a fun setting.

Post your gamertags, mine is Maxintensity25.

I heard the co-op is a huge part of the game, so I'd like to have some friends to play with.

Edit: Better Trailer

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
Graphically, the game is getting a lot of negative feedbacks, the whole parity on all consoles is pissing people off

TKB

Noob
I haven't really cared about assassins creed since the first game came out but that trailer seriously might have convinced me to buy it.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Getting it Wednesday, it's looking really good. Might also pick up Rogue because Black Flag was really good and I'll like more of that.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Rogue looks REALLY interesting from a narrative perspective. I'm one of those jobbers who actually thinks Black Flag at the time of its release was the best AC game. But I didn't play 2.1 or 2.5 so idk what I missed.

Anyway I'm getting Unity tomorrow. PSN - Killphil89.

GGA Max

Should I read up or watch anything before heading into this story mode?

All I've played is ACII :/

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Should I read up or watch anything before heading into this story mode?

All I've played is ACII :/
am playing AC2 at the moment, had to see the movie/cutscenes from ac1.
I just can't play any story based games without knowing the backstory.
you probably don't have to

C-Sword

Noob
People's impressions

Assassin’s Creed: Unity is out today in the US, but some people seem to have been getting their copies early with videos of the game appearing on YouTube yesterday. Unfortunately, some of those people who got their hands on the game early are reporting that there are significant technical problems with Assassin’s Creed: Unity, most notably the framerate.

“Seriously I get the game is massive, but jesus the framerate in this game is atrocious,” said Reddit user Merkwerktalking about the PS4 version of Assassin’s Creed: Unity. “It’s not even close to a locked 30 fps, it feels like it’s running at 20 something most of the time and I’ve had it drop way below that a couple of times already.”

Or there’s this from Shehan 1993: “Are you guys experiencing pop ins and huge frame rate drops especially in huge crowds? I’m playing on the ps4. Got any advice to fix this?”

No, you’re not the only one Shehan, iQuebec says: “I think my PS4 is dying because I’m having a lot of problems with framerate and textures lately, now I’m playing the part where you have to blend in the crowd to get past the guards and the clothes textures pop in big crowds is horrible. Is it really my PS4 or games just run poorly lately?”

It’s not only the PS4 version of the game that seems to be suffering, either. Xbox One users are also complaining about issues with Assassin’s Creed: Unity’s framerate.

“I would like to warn anyone thinking about buying this game,” said thewouldbeking. “I got it with my Xbox bundle. I just started it, and it runs sub 30 frames per second constantly. I would advise to wait until its fixed or not buy it at all. It is practically unplayable.”

It’s disappointing to hear that there are such significant issues with Assassin’s Creed: Unity. However, it’s worth remembering that Ubisoft quickly improved the performance of Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag with early patches. Hopefully it will do the same here.

C-Sword

Noob

Non-playable characters popping up randomly during cut scenes

Btw, first patch will fix microtransaction issues and not gameplay related ones, Ubisoft know the priorities.

The single player is buggy but playable.
Public Co-op is also playable.
Just don't do any private co-op (aka join a party on ps4 and do co-op together).
That's beyond broken.
I am surprise no on posted any of the glitches I have seen when you play in a party session.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The single player is buggy but playable.
Public Co-op is also playable.
Just don't do any private co-op (aka join a party on ps4 and do co-op together).
That's beyond broken.
I am surprise no on posted any of the glitches I have seen when you play in a party session.

Really? I did private Co-Op with a friend a couple nights ago and had barely any problems (besides the game wide ones) throughout a 2+ hour session.