What's new

General/Other AS COLD AS DEEAATH

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
I just saw the Sektor Vs Sub video posted by SwiftTomHanks and wanted to know if it was Death, the Mileena player, playing as Sub.

If it is, I want to let you know your Sub is a real treat to see. Very cold and calculated, rarely got hit by zoning moves and the times you did, you were able to get right back in there. Really good stuff.

What I want to know is you seemed to simply not fear any type of jip from STH and I wonder why he did not attempt any? Was he afraid of a clone? Do you AA 2/22 really well? What caused this phenomenon?

Second, the pressure was surprising. I would of expected STH to be able to jump out or something but you seemed to nail him every time. I noticed for this you did a slight dash block into full dash d4 and it stuffed all the jump out attempts. Is that the spacing?

More questions to come, but damn I keep watching that video over and over. Good stuff.

Every decent subzero should teach opponent to not jump on him

Clone on reaction is EASY antiair, every jump in will fail to this
22 has great range and can be used on reaction to defeat jumpins as well.

Against crossups im using 22 or well timed d4, Antiairs arent problem with sub-zero

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I liked his style very, very much too. Liked the pressure, liked the way he mixed d3 with d4.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
The embarrassing thing here is that Sub Zero isn't even one of his main characters. While his Sub Zero gives me more problems than any of his other characters, overall I think the order for him goes:

Sonya
Mileena
Kung Lao (for bad match ups only)

I'm sure once his Sonya gets to a top level since it's only been a few weeks of playing her she will be more of an issue than Sub Zero. And while it seems to everyone else that Sektor vs Sub is in Sektor's favor, two weeks ago with did a series of 10 that went 5/5. This week, it went 8/2 Death. His Kung Lao went 2/1 with Sektor winning (with a babality), Mileena goes about 50/50 as well as Sonya. Death is a very aggressive player who's sole purpose is to apply pressure. While this is probably the best strategy to use against Sektor with any character he does it the best with Sonya and Sub Zero. This leads to me believe that Sub Zero is meant to be played as aggressive as possible.

I really think this is the future to Sub Zero if there is any future to the character at tournament level.

PS: I never jumped because of his ice clone reaction nor crossed him up since 22 is amazing cross up protection. I have to start standing 1 anti jump in more since looking back he got a ton of free jump in's.

Death

Noob
Yeah suprisingly Mileena is my main and i only use Sub in casuals. VS STH we go even with mil/sektor. I play Mileena wrong. I always rushdown with her when shes not meant for that. Shes a turtler/zoner/anti-zoner. With that said, we go even in that MU because i cant play Mileena right which is a big reason why i picked up sonya a few weeks back. But since sub and sonya have good rushdown tools i tend to give STH problems. I think thats sektors biggest weaknes. Getting people off. Espically with sonya because shes dangerous everywhere.

But thanks for the sub compliments. I love the character and i love using him in casuals. But hes like my 4th or 5th best and i just never had the confidence to pull him out in a tournament.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Can Sub clone on reaction to a Mileena jip attempt from outside sweep or can Mileena telekick on reaction to his reaction clone and make the clone "pop" from proximity?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Yeah suprisingly Mileena is my main and i only use Sub in casuals. VS STH we go even with mil/sektor. I play Mileena wrong. I always rushdown with her when shes not meant for that. Shes a turtler/zoner/anti-zoner. With that said, we go even in that MU because i cant play Mileena right which is a big reason why i picked up sonya a few weeks back. But since sub and sonya have good rushdown tools i tend to give STH problems. I think thats sektors biggest weaknes. Getting people off. Espically with sonya because shes dangerous everywhere.

But thanks for the sub compliments. I love the character and i love using him in casuals. But hes like my 4th or 5th best and i just never had the confidence to pull him out in a tournament.
Be confident. Pull him out to make us fan boys wet.

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
I really think this is the future to Sub Zero if there is any future to the character at tournament level.
It's been the present state of Sub-Zero since patch v1.05 imo. When NRS decided to completely take away his damage (by scaling tremendously damage against frozen opponents and removing Ice Puddle reset) there's not much space now to keep distance with zonning and footsies. That's also why b121 is more popular now than ever, since it allows close pressure mix ups. One wrong guess from my adversary and he will be eating another full combo or at least a throw.

Any Sub-Zero playing differently (I mean not aggressively) just sounds like a dinosaur to me lol.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
It's been the present state of Sub-Zero since patch v1.05 imo. When NRS decided to completely take away his damage (by scaling tremendously damage against frozen opponents and removing Ice Puddle reset) there's not much space now to keep distance with zonning and footsies. That's also why b121 is more popular now than ever, since it allows close pressure mix ups. One wrong guess from my adversary and he will be eating another full combo or at least a throw.

Any Sub-Zero playing differently (I mean not aggressively) just sounds like a dinosaur to me lol.
Wait so throwing up an ice clone and throwing ice balls behind the clone isn't how you play Sub anymore? I need to get up to speed.

Death

Noob
lol i only play sub in casuals and for fun. But i think an aggressive sub is best. I'm most afraid of sub-zero when i see him rushing me down. I dont think sub is intimitading when hes hiding behind clone throwing ice blast. I think that style can get sub blown up.