What's new

Tech Armor Makes Stryker's Ex Baton Sweep Armor Work?

Espio

Kokomo
Okay, so everyone is already aware of the inconsistent and buggy armor on Stryker's ex baton sweep and it appears to be basically random, right? There's been discussions about it in the past in other threads too obviously.

Well..I was playing Arcade mode today against Shang Tsung and he morphed into Liu Kang and on wake up he did ex dragon kick, which has armor and Stryker's ex baton sweep armor kicked in to negate it. I thought this was a coincidence, so I tried it again because Liu Kang woke up with ex dragon kick and the armor on ex baton sweep stopped him again.

I don't know if armor clashing makes baton sweep's armor actually work or not...but I don't think that was a coincidence that it worked right two times in a row when it clashed with an armor move.

What I'd like is for someone to help me test this more extensively so I can confirm whether this is consistent and/or viable...I didn't see it mentioend with the armor clashing idea, but I also noticed this ages ago when my ex baton sweep clashed with Skarlet's armor and ex baton sweep's armor worked and got me the round, at the time I thought it was random and thought nothing of it.

Some input and help testing would be appreciated :).

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I think it could have something to do with armor clashing, cause I've done it against Kabal's wake up dash, and some other moves.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The armor only works on start up frames. Vulcan Hades way back in the day had a video of him show casing an "ex baton sweep OS" but it wasn't really thought out well. The EX baton sweep's armor is pitiful but when it works, it works best against those mid offense.