What's new

Aris' impressions of Mortal Kombat X, A Must Listen!

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Just noticed something that has been spoken about throughout the forums and on the OBS stream last night about if grabs have armor or not. at 4:36 Ferra/Torr grabs sub zero with armor and it took away a bar of meter. Not sure if someone found out already. But it can be done
I think the question is whether or not meter can be burned to armor a REGULAR throw. Ferra/Torr would obviously be a character with command grabs, so this may not be the best example. We have no idea if the grab shown was a command grab or not. Meter burning a command grab and a regular grab would be much different.

Geochron

Noob
Just noticed something that has been spoken about throughout the forums and on the OBS stream last night about if grabs have armor or not. at 4:36 Ferra/Torr grabs sub zero with armor and it took away a bar of meter. Not sure if someone found out already. But it can be done
How do you know that that move is a universal throw and not a special move (command throw)?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not bad, though I disagree with him on "MK 9 is the first MK game that is competitive" point, I feel MK 2 and UMK3(especially) would disagree on that one as well as Shock and those guys. But I agree with him on not making lame assumptions etc like those people crying over "omg interactables, too many styles etc" like play the game at least before we judge shit...lol

On that second video podcats/webcam video, I find the removal of block dashing interesting. In a way I like that because people can't cancel every other second into block, which at times I won't lie got annoying.

I also find that removing the ability to as Aris said, AA poke, dash cancel into poke combo gone now. I must say I like that because I hated doing cross ups and getting AA's with that shit. IMO if you get AAed you shouldn't get a full combo off that. So I welcome the change.

Though one thing I'm NOT sure I'm a fan of is hearing "dashing forward and back" drain stamina, I don't agree with that. Boon said you can dash block still, cancel but it probably won't be as easy as it was in MK 9 I bet. Based on what Tom said in his topic.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
I disagree about AAs not granting combos, if the AA was one solid strong hit that hurt and heavily discouraged jumping, sure no combo. But if AA damage is low the risk/reward for jumping is skewed to far in offesive favor over defense, it's my main problem with KOFXIII compared to older ones, AAs fucking hurt and jumping had a big reward but two or three AAs would put you in serious danger of stun.

Error

DF2+R2
I also find that removing the ability to as Aris said, AA poke, dash cancel into poke combo gone now. I must say I like that because I hated doing cross ups and getting AA's with that shit. IMO if you get AAed you shouldn't get a full combo off that. So I welcome the change.
You don't like getting punished for reckless jumping?

MKF30

Sidenote after watching the whole video, I do hope they tweak that ex combo into throw element because that will cause easy ass resets, if they have combo into meter burned throws, stunned, going into 50/50. IDK how I feel about that, last time MK had combos off of throws the game winded up being broken...but I trust it'll be ok.

Also, I wonder if we'll be able to direct throws/forward/back throws etc.

@ haketh, then if I may ask dude. What's the point of having jumping mechanic in the game to begin with if we can't use it strategically? Only use would be for jumping back, in which I may as well dash back then in that case lol.

You don't like getting punished for reckless jumping?
I don't recklessly jump though, I jump using crossups and into jump in starts with high/low mix ups...afterall, why put jumps in if they're not meant to be used? Jump kicks even are still useful if you can read someone's projectile patterns. MK 9 had jump in starters like UMK3, so it had a point to jump in.

I'm all for AA moves don't get me wrong, I just don't feel someone should get a free combo off an AA poke, then be able to "dash poke" etc I'd rather see everyone getting some kind of AA move, ie Scorpion's flip hell kick, Cage's flipkick etc like oldschool MK. I mean they're already changing and got rid of block dash cancels anyway, so why not? Some people may say "well it's a risk vs. reward" element, ok well that's why they put in uppercuts for AA....always been the point of the uppercut. Thing is now days people want to get greedy and try to get fancy off an AA poke into 30% combo...fuck that shit lol. I may as well just stay back then, which I do in MK 9 some people bitched over it but I told them. Hey I know what you're waiting for that timely AA poke bs, so I'll just zone your ass and beat you with chip lol.

Last edited:

Error

DF2+R2
@MKF30 if you're getting AA'd it means you're jumping recklessly or your opponent made a good read. Jumping in whenever you want isn't strategic. Just because jumps are punishable doesn't mean they aren't meant to be used. Single hit AA moves like the flip kicks barely discourage jumping in because the risk reward would always be in the jumper's favor.

MKF30

@ Error
No man, I do jump kicks rarely and as I said strategic cross ups if I feel I have an opportunity. I don't just randomly jump at people...the AA poke is more of a lucky read though, because either they time it right and AA you or they eat a JK to the face or cross up combo. You misunderstand my point, I don't jump whenever I want I jump with intent to confuse and attack my opponent. In MK X's case it would prove moot if they brought back dash, dash, dash obviously may as well not have jumps then if they brought that back but noticed they didn't. NRS agrees with me to a degree at least as you won't be able to do that anymore. As I said, there's AA moves like uppercuts, and special attacks for that. To me getting a full combo off an AA or NJP juggle is utterly retarded. Sure they would, I did it all the time in Deception when people jumped at me, hell in MK 9 I just back dashed and speared them out of the air when timed right....

For the record, I hardly or rarely get AA by players unless they turtle and just rely on that but most players don't do that, they attack at some point.

Last edited:

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
why does everyone assume that the MB throw is going to grant 50/50 town?

Who even says that anyone has a true 50/50 to exploit?

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Ima just play it personally rather than hear someone else opinion about the game, ppl cant just say "Oh ok im not gonna play it b/c so so says I shouldnt" just play it when it comes out and then judge.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Aris speaking the truth as always,but....

1:18

"MK9 didn't have reliable frame data,but Injustice did"

Lol........No.
I think what he was trying to say was jax's f312 being plus 10 sometimes and not other times. i dont think injustice has that.