What's new

Are You Having Trouble with Inputs?

Having Issues with Inputs?

• Total voters
Curious if Kung Lao's 112124 is easier on stick - tried it with 3 different wired pads on Xbone and got it once out of about 50 times

Some of it is character specific - e.g. Kitana's 21 is much harder than Mileena's 21

I've noticed most current top players are playing with RC=Off AC=Off IS=On

Yeah, doing any BF special in open space is a pain in the ass. You can't slide it. it almost feels like you have to go back to neutral after the back input and then hit forward. It really affects my speed when I want to whiff punish or reversal punish something with Sub's Slide.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I'm really really starting to think it's these fucking PDP MKX pads with their tiny shit d-pads. I rarely had issue with dbf inputs on my Madcatz Brawlpad when I played Injustice on my 360 but they're an absolute, inconsistent chore in this game. And trying to cancel strings or normals into command grabs in this game is a nightmare. Still not sure if it's weirder timing/ tighter input windows, this fucking pad, or both. Thinking it's mostly the pad at this point though bc I know my execution isn't that bad.

Not to mention the double taps of buttons in menus. PDP is hot garbage.
Im waiting for madcatz to make a worthy fight paf again. This PDP is garbage, the dpad is too tiny. I mean really, do they think everyone has baby thumbs?

They should give us more time to link combos.
Like, what I find really really annoying, frustrating, and not fun at all, is how I need to input more than 2 or 3 keys at once before I even hit an enemy.
So I cant really confirm if I will hit him or not. I have to do full combo...
And if I miss, I wont have time to react because I will be inputing keys.
It also feels very akward how you have to input combo at start and not based of what is happening on the screen. What feels very disjointed visually.

I really hope they make this a bit easier on casuals. I have to press like 10 buttons at the start of combo. And it feels very very odd because I am just "mashing" buttons fully disconnected from what is happening on the screen.

I am not sure if I will continue playing this game if they dont make it easier. Its very fun and good game. But doing combos is not fun at all. Its very tedious and exausting.

TheGlow

Retired Noob
Curious if Kung Lao's 112124 is easier on stick - tried it with 3 different wired pads on Xbone and got it once out of about 50 times

Some of it is character specific - e.g. Kitana's 21 is much harder than Mileena's 21

I've noticed most current top players are playing with RC=Off AC=Off IS=On
I thought that combo was a fake in the list. I havent gotten the 2nd or 3rd hit out. I can't remember.

Lol, found some bugs with Reptile combos... somehow, sometimes, it uses ExPoisonAura when I am doing some combo.
What two buttons pressed at once is block?
Is there any way to remove those options?
Like, if I press two buttons at once I get some other command, like two specific buttons will give you grab, other two will make your character switch stance (lol, that is made to mess you up). Really annoying and I'd say broken. Makes game kind unplayable for me because it feels very clunky.
Like driving a car that dies each few meters xD.

I am not even sure if they will fix those bugs. Noticed quite a few people complaining on inputs down right not working.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
For me it's always been anything like dbf1, dfb1, etc... I just never seem to be able to pull those off fast enough (or accurate enough) to put them into combos. I generally avoid characters with those inputs (Kano, Goro, Erron Black, etc) just because of that, which kind of sucks. I was really looking forward to Erron Black, especially with seeing how amazing he could be at that Fatal 8 before release. Then when I tried him out, I couldn't reliably perform one of my favorite moves of his. Bummer!

(I know, "level up" right? Heh)

What about you guys? I know a lot of people complain about straight bf inputs online in MKX, which is mostly what prompted me to start this topic.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
That exact input. I've been maining commando kano so you can imagine the frustration. You should not avoid Kano all together though since Commando is his only variation with those inputs. I've had no trouble with just BF inputs but DBF I get jumps alot or just buffer it too soon I think. I've been just workin' on it in the lab and just doing that motion over and over and over. I'm also going to be getting the FC4 instead of the PS4 pad that i've been using, I've heard these motions come out better on other controllers.

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
I got the same problem, that my friends now know that when kano starts low kicking them is me failing to :d:l:r:bk :/ it's sad! :(

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Just think of it as half circle back and forward or half circle forward then back, like the old SNK or Guilty gear supers. Or try doing fast 360, although I think the input buffer in this game would make that almost impossible.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Aside from the dbf fuckery (Torr's Lackey command grab is so hard to hit mid combo.), I have issues with inputs where the direction input is sandwiched between two button inputs that both result in a special. for instance:

Kung Jin's - 221~bf4, ji4~d4, b21~db3. Many many many times I have done b2 FLAMEBALL (db1). It's like a giant signal flare that I dropped the combo. It's my own fault. I have release check turned off, so i know it's a matter of my left hand getting ahead of my right hand and I need to work on that. It still sucks when it happens.

Worst combos for me are ones that start with BACK + SOME BUTTON.
I mean... I am moving forward, then I have to hit back and some button. Facepalm...

You know, inputs should not be designed so its irritating... This is not who will press a button combination better contest.

Someone should forward this to devs because many casuals have great issues with inputs... Too hard and too complicated.

The Dial A Combo timing window is annoyingly tight and front loaded, the disconnect between your inputs and what happens onscreen won' ever not feel awkward.

With shortcuts off, the Interactable command (both punches) not working means I have even less reason to use them, but hopefully it's considered a bug and fixed. I'll always prefer less buttons + combinations instead of a new button for a new function.

With shortcuts off (because who the hell wants to accidentally get a D,F/D,B special because they tried to uppercut but didn't perfectly neutral duck), the timing for simultaneous button presses (EX moves, throw (both front attacks) and some string inputs) feels too tight.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
There is some really funky problems with a few inputs. I had a lot of issues with dbf & bf motions. I spent a massive amount of time in the lab and realized that the timing is very strict. It's like you have to input the moves right as the animations begin and input it clean. Bf in the air...? I don't know. A floating kano aint kool. I feel like there's no buff or I'm doing something wrong. Maybe its built into the game? I want to believe that because we've spent a massive amount of time in the lab figuring this shit out and I remember how the Street fighter EX series had kind of the same issues but by far THE BEST training mode in a game EVER for a fighter to understand and learn to over come these problems.

Its only been a week or 2 though so I guess time will tell.
What system and controller do you use? Is there a difference between left-to-right and right-to-left inputs in terms of reliability?

During the 1,1 string, if I input d,b+2+3, I get enhanced version of d,b+2
1+2+3 shortcut for MB, probably negative edge too. I dunno. Maybe.