What's new

Are interactables too good?

Are Interactables currently a little too powerful?

• Yes

Votes: 131 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 22.5%

• Total voters

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
How do you know they wanted interacables in for serious play?

Forgive me, but this is the exact same argument smash items people used in the beggining. I remember melee tournies with items and smash balls on brawl.
Becuase of early(and pre) press release media tours they repeatedly mentioned they wanted themto be a big factor of the game even for the competitive crowd.Dont ask me to go look for an interview cause I wont.
Again they continually finedtuned the game so maybe their goals changed?I suspect not.

haven't read the thread yet but on the subject of interactables, can anyone tell me why the fuck the dumpster hits when it's already back in position? i'm sure some of you know what i mean. you can't be where it is when it bounces back into place. that shit is retarded as hell.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
haven't read the thread yet but on the subject of interactables, can anyone tell me why the fuck the dumpster hits when it's already back in position? i'm sure some of you know what i mean. you can't be where it is when it bounces back into place. that shit is retarded as hell.
Hitbox issues

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Did no one watch the fights between Krayzie and.... I wanna say Tyrant? They kept going between two stages (Metropolis Rooftop and Gotham Alley) and the stage basically determined which character was going to win the match. IMO, the stage shouldn't have THAT much of an impact on matchups.

If Metropolis needs to have a constantly respawning, roaming turret it shouldn't cause 18-20%, simply because of how often it's there. The same can be said for the satellite in Watchtower, which I also find stupid because it only appears from one side of the stage giving zoners on the right a very clear advantage when zoning is already considered powerful.

This is IMO and people have every right to disagree, but some design choices in this game simply don't make sense to me.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I think for power characters interactibles are generally too good. If my dodge maneuver as a gadget character was armored it'd be a bit better, but I can be knocked right out of my get away option on most any interactible in a corner scenario.

I personally don't like how ridiculously high the damage out put is on transitions. Themiscyra has made more comebacks on me than players have. :/

How about:

Match 1: 50-50 select.
Match 2: Loser picks map.
Match 3: Loser of Match 2 picks Map, but announces Map and Character before Winner of Match 2 selects their Character.

We're assuming the winner of Match 1 got their Map in the 1st Round. This gave the other Player a chance to get their Map and get a win too. Thus Winner of Match 2 gets the advantage of Map which is mollified by Winner of Match 1 getting the advantage of knowing which Map it is before Character selection. Choice of map is more of an advantage when you know what the other person is playing ahead of time. Just an idea.

Another solution, requiring NRS, might be if Injustice could implement a bidding system. "I am willing to start with 90% life if I get my map." "I am willing to start with 85% life to get my map." Whoever bids lower gets their map. If bids are equal, it is 50-50.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I think you're not taking responsibility for your actions.
Youre arguement is so bad.

Fine ill play your game, raven against doomsday and got pushed to the left corner of watchtower, im getting constantly corner pressured, into a knockdown then i eat robot damage. Dd then baits out the fire and puts me back in the corner. This is okay?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Fine ill play your game, raven against doomsday and got pushed to the left corner of watchtower, im getting constantly corner pressured, into a knockdown then i eat robot damage. Dd then baits out the fire and puts me back in the corner. This is okay?
Getting cornered in any fighting game is usually a bad idea.

haketh

Noob

Yup, Doomsday amde all the right calls and you fucked up. All I'm seeing in that example is someone making bad decisions adn getting blown up.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Zoidberg747 haketh

Yes obviously getting cornered is a bad idea, this is hypothetical though. They should get rewarded even more for getting me in the corner by unbreakable damage? Same things goes with Wayne manor, I manage to get out of the left corner but nah bro, lemme slam this car on you.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

That particular scenario sucks, you're right. However, EVERY char has the same option though so this is a poor example in a way.

It's no secret Bane is considered low tier (not by the Bane community but I'm not going there right now) and of course will have bad matchups. Let's use the obvious one, Batman/Bane. I want to know that if I just happen to guess right, and you REALLY need to be careful, I want to know I have extra options that will even up the fight. People complain about tiers all the time, but if Batman is in my face, and I get a knockdown and can hit him w/a damn car and continue my offense, it makes the fight much more bearable.

I totally get what you're saying, some scenarios make bad matchups even worse, but other scenarios make the fight even if the player gets a good read. This is why I really like the interactables

haketh

Noob
Yeah interactables are all about right reads. If you're a Acrobat or gadget character who gets cornered and you make the right read you can escape adn start corner pressure, read wrong and get blown up. I think we all can agree though the trackign adn hitboxes need a 2nd look.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
But JER! You made a mistake. You have to pay for it with the whole first life bar... even if it was the DD player being braindead and MB shoulder pushing you into the corner...with trait. All your fault. Can't fix it. Level up. Adapt or Die. Get a new game scrub.

I'm so tired of reading this thread. It was a poll to a simple question. Yet so much butthurt came out of this.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
But JER! You made a mistake. You have to pay for it with the whole first life bar... even if it was the DD player being braindead and MB shoulder pushing you into the corner...with trait. All your fault. Can't fix it. Level up. Adapt or Die. Get a new game scrub.

I'm so tired of reading this thread. It was a poll to a simple question. Yet so much butthurt came out of this.

I'm still waiting for someone to give me a reasonable answer to the questions I've asked, not answers like "Level up" or "You shouldnt have been in the corner".

Yes I know you were being sarcastic :p

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Can't fix it. Level up. Adapt or Die. Get a new game scrub. I'm so tired of reading this thread. It was a poll to a simple question. Yet so much butthurt came out of this.
Well my post above is pretty logical and not really too much "butthurt" in it. Both sides have a valid argument. I personally tend to lean towards that they are weapons that everybody can use

Jer I don't think anybody can give you one besides the typical "DERRR MAN UP SCRUB". The only reason I don't mind it is cause I know if I get a good read, I can use it myself to change momentum and get in. Maybe I'm biased though cause I main a power char who throws shit at stupid Batman/Superman/GL/NW

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Well my post above is pretty logical and not really too much "butthurt" in it. Both sides have a valid argument. I personally tend to lean towards that they are weapons that everybody can use
You have a logical answer and I respect that, but the thing is mobility characters are severely gimped when it comes to interactables. For example, KF can only divekick off the TV's in Asylum, which is blockable. Yet others can take those out of play with unblockable damage.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Oh I'm not targeting your post in particular. I've somehow made it through the 12 pages in this thread.I'm all for the hitbox of the floating robots in Metropolis rooftop to either spawn a set amount (1 of each type?) or just changing the throw angle to match how gadgets use it. Obviously the interactables that hit twice are a problem and I'm sure they'll be addressed.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Jer I think most gadget chars (keyword most) are already good enough to get great damage/oki w/out weapons. Obviously Joker/Harley would be exceptions (maybe I'm wrong, maybe they are really good who knows) but point being some gadget chars have to work their @$$ off and having weapons thrown at them really sucks. I agree. I don't think anybody on either side of the argument can really give an answer that will make everybody happy.

To be fair, getting hit by slide kick sucks and I like that I can smash that ho KF w/a car

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Jer I think most gadget chars (keyword most) are already good enough to get great damage/oki w/out weapons. Obviously Joker/Harley would be exceptions (maybe I'm wrong, maybe they are really good who knows) but point being some gadget chars have to work their @$$ off and having weapons thrown at them really sucks. I agree. I don't think anybody on either side of the argument can really give an answer that will make everybody happy.

To be fair, getting hit by slide kick sucks and I like that I can smash that ho KF w/a car

I know what you mean. I am a KF player so I am speaking entirely out of experience. (I dont wanna turn this into a KF chat by all means but) slide is -4, if you make a read you can do damage/throw me. So lets say you throw me in the corner of wayne manor, and now you're corner pressuring me. I go to get out with the car, but nope I can't, because as soon as you see my character in the background, you can either neutral jump or backdash OR dash into the corner and hit me with the car. I can't even blow the car up to help me get out either.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
Yeah I really don't like how you can't get rid of some interactables as a gadget character...Manor car, Themyscira lion heads to name a few. I've tried being proactive and getting the transition but ehhhh throws off my game.

haketh

Noob
Pushblock and then interact out, find an opening and punish. Yeah you're hearing a ton of "get better' because well that's pretty much all their is to it.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Pushblock and then interact out, find an opening and punish. Yeah you're hearing a ton of "get better' because well that's pretty much all their is to it.
So I should get better when I'm at 25% health on Metropolis Rooftop against a black adam with trait up? Hmmmm okay.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Transitions need to be shortened too. They are just too way too long, especially the Themyscira one where you're bouncing off trees 'n' shizz.