What's new

[Apr 25, 2015] [Apr 25, 2015] Gwinnett Brawl Presents MKX! (Bi-Weekly) (Duluth, GA)

Starting on Apr 25th, Gwinnett Brawl is proudly hosting its first MKX tourney and along with other games as well!

Follow their twitter at twitter.com/gbdojo in order to obtain live updates of our events. Also, subscribe to their youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmiYMlggo3KH2U4xI1NvhaQ/featured as they continue to showcase GA's talented competitors across the globe.

GAME LINE-UP:

- Mortal Kombat X (Playstation 4)
- Guilty Gear Xrd (Playstation 3)
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (with CUSTOM MOVES!)
- Ultra Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360)
- Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox 360)

DATE AND TIME:

- Saturday, April 25th, 2015
- 4:00 PM: registration begins for ALL games
- 6:00 PM: MKX + Smash Bros + Guilty Gear tournaments begin
- 8:00 PM: Marvel + Street Fighter tournaments begin

If you are running late and cannot arrive before the start of your tournament, call a friend at the venue to enter you into the bracket before we start, or post here in this event page to let us know. As long as you notify us that you're on your way, we will add you to the bracket.

STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/gbdojo

COST OF ENTRY AND PAYOUT:

- $5 Venue Fee per player
- $5 Entry Fee per player per game
- top 3 payout per game: 70/20/10

(Payout structure may change for future events. We will poll players at registration on how to handle payout in the future.)

MORTAL KOMBAT X RULES:

- played on Playstation 4

- 2/3 rounds per game, 2/3 games per match.

- Winners Final, Losers Final, and Grand Finals are 3/5 games per match.

- Stages will be chosen by random select.

- Stage interactables will be allowed.

- Winner of the game will remain character AND variation locked. (No hidden variation select)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I might be able to attend this. Hopefully I can make it.

I was not acclimated to monitors making such a difference so I got bodied in casuals but I adapted well..ish in bracket so I got no complaints with the results. Being an online warrior and then coming offline is like system shock... its like its not even the same game lol.

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I played decently well until i dropped the game winner against tre. I need to learn this cassie mirror since I apparently will always fight saltface

KevinCow

Noob
Wait, this was double elimination? Aw man. I could've stayed and gotten destroyed again! Oh well. It's bi-weekly, right? I'll stick around next time.

Anyway, I had fun and managed to win a couple of friendlies, so all in all I enjoyed my first MK tournament. And I feel better about getting obliterated by Trepound in the first round now that I see he went on to take second place.