What's new

Anyone with a stick have trouble grabbing?

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
I use 1 + 3 to grab, but grabbing is absolute hell for me. More than half the time my character does an attack rather than a grab. I suck donkey dick at SS4AE, but I can consistently grab every single time. Online or offline, I still have trouble grabbing in this game.

Edit - I also want to throw in that doing wake up attacks is quite possibly the most difficult thing to do in this game.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I've noticed you have to do it quick on the buttons. I've messed around in practice and if I even hold the buttons down for a split second it will do an attack. Try to just tap them fairly quick and see if that helps.

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
ive just stopped grabbing but i use soloman grundy so he makes up for it with 3 command grabs

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I noticed many of my input issues were solved by turning the change release option off in controller settings, I am not certain what that option actually does, but I was some crazy input issues when I had it on. BTW I use a stick as well so I understand the pain

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I've gotten attacks to come out sometimes instead of grab... but it's not very often. Just be sure to press the buttons at the same time.

The bigger issue is how you cannot cancel a hit confirm blockstring into a stage interaction by using the shortcut 1+2 on a stick. It doesn't come out. You are forced to use the programmed Stage Interaction (SI) button.

For instance with Frost, you would use f11~Stage or after a juggle you would use 2~Stage... you can't do f11~1+2 because you would now get her f111 string. You have to press f11 then the programmed button for SI.

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
I noticed many of my input issues were solved by turning the change release option off in controller settings, I am not certain what that option actually does, but I was some crazy input issues when I had it on. BTW I use a stick as well so I understand the pain
Yea release check is negative edge. I already have it off. I don't understand why they would default have it on.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Yea release check is negative edge. I already have it off. I don't understand why they would default have it on.
Yea I iwas having issues doing Harley's B2,2, TS1 combos and she kept doing the Pop Pop move instead of TS, until I turned that option off.

Dandy J

i can see all the amine
Seems like there's not really a buffer for throws out of recovery or block stun, etc. If you do it early or mash it, you get an attack, so you have to time it. Pretty annoying when doing it after things with weird block stun like gl's b+13.