What's new

Anyone Wanna Start An Intelligent Revolution?

Should the FGC have its own current events related hub of intelligence?

• Yes, unbiased/useful information is always a good thing.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No, this can't end any way but badly.

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The world has become small, scary, and overwhelmingly uninformed.

I want to start a show, of some sort or variety, to tackle the weekly horrors and strifes of life as we know it, make it relevant to our little niche in the world, and possibly build a community of like-minded/sane-ish-minded players and thinkers who want to make progressive strides doing their part to keep the world balanced.

Anyone interested?

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
The world has become small, scary, and overwhelmingly uninformed.

I want to start a show, of some sort or variety, to tackle the weekly horrors and strifes of life as we know it, make it relevant to our little niche in the world, and possibly build a community of like-minded/sane-ish-minded players and thinkers who want to make progressive strides doing their part to keep the world balanced.

Anyone interested?
FGC drama show?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
FGC drama show?
Noooooooooo, no no no.
Actual relevant events of the world drama show.
Like Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, but with loads of profanity and the occasional MK9 comparison.
Things are way too out of whack for people with the means to help to fix it to sit by idly.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Noooooooooo, no no no.
Actual relevant events of the world drama show.
Like Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, but with loads of profanity and the occasional MK9 comparison.
Things are way too out of whack for people with the means to help to fix it to sit by idly.
You know what, screw it!I’m dropping the bomb:
What are you guys’ opinion on Turkey as a whole country or do you even know that such a cesspool exists?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I voted NO. Simply because all it takes is one person to say "I support Trump" In a serious manner and then they entire community gets labeled.

Example: Supergirl Main: I support POTUS 100% He's the best thing ever, the Left is Garbo.

TYM: OF COURSE A DISGUSTING SUPERGIRL MAIN SUPPORTS TRUMP!!! YOU GUYS ARE A CANCER TO THE EARTH.

Sideline TYMer Who ctually supports trump: Yeah you gross ass Supergirl mains. Your all braindead so OF COURSE you support Trump, ugh ugh ugh you guys making me physically sick as fuck and I simply canot take it anymore. I'm leaving TYM.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
also..how Cesspooly is Turkey? If it's anything like Turkey Bacon we may need to nuke it. JK,,,,

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
I know they had a lot to do with the Armenian genocide, but beyond that, I am very much curious. Tell.
Alrighty folks, as a proud member of the Turkish Ke-public, let me give
y'all some briefing.The Armenian Genocide(I'd prefer to say predicament instead, you'll see why :) ), did happen but not in the way that the Kardashiass-hats would tell you.
To explain it more concisely, I'll be delving into the politic, social, cultural and economic aspects of the 20th century before-the-fall Ottoman Empire.
The Ottomans' social hierarchy had 2 simple groups:the rulers(not just the Sah[idk how you spell that in English so w/e], all bureucrats and politicians whom the Sah could consult, and all the buttload of soldiers) and the ruled(anybody else).Around early 1800's the whole regime changed from absolute monarchy(where he could say fuck all and do whatever) to a parlementary monarchy(in which he would accept the superiority of the constitution).In said parlement, was everybody from the higher echelon of the society.Due to the international intrusion from abroad under the pretext of minorities not having enough rights(Armenians, Jews...), the Ottomans GAVE them more rights than your ordinary commonfolk.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
So the Armenians held an esteemed position in the Ottoman society before said predicament.
Now, Ott.Emp. folk(tired of wirting this over and over again) was comprised of many and diverse nationalities.So if they had the will and the monetary resources to separate from the Ott.Emp. , they happily would.This is how the Ott.Emp.'s progressive devolution to smaller nation states would begin post French Revolution.

Last edited:

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
So the Armenians held an esteemed position in the Ottoman society before said predicament.
Now, Ott.Emp. folk(tired of wirting this over and over again) was comprised of many and diverse nationalities.So if they had the will and the monetary respurces to separate from the Ott.Emp. , they happily would.This is how the Ott.Emp.'s progressive devolution to smaller nation states would begin post French Revolution.
Culture wise, the Ottomans' one was simply adding more land to the core landmass and amassing a HECK lot of taxes from law-abiding tax payers.Now, let's warp to 1900's:
-No happy tax payers, just nationalists demanding for another separated nation state
-No tranquility or peace to speak of within country borders
-And Russia becomes a missile homed into your landmass(all about that Slav union)
-Your country is beholden to its' international allies and is henceforth forced to give them more concessions(and indirectly turns the local economy to mush-stew, given the fact that they completely out-sell, out-produce and out-profit any local production(which isn't agriculture))

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
In said cesspool of an empire, all the international powers had one common goal:Ottoman soil had an impressive quantity of raw material
ready to be exploited for industrial purposes.
So Germany teams up with Ottomans due to the amount of resources this alliance would provide.
The same would apply to France, UK, and Russia who sought to sack all these precious resources and geopolitically advantageous for themselves.
Now while the storm that we know as WWI was brewing, the US didn't want UK, France or Russia controlling these regions so it was only natural for the US to partake in the repartition of the Ott.Emp..Instead of letting colonialists take Eastern Anatolia, US proposed two other national states:Kurdistan and Armenia(btw INSIDE the current Turkish soil we know today).How do you make a nationalist state out of a docile ethnicity?You sew seeds of aggression into the young.There came the Armenian nationalists who wanted to separate from Ott.Emp..
Btw these guys are nothing like those PETA sissies, they are armed and they marauded neighboring towns.
So, what do the Ottoman soldiers who have their hands busy enough with the Balkan War do?They set off to eradicate ALL POTENTIAL Armenian nationalists, any Armenian becomes A TARGET.

Now, what better thing to do than mass-exile all these potential threats?
WRONG
Ott.s did not have the military power or the means of transportation for such a course of action.As things are, there are Armenians who need to be exiled from A to B and you can not provide the logistics for said operation, meaning that you might as well make them walk the way.I know this is inhumane but HOW WOULD YOU do it in said conditions?
As things are, this mass-exile goes completely SOUTH and 80% perish in the ongoing death march.As a matter of fact, any army officials who were assigned to the death march WERE SPECFICALLY ORDERED to NEVER EVER AND EVER help ANY OF THE ARMENIANS.
So the radicalist Armenians and the Ott.Emp. is equally at fault in this centennial international dispute.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
Post WWI, Ott.Emp. collapses and the Turkish Republic is established inside similar borders and carries on.Final result, Turkey which is the cultural and geographic successor of the Ott.Emp. is internationally stigmatised for one stupid thing his delirious adoptive father did before dying.Does anyone blame France for Napoleon, does anyone blame Putin for Stalin....
But you can and should criticise Trump for him acting like an NBA all-star when he was supposed to be giving relief packages like a civil educated man.

SaucyD0ge

Worst european batman
wow you really wanted to tell someone about your turkish equivalent of holocaust denial huh
So is this how you deny someone else's thesis?By sprinkling some random memes and a claim denying any validity without detailed background to said denial?

Explain why it is a holocaust or otherwise I'll have to presume that
A-it wasn't a holocaust
B-you can't even support your own ideas, which is pretty hefty insult even to the mentally deficient.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This is very interesting although...YES this can go VEEEERY explosive real quick. We live in a society where people will argue for the sake of arguing and that shit goes nowhere fast!

Now actually bringing up topics that about life events, it has to be relatable. Since this site has such a WIDE variety of ppl or different genders, cultures, age, etc etc. it's kinda difficult on what to choose to talk about. But hey, ya never know until you try so im all for this.

RIghteous :)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I dunno, I think it's a not so great idea.

Here's the thing, I can argue with someone on here about game-stuff, we can reallllllllly go at it, but it's still game stuff. The hard feelings are much more minimalist.

Like, if you and I disagree on Supergirl or Deadshot or Sub, and a Tournament cones around, or some other event where we may meet up IRL, it's hardly s big deal. We can sit there and be cool to each other and, maybe even good naturedly argue on the spot... But if our disagreement is political, the good nature tends to drain away and we end up legitimately angry with each other.

The FGC is small and we (NRS Community) don't even account for the largest %.. adding fault lines via political discussion just stands to fracture us further. I just don't see that we have anything to gain. Politics and religion are srs biznis.

An example.. I have a long time friend I haven't really spoken to in a WHILE now, and I think the primary reason is he, kind of spontaneously, became political. He went from not really caring, to caring a lot, and having numerous opinions. I myself have very strong political opinions and ive come by them honestly - just like everyone else - and we went from talking about gaming to talking about Trump, the Trans Community, world events and politics, etc
It didn't take long for our talks to become arguments and, while that's not the only reason we don't speak anymore.its definitely the foundation of it.

Politics aren't discussed.. it essentially never happens than any kind of discussion happens. I believe something, to the point that TO ME it's self-evident. Like, there's nothing to discuss, it's the TRUTH..and so do you. So we just end up hollering back and forth at the air in front of each other's faces because we damn sure aren't listening to what's being said.. I'm 35 and I can honestly say I have NEVER seen anyone in a political.or religious argument say "oh ok you changed my mind". The best I've ever seen/heard is along the lines of "I didn't know that.. BUT STILL" .

I just don't see the value at all. It just looks like a way to segregate an already small community that's prone to bickering in the first place.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I dunno, I think it's a not so great idea.

Here's the thing, I can argue with someone on here about game-stuff, we can reallllllllly go at it, but it's still game stuff. The hard feelings are much more minimalist.

Like, if you and I disagree on Supergirl or Deadshot or Sub, and a Tournament cones around, or some other event where we may meet up IRL, it's hardly s big deal. We can sit there and be cool to each other and, maybe even good naturedly argue on the spot... But if our disagreement is political, the good nature tends to drain away and we end up legitimately angry with each other.

The FGC is small and we (NRS Community) don't even account for the largest %.. adding fault lines via political discussion just stands to fracture us further. I just don't see that we have anything to gain. Politics and religion are srs biznis.

An example.. I have a long time friend I haven't really spoken to in a WHILE now, and I think the primary reason is he, kind of spontaneously, became political. He went from not really caring, to caring a lot, and having numerous opinions. I myself have very strong political opinions and ive come by them honestly - just like everyone else - and we went from talking about gaming to talking about Trump, the Trans Community, world events and politics, etc
It didn't take long for our talks to become arguments and, while that's not the only reason we don't speak anymore.its definitely the foundation of it.

Politics aren't discussed.. it essentially never happens than any kind of discussion happens. I believe something, to the point that TO ME it's self-evident. Like, there's nothing to discuss, it's the TRUTH..and so do you. So we just end up hollering back and forth at the air in front of each other's faces because we damn sure aren't listening to what's being said.. I'm 35 and I can honestly say I have NEVER seen anyone in a political.or religious argument say "oh ok you changed my mind". The best I've ever seen/heard is along the lines of "I didn't know that.. BUT STILL" .

I just don't see the value at all. It just looks like a way to segregate an already small community that's prone to bickering in the first place.
And then there's THIS....yup....hit the nail on the head.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I like weekly Podcasts based on the NRS scene so I'm leaning towards being in support of... whatever this is. Still I'm not entirely sure it'd be anything coherent or relevant.