What's new

Anyone Else Get Borderlands 2?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If so, and you want to get in some multiplayer with someone who won't try to steal all of the loot, hit me up on xbox live (karaokelove).

If you haven't picked up Borderlands 2 but are considering it, it's a lot of fun. They basically just took the first game and improved on it as much as possible. The story is still pretty thin, but the gameplay is pretty much 1st-person shooter Diablo, which is fine by me. Some of the quests can be a little annoying because their navigation kind of sucks, and are are more than a few small technical issues, but overall I'd say it's a game worth getting.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
No but I played the awesome Borderlands2 flash game: http://wubwub.eu/demake.php

Got to level 113 and over 300k points. Get at me.
Just get a straight-shooting rail gun as Zero (if it shoots 2 directions, even better), and you've won the game. You don't even need to open new loot containers at that point, you literally can't lose.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just get a straight-shooting rail gun as Zero (if it shoots 2 directions, even better), and you've won the game. You don't even need to open new loot containers at that point, you literally can't lose.
I got the double straight shooting rail gun with the slow dude, yeah you can't lose. The only reason I lost is because it was getting tedious because I was basically just grinding, so lost on purpose. The leaderboard system doesn't seem to work though so I basically did all that work for nothing, lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
pre ordered it on PSN,gonna get it in 2 days,can't wait,also got the premier club upgrade for free

i was pretty hype for the first borderlands but i actually never even played it

my little brother got borderlands 2 so i'll probably be trying it out lol

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
I played around a bit on it yesterday with a couple friends, it's pretty fun. I miss Lilith's phase walking ability, but Maya's pretty okay. Plays significantly different (at least from what I've seen).

I want to punch Claptrap in the face every time he speaks though.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I played around a bit on it yesterday with a couple friends, it's pretty fun. I miss Lilith's phase walking ability, but Maya's pretty okay. Plays significantly different (at least from what I've seen).

I want to punch Claptrap in the face every time he speaks though.
I never messed with either of the girls, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. I've got Zero at level 15(?) and his crazy ninja ability is just awesome. I started playing with Axton last night, and though the character is pretty lame, his turret ability (and even his non-turret abilities) all kick total ass. I'm pretty sure he literally can't be killed after a certain point because of all the health buffs, regeneration, and shield abilities he gets.

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
Yeah. I was running with a Zero and Axton and honestly, as Maya I felt pretty useless. I'd trap something in a bubble for a few seconds and they'd just curb stomp pretty much everything else. We only made it to level 9, but Maya feels significantly weaker then Lilith.

It's possible that I'm playing her wrong, which is the likely case since I'm not very good at the game. She's alright, but her specials seem less effective than Zero's and Axton. She is great for support though, and the bubble is a great initiator. Trapping a bad-ass, even for a few seconds, makes fights significantly easier.

And yes, Axton's turret kicks the crap out of Roland's one.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah. I was running with a Zero and Axton and honestly, as Maya I felt pretty useless. I'd trap something in a bubble for a few seconds and they'd just curb stomp pretty much everything else. We only made it to level 9, but Maya feels significantly weaker then Lilith.

It's possible that I'm playing her wrong, which is the likely case since I'm not very good at the game. She's alright, but her specials seem less effective than Zero's and Axton. She is great for support though, and the bubble is a great initiator. Trapping a bad-ass, even for a few seconds, makes fights significantly easier.

And yes, Axton's turret kicks the crap out of Roland's one.
I was wondering about that, and that's the primary reason I didn't pick her up. Trapping a single enemy in a bubble seems like a low-level crowd-control spell, and not something you want to base an entire character around. "Let's see, I can create exploding holograms that make me invisible and double my melee damage, summon a turret that protects me and kills like everything else, dual wield missile launchers, or put an enemy in a bubble like a Megaman villain...I'm going to go with bubbles..."

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
I was wondering about that, and that's the primary reason I didn't pick her up. Trapping a single enemy in a bubble seems like a low-level crowd-control spell, and not something you want to base an entire character around. "Let's see, I can create exploding holograms that double my melee damage, summon a turret that protects me and kills all my enemies, dual wield missile launchers, or put an enemy in a bubble like a Megaman villain...I'm going to go with bubbles..."
I'm hoping it becomes viable as she levels up. Lilith was pretty weak at the start too and by mid game (and end game) she was a monster. I've poked around at some of the higher end talents she can pick up and some of them might make the bubble a bit more significant, but I don't know how well it will compare to the others.

And honestly, I'd rather the bubble than the dual wield ability, and after Roland's pansy-ass turret I wasn't gushing at the opportunity to play Axton. I'm hoping she'll scale better late game but right now Maya seems pretty lackluster. She seems to lack the escape/survivability options that the others have.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I like Roland the most which means Axton is my go to guy,i also liked his ability the most+his skills were the most useful IMO.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I like Roland the most which means Axton is my go to guy,i also liked his ability the most+his skills were the most useful IMO.
I just finished looking over Axton's skill trees at the Borderlands website character creator (http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/commando.html) and you can make him and his turret insanely good. Without messing with reload speed, recoil reduction, or fight-for-your-life perks, you can get his last ability in the Survival Tree (double turrets!) and still get down to row 4 in the Guerrilla Tree (extra grenades)! That means he has a shit load of health and shields that both regenerate with every kill, his 2 turrets shoot a ton of shots and missiles, he has 2 force fields, the turrets last longer and can be used more frequently (meaning he should almost always be able to have them out), and he's going into each fight with more grenades than any other character. Ho-ly-shit.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I just finished looking over Axton's skill trees at the Borderlands website character creator (http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/commando.html) and you can make him and his turret insanely good. Without messing with reload speed, recoil reduction, or fight-for-your-life perks, you can get his last ability in the Survival Tree (double turrets!) and still get down to row 4 in the Guerrilla Tree (extra grenades)! That means he has a shit load of health and shields that both regenerate with every kill, his 2 turrets shoot a ton of shots and missiles, he has 2 force fields, the turrets last longer and can be used more frequently (meaning he should almost always be able to have them out), and he's going into each fight with more grenades than any other character. Ho-ly-shit.
I really don't like upgrading the turret when i can upgrade my own firepower instead,however if a great skill requires something of the turret when i will,i just prefer my guns to be stronger and hold more ammo,i really don't remember when it was but my Roland on my banned acc had a sweet 400 bullets per mag AR.

Roland was very underpowered in BL,looks like they're making up for it in BL2 and making Zer0 OP as fuck (for PVE)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Borderlands 1 was fun but I never cared to beat it. I have a feeling this would be the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Borderlands 1 was fun but I never cared to beat it. I have a feeling this would be the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Same here. I bought the first one on impulse, I was in a game shop during my dinner at college and bought it at full price. I never got THAT far in, it was fun for a while but then I guess I just became bored and had no interest in playing it, even with co-op.

After watching an hour of the second one, it looks pretty much the same.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Same here. I bought the first one on impulse, I was in a game shop during my dinner at college and bought it at full price. I never got THAT far in, it was fun for a while but then I guess I just became bored and had no interest in playing it, even with co-op.

After watching an hour of the second one, it looks pretty much the same.
me and suomi have been cooping for over a week,its awesome

SUOMIPOIKA