What's new

Tech - Goro Anti-Wakeup Option Select, All Variations

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Sup dudes and dudettes, I've got some nice tech to always put knockdowns in your favour when playing as Goro. When knocking an opponent down, you can input a d1 and buffer EX Punchwalk such that if timed right, the last of the active frames of d1 will cancel into the EX Punchwalk and let you blow through the enemies wakeup. If they choose to delay their getup, the d1 comes out without the EX PW and you're free to continue your offence as you please. This works against all of the dangerous armoured wakeups, such as Reptiles EX Slide, Cassies EX Flip kick and all of Kung Lao's EX Spins. I haven't test all wakeups, so if you find that this doesn't work so well against certain wakeups let me know if that's the case and I'll make a list in the OP so we all know.

This is all explained in the video below, so sit back and enjoy. :)

Let me know what you guys think, and if there's any questions or comments you have, shoot em at me.

(PS: If anyone knows how to edit Acclaim out of the intro clip and chuck 'Cabjoy Presents' there in place somehow, I'd be eternally grateful ;P )

@Espio
@Metzos
@YOMI FOREVER KING

Last edited:
While they are similar, the two set ups are different.

By using a d1 instead of b3/b1 the option select is more optimized for dealing with both delayed wake up timings.

However, using d1 opens the door to the opponent "beating" the set up by getting hit by the d1, then blocking the ex pw... which entails a big risk by the opponent, and doesn't lead to Goro getting punished, so it still has a good risk/reward ratio.

All in all I'm inclined to favor Cabjoy's set up to the old one.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
While they are similar, the two set ups are different.

By using a d1 instead of b3/b1 the option select is more optimized for dealing with both delayed wake up timings.

However, using d1 opens the door to the opponent "beating" the set up by getting hit by the d1, then blocking the ex pw... But that's something you only have to worry about in a really long set. Even then if entails a big risk by the opponent, and it doesn't lead to Goro getting punished, so it still has a good risk/reward ratio.

All in all I'm inclined to favor Cabjoy's set up to the old one.
Yeah the ability to recover and still maintain pressure is huge. You can mix it up between the two basically, and while the concept was shown back in May, I don't think it was explored completely.