What's new

Anti wake up set up for most of the cast

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Hi guys. The idea is from Vulcan Hades find with his Stryker, but it works with other characters. I am sorry about my english, but that is my 3-d language, so don't juge me so hard. Anyway you will get the point.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
This is very nice work, a lot of potential. When I get home I'll be looking for things similar to this for my kharacters, too bad only kharacters I play with armor are Raiden and Scorpion. Just shows you how much of a difference armor can make.

Roko1985

This is very nice work, a lot of potential. When I get home I'll be looking for things similar to this for my kharacters, too bad only kharacters I play with armor are Raiden and Scorpion. Just shows you how much of a difference armor can make.
With Raiden will work B3(buffer X-ray or En shoker)12. B3 has good range.

Roko1985

That's what I was just about to try out, good to know that works. Thanks.
Just make sure the b3 wiff if tey are just blocking and the 12 hit them. Otherwise you can burn your meter for nothing. If the b3 hit on block the X-ray will come out. I didn't try ,but maybe b2(X-ray or En shoker)f1,1+2 may wotk aswell.Give it a try.

Oh god, I was afraid of this. Please guys, don't use this. It's too unreliable + heavily character specific.

The only way it can work is if you have a poke that WILL whiff 100% if the opponent doesn't do anything or stays grounded. The poke needs to make contact with the wake up attack moving forward only. But getting the spacing and timing right on some characters is so hard I can't recommend it.

Use D1/D3/D4 and buffer a special in anticipation of Jax's Dash Punch, Nightwolf's Shoulder Tackle and ninja teleports. It's safe that way because their specials hit high.

If you have a good poke or string and you still want to try this, you need to make sure the spacing and timing will be the same if they roll back or not. Which is much harder than you think. You need specific setups that will leave you and your opponent at ideal distances. Also, ideally you want to use pokes that stay active for a long time.

btw this will NEVER work on Kano, JC, Reptile, Cyrax, Mileena, Kenshi etc. and it will be extremely difficult to do on Raiden, Noob, Baraka, Sub and other characters.

From my experience this works best on Kabal, Jax, Nightwolf, Sonya, Sindel, Sektor, Shang Tsung and Stryker. Basically characters with shit/slower/vulnerable wake up attacks.

Roko1985

Oh god, I was afraid of this. Please guys, don't use this too much. It's too unreliable + heavily character specific.

The only way it can work is if you have a poke that WILL whiff 100% if the opponent doesn't do anything or stays grounded. The poke needs to make contact with the wake up attack moving forward only. But getting the spacing and timing right on some characters is so hard I can't recommend it.

Use D1/D3/D4 and buffer a special in anticipation of Jax's Dash Punch, Nightwolf's Shoulder Tackle and ninja teleports. It's safe that way because their specials hit high.

If you have a good poke or string and you still want to try this, you need to make sure the spacing and timing will be the same if they roll back or not. Which is much harder than you think. You need specific setups that will leave you and your opponent at ideal distances. Also, ideally you want to use pokes that stay active for a long time.

btw this will NEVER work on Kano, JC, Reptile, Cyrax, Mileena, Kenshi etc. and it will be extremely difficult to do on Raiden, Noob, Baraka, Sub and other characters.

From my experience this works best on Kabal, Jax, Nightwolf, Sonya, Sindel, Sektor, Shang Tsung and Stryker. Basically characters with shit/slower/vulnerable wake up attacks.
That is the good thing.It works against characters with safe wake ups. With those i have problem the most. And why is difficult to do on Sub and Baraka? Sub have to use slide, cause the clone will not come out if you are close and Baraka blade charge or other wake up that moves him forword to you. I am not saying that you can use it all the time, but can be usefull if you mix it up. I tryed it online and caches people.And specialy near the corner.

Roko1985

Oh god, I was afraid of this. Please guys, don't use this too much. It's too unreliable + heavily character specific.

I will give you an example with Sub. JIP b12 freeze, NJP dash 1, b12, 21, jump over him(on the other side) 3(buffer x-ray or en slide)1......if they just block after cancel into clone. It depends which character you are fighting..........I am sure there is more set ups that works better.

Roko said:
3(buffer x-ray or en slide)1......if they just block after cancel into clone.
No if you buffer X-Ray or EX move on a point blank 3 it's too late. You can't "cancel into clone if you see them block".

You cannot "cancel" the buffer. It's supposed to cancel itself on whiff. But if you touch them in any possible way (no matter if they wake up attack, do nothing, stay grounded or block) it WILL trigger the buffer and the buffer will have priority over everything else you try and input after it. Please try to understand that. And also try to understand that this can ONLY WORK ON A FEW CHARACTERS THAT HAVE ADVANCING WAKE UP ATTACKS. If you think otherwise you definitely don't get it and you don't understand why this works in the first place.

I think I'll have to make a new video explaining why this is so freaking bad and unreliable. Because a lot of you just don't get what an option-select is supposed to be.

Roko1985

No if you buffer X-Ray or EX move on a point blank 3 it's too late. You can't "cancel into clone if you see them block".

You cannot "cancel" the buffer. It's supposed to cancel itself on whiff. But if you touch them in any possible way (no matter if they wake up attack, do nothing, stay grounded or block) it WILL trigger the buffer and the buffer will have priority over everything else you try and input after it. Please try to understand that. And also try to understand that this can ONLY WORK ON A FEW CHARACTERS THAT HAVE ADVANCING WAKE UP ATTACKS. If you think otherwise you definitely don't get it and you don't understand why this works in the first place.

I think I'll have to make a new video explaining why this is so freaking bad and unreliable. Because a lot of you just don't get what an option-select is supposed to be.[/quoteI am sorry I ment 1(X-ray)3 cancel into clone. The 3 moves you forword.

Roko1985

I think I'll have to make a new video explaining why this is so freaking bad and unreliable. Because a lot of you just don't get what an option-select is supposed to be.
I am sorry....I ment 1(X-ray)3 cancel(on block) into clone. the 3 moves you forward.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
This is a really broken set up but very usefull and anything is welcome here:) ill do whatever it takes to win.