What's new

Strategy Anti-Crossups

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Not sure where else to post this so I made a new thread. Im kinda curious in CSZ as a tertiary since Skarlet is just too stiff for me and was playing around with him the other day with sum1 else. We found that on a cross up both versions of his ice beam make him lean back and change his hurtbox so that jps will whiff, at least for the most part.

The normal version was ok but the EX seemed really consistent. I cant remember if we tested against j 3/4s. Tp would get CSZ out of danger (which isnt big since all chars can jump away from crossups) but EX TP lead to damage, whether it was jps or j3/4.

I know that ice parry prob makes the most sense to use but the other options can lead to more damage. Was wondering what you guys thought.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Ice parry is your best bet. Or d3. But if you really can use a metter, or need the damage, then ex tele is viabale. But EX Ice parry is still better. The only real problem is getting your inputs crossed up. Worst part of it. Makes me sad.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Ok thank you. Ever since I got back from MLG Ive been trying to get it in my head that when my char is getting crossuped, that I gotta already have it in my muscle memory to do the anti-crossup special in reverse. For example, if I use Smoke's TP (qcb 4) then when my Smoke is getting crossed up I gotta think to input fireball 4.

Altaire

Noob
The parry gets blown up if your opponent just does a naked a jump. I don't like the guessing game, personally. Your best anti-crossup options are standing 1, D1 or just D3 to duck under it. I'm going to try this iceball trick though, that sounds very interesting.

Flagg

Noob
It's annoying not having access to the game for awhile, but i've been brainstorming...can you conceivably "dash back" and out of danger if you're being crossed up?