What's new

Another game ruined by EA...

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-features-info-ps3-and-360

So if you don't feel like reading the link, EA are removing Pro Clubs (a game mode that's been in almost every FIFA last gen) from FIFA 15 for PS3 and 360. The game mode will be retained for PS4 and XBone.

EA in the link above, claim that it's due to the "limitations of the consoles" or due to EA 'not having the time and resources.' Not only that, but they decided to announce this a mere month before FIFA 15 release, just casually throwing it in a small paragraph, as to lose as few sales as possible. I guarantee that most people that play FIFA won't even know about this unless they follow FIFA 15 news. There seems to be no clear reason why this mode should be removed, it's not as if they're adding some super awesome mega ultra game mode to FIFA 15 to replace it.

I understand that the majority of people here won't play FIFA. I also understand that I'm going to receive the 'OMGZ GETZ A PS4/XBONE DEN, NERD' replies. Nothing is making it worthwhile to buy one right now.

I play Pro Clubs with a couple of friends and it's the only game one of them plays, I've played FIFA with him since about 2009, Pro Clubs being our only mode. He lives in Canada and the time difference makes it tough to play a lot, he plays when he gets home from work, which is around 7pm for him, and 2am for me.

Point is; EA continue to be dickbags.

TKB

Noob
EA has been going downhill for a while. I don't play FIFA but I can sympathize with you and your situation. Hopefully you and your friends will still be able to play and have fun.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Wow, even for EA this is a whole new low. Pro clubs is one of the best game modes and if I wasn't already getting the game for PS4 I'd be livid. What a Dick move.
Ba Dum Tssss

They also removed EASHL from NHL15 the main mode I played with my friends in prior versions (though admittedly I was so pissed with the steps backward they took in NHL13 that I never bought 14). The company is garbage, they ruin everything they touch and they just keep nickle and diming consumers. EA Access subscription is such a fucking joke. Pay a subscription so that you can beta test their games for them and get 10% discounts. It used to be that companies paid people to beta test their games not the other way around. Preordering for early access wasn't enough now they gotta charge you year round even when you may not be interested in any of the games they are releasing.

I don't plan on buying any of their games this year and really hope some sort of competition steps in so that they stop screwing the consumers so hard. They've been added to my blacklist of developers alongside Activision and Bioware (which is basically EA now).