What's new

Match Footage aNinj's Post-Patch "Analyze Me" Skarlet Video 3

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Whew...3 solid hours of uploading later, here's 7 more fights. The first one is a rematch against the TS39 Sindel from my post yesterday. In this one the matchup is (in order):
TS39 Sindel
TS29 Baraka
TS34 Kung Lao
TS29 Sheeva
TS34 Nightwolf
TS32 Johnny Cage
TS9 Scorpion (for funsies)

Enjoy! And leave comments :grr:

P.S. really sorry for the sometimes crappy visibility in these matches. I'm saving up to buy a nice TV (moved recently, it's rather expensive) which will solve the issue.. I expect to have one within a month. I'll be posting some more in-training videos though soon enough, and those will be fine.

Ninj

Can I reply to my own?

One thing I'm working on, is punishing with f3,1,db2 starter opposed to 212, as it yields higher damage than 212 can now.

Drayn0

Noob
Rlly nice fights. Your skarlet is much better than mine. It also plays alot diffrent from mine as well. I tend to zone and use the reset every time I combo.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Ninj, I ran into you a couple times on ranked the other day and had no idea how to fight you. Alot of that is due to me having almost no skarlet matchup experience, but good stuff.

Ninj

Ninj, I ran into you a couple times on ranked the other day and had no idea how to fight you. Alot of that is due to me having almost no skarlet matchup experience, but good stuff.
Yeah I remember playing you a couple times.

This just in: I've ordered a 42" tv. I'll have it next week.

Ninj

wow dude this is incredible. her b34 ( i believe) makes her combos ender look fancy =]
I believe you mean f4,3 (the standing double kick?) but yeah haha it does look fancy, and does good damage and knocks them away from you. There are some other uses for f4 which I'll be outlining soon in a video.

Gambini

Noob
For the problems with the darkness, try to take off the auto white balance on your droid. If you skip through the video a few times, you can see your wall being dark on the dark levels and lighter on the light levels due to white balance changing. Having it fixed (as in not-auto) should give you some consistency at least.

You play a mean Skarlet, and I hope to see some more :).

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, there is not a lot of skarlet players which makes her stronger and that's one of the reasons I decided to play her.

Nice vidéo man, buy a dazzle and it will be perfect to get more fans haha ^^

Ninj

For the problems with the darkness, try to take off the auto white balance on your droid. If you skip through the video a few times, you can see your wall being dark on the dark levels and lighter on the light levels due to white balance changing. Having it fixed (as in not-auto) should give you some consistency at least.

You play a mean Skarlet, and I hope to see some more :).
Thanks for the tip. You'll be getting more soon!

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
These matches were helpful to watch. It was funny to see your style change when that scorpion had nothing on you, you started throwing out b2 starters out of nowhere, then lol at the 48% combo to end it.

Thanks for all of the hard work and time you've put into sharing all of this stuff.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
What does TSnumber mean? Is it some kind of ranking system? I see that players with higher TS are better players.

Ninj

Not bad this makes me study skarlet even more..
Eh, these are ok. I've changed my strategy alot since these videos. I recorded about a dozen fights this morning, and I'll record some more and get them put together for people to watch.

Been very busy IRL guys - the Guide has been put on hold for the moment. Just not enough time in the day.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Eh, these are ok. I've changed my strategy alot since these videos. I recorded about a dozen fights this morning, and I'll record some more and get them put together for people to watch.

Been very busy IRL guys - the Guide has been put on hold for the moment. Just not enough time in the day.
I recorded our matches today... I can post them up here if you want me to. I have no problem showing off your skills :)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Talking to Altaire last night on the chat got me all sorts of hype for adding The Blood Princess to the repetoire.

Jade's still an idea in progress, but if I can get a better hold on Red than Green, that's where I'll be headed.

She will be mine. Oh, yes...she will be mine.

Ninj

I recorded our matches today... I can post them up here if you want me to. I have no problem showing off your skills :)
Yeah man that's cool with me. You did far better as JC, but he's a strong matchup against Skarlet so that makes sense.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Yeah man that's cool with me. You did far better as JC, but he's a strong matchup against Skarlet so that makes sense.
Yeah I was having button delay... which is my fault for playing on my parents shitty connection. I don't blame that for my losses... most of them you simply made better reads. I really have no idea how to fight Skarlet... which is why i enjoy figuring it out by playing you. I cussed a few times out of sheer amusement at how well you would read something. I will try to get them up by tomorrow, since the entire set was 48 minutes or so!!! :)

Ninj

Yeah I was having button delay... which is my fault for playing on my parents shitty connection. I don't blame that for my losses... most of them you simply made better reads. I really have no idea how to fight Skarlet... which is why i enjoy figuring it out by playing you. I cussed a few times out of sheer amusement at how well you would read something. I will try to get them up by tomorrow, since the entire set was 48 minutes or so!!! :)
Sub-Zero has a hard time against Skarlet because he loses his ability to zone her if she has any meter.

48 minutes, damn. That's some good stuff.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Rlly nice fights. Your skarlet is much better than mine. It also plays alot diffrent from mine as well. I tend to zone and use the reset every time I combo.
About her resets.........can you give some examples? I am using resets alot and i don't know many with Skarlet.

Roko1985

Can I reply to my own?

One thing I'm working on, is punishing with f3,1,db2 starter opposed to 212, as it yields higher damage than 212 can now.
Your skarlet is really sick. Probably the best i've ever seen. But can you please give the inputs for the most damageing punish combo and for those combos at 1:30 , 7:42 , 9:58 , 12:25 , 13:00(new with Skarlen). And can you apload some more fights? Thanks in advance!

Ninj

Your skarlet is really sick. Probably the best i've ever seen. But can you please give the inputs for the most damageing punish combo and for those combos at 1:30 , 7:42 , 9:58 , 12:25 , 13:00(new with Skarlen). And can you apload some more fights? Thanks in advance!
Eh, I don't really use the 2,1,2 combo starter very much of the time anymore if I can help it. But the combo's you're looking at are things like:

D1- means dagger cancel - DF1(hold 1, then dash [xx] out of it to continue a combo)

2,1,2,D1- xx 2,3,D1- xx 2,3,DF3,4

F2,1,2,1+2,:enDF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

Umm...

JiP,B2,DB2 xx B2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,:enDB2 xx F4,3

That kind of thing. A lot of great combos are located here: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11831-Post-Patch-Skarlet-Combo-s

Roko1985

Eh, I don't really use the 2,1,2 combo starter very much of the time anymore if I can help it. But the combo's you're looking at are things like:

D1- means dagger cancel - DF1(hold 1, then dash [xx] out of it to continue a combo)

2,1,2,D1- xx 2,3,D1- xx 2,3,DF3,4

F2,1,2,1+2,:enDF3,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,4

Umm...

JiP,B2,DB2 xx B2,DB2 xx 2,3,DF3,:enDB2 xx F4,3

That kind of thing. A lot of great combos are located here: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11831-Post-Patch-Skarlet-Combo-s
Thanks alot.....i am going to the lab.