What's new

An important feature to go along with the rollback netcode

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I think the ability to adjust your input lag preference should be added to options. Most games that have a rollback net code have this option. For example, if you feel the rollback is to heavy at 0 frames of lag you can move up to 1 or 2 frames.

I feel it's important because it let's the player decide their preference and everybody is happy. I personally would set mine to 0 and maybe move it up to 1 if I'm going to be playing someone further away from me.

@colt @16 Bit

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think the ability to adjust your input lag preference should be added to options. Most games that have a rollback net code have this option. For example, if you feel the rollback is to heavy at 0 frames of lag you can move up to 1 or 2 frames.

I feel it's important because it let's the player decide their preference and everybody is happy. I personally would set mine to 0 and maybe move it up to 1 if I'm going to be playing someone further away from me.

@colt
yeah this be cool

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I agree. Generally, most games with a rollback netcode feature this option. Normally by setting a standard 3 frame delay, you can play smooth games without much rollback.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I believe that SF 3: Third Strike does this as well?
Yes as well as most other rollback games. Final fight Double Impact, Dungeons and Dragons, Super Street Fighter 2 turbo HD remix, Darkstalkers and as mentioned Skullgirls. The original GGPO PC program also had this option.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Kind of off-topic but as of now, it does what I believe GGXrd does which it automatically sets the input delay after judging how good the connection between 2 people are.

I notice that some of my matches especially very early on had a lot of skips and rollbacks but was very responsive and some during yesterday where it felt no different to what the current MKX Online is. Of course this only applied to the shaky connections.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Kind of off-topic but as of now, it does what I believe GGXrd does which it automatically sets the input delay after judging how good the connection between 2 people are.

I notice that some of my matches especially very early on had a lot of skips and rollbacks but was very responsive and some during yesterday where it felt no different to what the current MKX Online is. Of course this only applied to the shaky connections.
Yea Xrd is weird like that. I would love it if they let us manually set the input delay, then gave an automatic option for the people who don't know/care what that means.