What's new

Am I a jerk?

Derek

Noob
So I like to play late at night where I can just sit back and have some fun with scrubs, I purposely let them win the second round to destroy them in the third and mercy just for some more fun. Anyone else do this?

ded

Elder God
i was always wondering what excactly scrub in terms of "skill playing" means :roll:

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Scrubs to me are not people who don't know how to play, they are people who base their game off 1 dimensional strategy and can beat the general populace but stand no chance against real players.

Ie: All day Robot Smoke teleport uppercuts, only using one or two very powerful characters but only marginally effective, only run jabs, only turtling, only going for combos, zero adaptation, no mix ups at all. You might have to play only one way to beat them, and it's not fun.

ded

Elder God
ok so bill is a scrub? if so i dont think most users here realize what scrub means...

I did this sort of thing in Tekken. watchin noobs pick no one else BUT Eddy Gordo, Hwoarang, and Law button mashing their asses off to get a lucky win, and Scrubs picking Paul, and Jin because they think ONE move will do it all. I let them win the first round, just to hear the shit talk come out of them, then when round 2 comes, I give them the ill rapist smile :twisted: , then in a matter of seconds they're off the machines and they fret. I would ask them "what happened, you were the man five seconds ago!!" - a new low. I felt like a jerk all those times, but I did it to put scrubs in their place before they become real jerks in a way they would get beat up in real life. That's when I didn't feel like a jerk anymore, I felt like a hero.
On the other hand, I never talked shit in UMK3, i never was a bad kid (12yrs old) and i liked the challenge of fighting pros.

Scrub in my mind is someone that doesn't have much knowledge of the game. Basically what you guys said.

Sugar, You're not a jerk if you do that. I do the same thing. It just bothers people. Doesn't make you the bad person.

Scheisse said:
Scrub is a generic term. It just means of poor quality. You can even use it as a verb like if you lost because the other player got really lucky and they aren't a good player, "You got scrubbed"

Shock is just explaining what he thinks is a scrub in umk3.
quote for the truth

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
you're not jerk. you're just showing off lol
I don't do that anymore. not a single round to anyone! if I lose, is because I sucked and/or the other guy pwned me...