What's new

Alternate way to train

This is the method i've been using for a while since my friends cry about me not playing the way they do, the online is still awful on PSN and since ladder can only get you so far.

-It's a simple method really choose the character you want to practice with or main and go into training mode, make sure you choose to fight the character you are practicing with.

-Spend about 20-30 mins( or more if you want) learning BnB combos and finding some of your own. If you like the charcter then you can move on but if you find it difficult to get the BnB down or just don't like the combos then choose someone else and try again.

- After getting used to your combos set the AI to medium and see what you can and cant perform. ( this step is just to help cement the combos into your head and cause you to react when there is sombody trying to stop you)

-Once you think your ready to move on change the diffuculty to hard and continue fighting as you where on medium. ( at this point you will actually figure out what combos you will and wont use)

- Yet again if you think your ready to move on then go and set the difficulty to expert and continue to fight. At this point you should have a firm grasp on what combos you can pull off when you want to and which ones you can only pull off every once in a while. (watch what happens when you fight your own character you should see how instead of massive combos they tend to hit you with things you wouldn't think of trying)

Last minute tips:

- Spend a good bit of time when doing the expert fight, you'll figure out how well you react in pressure and how well your defense is since the AI mainly will rush at you playing a rush heavy offense.

- Avoid trying to do the ladde at first since yes you do get to fight multipule enemies but the fights are short and don't allow much practice and once you get to the kintaro/shao khan fights theres really no point to keep going until the DLC for them comes out.

- this is by no means beats playing actuall people but if your online is terrible or you don't have any real offline players then this is the closest you will get.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
If I may offer an additional step after the Expert AI in Practice mode, you can get further insight into your character by doing the following:

1. Select Ladder and play as your character (difficulty may or may not matter)
2. Exit and repeat 1 until your first match is your character at either the Temple, Pit (Night), or Living Forest
3. Unlock the secret fight, and when that fight starts, pause and go to player select.
4. Select your character and start.

If you do this, you'll fight the character before the secret fight, except with secret fight AI.

Eazail

Noob
If I may offer an additional step after the Expert AI in Practice mode, you can get further insight into your character by doing the following:

1. Select Ladder and play as your character (difficulty may or may not matter)
2. Exit and repeat 1 until your first match is your character at either the Temple, Pit (Night), or Living Forest
3. Unlock the secret fight, and when that fight starts, pause and go to player select.
4. Select your character and start.

If you do this, you'll fight the character before the secret fight, except with secret fight AI.
I learned to use most of the characters I use by fighting the AI on expert difficulty