What's new

Alternate controls are still screwed up.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The recent patch fixed some buffering issues but alternate controls still have a huge flaw. Directional inputs, even when held are stored and count as the first part of a dash input. This makes it easy to accidentally dash in any direction when just going to neutral and hitting the same direction again. If you don't want to dash you must wait till the buffer window is over or hit another direction before moving the way you need to. This makes basic movement overly complicated.

The fix actually just fixed the issue where you would get a dash from :l:qtl:l. That thankfully doesn t happen anymore.

Directions in alternate controls are stored so that players don't have to return to neutral before doing specials. This is a good thing considering the moves require more inputs. The problem is that it also applies to forward and back dashes.

Honestly, with the new buffer fix to normal controls the game controls a lot better for me now. I still have some issues but it's not nearly as bad as dealing with the dash issue. Still I just figured I'd make a thread to point out that the problem is still there for alternate control users.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

does the down block to f2 with superman still give you scoop?
In normal controls I still get errors like that but not as much. That's why I always play alt controls but the dash issue is too hard to deal with imo.

Scoot Magee

can you give me an example?
im not sure what ur problem is

i will try it ;)
Hold a direction, stop and hit the direction again. You'll get a dash if it's within the buffer window. This won't happen at all with alt controls set to off because it doesn't store your held directional input. I shouldn't get a dash just because I stop walking and decide to move again but it constantly happens in alt controls. Movement is considerably better when alt is switched off.

thanks
thats not looking good.

the best way to play this game is with all turned to off.
like this u can play it without any problem.
it required a little bit Execution but its super eazy.