What's new

Match-up Discussion Alright, here is my Deathstroke matchup chart, would like to hear the thoughts of the community

Been playing Deathstroke since day 1, and I have played against a good amount of the cast to a great extent (will put a star by matchups I dnt know as well yet), so this is my matchup chart, and I'd like to get some good ol discussion going:
Aquaman: 5-5
Ares: 5-5
*Bane: 7-3
*Batgirl: 4-6
Batman: 5-5
Black Adam: 4-6
Catwoman: 5-5
Cyborg: 6-4
Doomsday: 5-5
Flash: 5-5
*Green Arrow: 5-5
Green Lantern: 5-5
*Harley Quinn: 6-4
*Hawkgirl: 6-4
*Joker: 6-4
Killer Frost: 4-6
Lex Luthor: 6-4
*Lobo: 6-4
Nightwing: 5-5
Raven: 5-5
Scorpion: 3-7
Shazam: 6-4
Sinestro: 5-5
Solomon Grundy: 6-4
Superman: 4-6
*Wonder Woman: 5-5
Zod: TBD

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Flash vs Deathstroke.
6-4 Flash favor once he gets in Deathstroke cant do much. I've studied this match up hard.
One mistake by deathstroke, ends up in 60%.
Once gun shot at the wrong distance = lc.
Deathstroke cannot keep flash out.
And the last thing deathstroke wants is flash inside.

Espio

Kokomo
Hawkgirl loses 3-7 to Deathstroke in my opinion.

I can explain why I believe that if needed.

Edit: Not only does Deathstroke outzone her and shuts down her trait...he also beats her up close with superior normals and mix ups. So when Hawkgirl does get in, she's still at a disadvantage.

This is not counting his ability to crush her wake up game with his forward three and things like that.

Also, Deathstroke getting nerfed did not really impact Hawkgirl because she still can't punish him unless it's at point blank range on gun shots.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Aquaman: 4-6
Batman: 4-6
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 5-5
Killer Frost: 3-7
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Nightwing: 4-6
Raven: 4-6
Scorpion: 2-8
Solomon Grundy: 5-5
Wonder Woman: 4-6

As I have always said, Deathstroke is low mid tier.

Flash vs Deathstroke.
6-4 Flash favor once he gets in Deathstroke cant do much. I've studied this match up hard.
One mistake by deathstroke, ends up in 60%.
Once gun shot at the wrong distance = lc.
Deathstroke cannot keep flash out.
And the last thing deathstroke wants is flash inside.
I actually know this matchup (and played flash myself/ a few good flashes online), and i'd have to disagree. flash doesn't have much an answer for j3 of course/ has to deal with DS's 50/50s as well. DS's 7 frame mid hitting forward 2 will definitely benefit him once flash gets in. Correct me if i'm wrong, but ex guns beat out flash's shake right? and ds can save his meter without worrying due to the fact he doesn't need meter to do the damage he needs to do. Maybe it is 5-5, but I couldn't say it is flash's favor unless. Also, i'd hope a DS wouldn't do guns a dangerous situation where they can get blown up lol, but it happens to the best of us.

Aquaman: 4-6
Batman: 4-6
Flash: 4-6
Green Arrow: 5-5
Killer Frost: 3-7
Hawkgirl: 6-4
Nightwing: 4-6
Raven: 4-6
Scorpion: 2-8
Solomon Grundy: 5-5
Wonder Woman: 4-6

As I have always said, Deathstroke is low mid tier.
Care to explain? and he is more "low high tier/ high mid tier" without a doubt. No way he loses to all those characters lol, you going to have to bring some very convincing info to prove all those matchups go that way.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
He fucking obliterates Hawkgirl. I've been doing work in that one against multiple Hawkgirl players and she just absolutely gets blown the fuck out. It's a 7-3 at best for her. She cannot wake up against DS at all - deep j3 and deep f3 beat every option she has, forcing her to block and guess correctly (or pushblock - and that's not a good option either because she's a very meter intense character), has no real mixup and weaker damage than DS. At full screen she's just a poor man's Superman, and in mid-screen the only way she can make any use of the air at all is godlike reads. If she goes aerial and throws maces, all you have to do is back away or jump and punish with correct spacing - it's also possible to dash under them and get close to her, putting her in a range where DS is clearly superior. I just don't see how she can win that match.

Black Adam is touchy, but I feel it's a 5-5. Deathstroke has less room for error arguably, but whoever's getting forced to go in is the one who's going to lose that match. Just about getting an early life lead and being vigilant and lame to keep it.

Pig believes Sinestro beats Deathstroke. I haven't played that matchup enough to know, and I do need to see if I can get him to fight me. I'm not aiming to argue with one of the best Sinestro players without personally testing him.

Superman is a 5-5 as well. DS has good answers to f23 pressure, and at 3/4 to full screen Deathstroke wins the zoning war much more handily than most people believe. Superman has great damage, but Deathstroke has much, much better ways to set his up.

Everything else looks solid. Pretty good chart.

Hawkgirl loses 3-7 to Deathstroke in my opinion.

I can explain why I believe that if needed.

Edit: Not only does Deathstroke outzone her and shuts down her trait...he also beats her up close with superior normals and mix ups. So when Hawkgirl does get in, she's still at a disadvantage.

This is not counting his ability to crush her wake up game with his forward three and things like that.

Also, Deathstroke getting nerfed did not really impact Hawkgirl because she still can't punish him unless it's at point blank range on gun shots.
ah ok, great points. I can respect that, thanks for the info.

He fucking obliterates Hawkgirl. I've been doing work in that one against multiple Hawkgirl players and she just absolutely gets blown the fuck out. It's a 7-3 at best for her. She cannot wake up against DS at all - deep j3 and deep f3 beat every option she has, forcing her to block and guess correctly (or pushblock - and that's not a good option either because she's a very meter intense character), has no real mixup and weaker damage than DS. At full screen she's just a poor man's Superman, and in mid-screen the only way she can make any use of the air at all is godlike reads. If she goes aerial and throws maces, all you have to do is back away or jump and punish with correct spacing - it's also possible to dash under them and get close to her, putting her in a range where DS is clearly superior. I just don't see how she can win that match.

Black Adam is touchy, but I feel it's a 5-5. Deathstroke has less room for error arguably, but whoever's getting forced to go in is the one who's going to lose that match. Just about getting an early life lead and being vigilant and lame to keep it.

Pig believes Sinestro beats Deathstroke. I haven't played that matchup enough to know, and I do need to see if I can get him to fight me. I'm not aiming to argue with one of the best Sinestro players without personally testing him.

Superman is a 5-5 as well. DS has good answers to f23 pressure, and at 3/4 to full screen Deathstroke wins the zoning war much more handily than most people believe. Superman has great damage, but Deathstroke has much, much better ways to set his up.

Everything else looks solid. Pretty good chart.
Great points as well, explained everything with info and i'll take that into account. I'm going to evo, and I expect to play against multiple characters of course. I'll change this according to evo without a doubt, thanks for the info.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I don't have the exp against a high level Death stroke such as yourself, but against players of my skill level, which i feel to be upper mid level, I feel Arrow is about 5-5, maybe 5.5-4.5 for death stroke,

Unless it's Ferris stage, lol.

I feel Arrow can hold his own nicely vs the Strokester.

I'd say that Deathstroke vs NW is 4-6. It was 5-5 pre-patch, but now NW has an easier time zoning against DS.
Care to explain why it is 4-6 NW? I feel that not only will NW have the issue of getting in, he'll also have to deal with interactables as well and of course DS's great j3. that and up close DS has solid options as well, but i'd like to know why you have it NW favor of course.

I don't have the exp against a high level Death stroke such as yourself, but against players of my skill level, which i feel to be upper mid level, I feel Arrow is about 5-5, maybe 5.5-4.5 for death stroke,

yeah I dnt have too much xp vs green arrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. I'm going to change it to 5-5 until I get some more xp in the matchup.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
yeah I dnt have too much xp vs green arrow, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. I'm going to change it to 5-5 until I get some more xp in the matchup.

Arrows super fast forward dash is really helpful in this match up, and even useless arrow to stuff gun attempts and dash in after. I have a game plan I use when I fight him,

The Yolo strokes that jump 3 sword into spinny move online are the wild cards lol. But I've played it alot online and off pre and post patch, feels like a solid even match, if you don't take interactables into account for both sides.

AssassiN

Noob
Care to explain why it is 4-6 NW? I feel that not only will NW have the issue of getting in, he'll also have to deal with interactables as well and of course DS's great j3. that and up close DS has solid options as well, but i'd like to know why you have it NW favor of course.
In my experience(I need to play top DS more), he can go toe-to-toe when it comes to zoning against DS. DS has a few options but they were more viable pre-patch. A zoning NW that switches stances will make it tough for DS, trading is in DS' favor so he has that advantage.
DS has solid up-close options idd, but have you fought against NW in his Staff stance up close? That J2 will stop any jump-ins from DS, his Sword Spin and mix-ups. When DS has NW grounded that's something else, but it's tough for DS when NW has more range and faster normals.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future

I'm surprised to hear this, personally. Green Arrow is a strong character, but he's getting popped every time he tries to load an arrow and can't trade projectiles with DS. Even if he gets a freeze arrow loaded, there's a huge likelihood he'll trade and get zero damage and not much in terms of positional or frame advantage out of it. Fire arrows aren't going to fare a ton better, either. I think Stroke wins this match on that alone, with the only things keeping Arrow in it being his corner game, incredible J3 and superb dash. One of the few matches I've played from both sides, too.

I'd say that Deathstroke vs NW is 4-6. It was 5-5 pre-patch, but now NW has an easier time zoning against DS.
I missed this one, but I have to agree with it. Nightwing in escrima moves pretty well and has wingdings going for him, which can deal out notable damage to DS for one ill-timed gunshot, as well as be able to let him extend his hangtime - nightwing can stay up for long enough to make machine gun or MB low shots totally miss. The thing that really turns it hard in his favor is staff, though, where he doesn't even have to try and go in. Ground pound shuts down DS's ability to zone at all, forcing him to move in and Nightwing has very scary tools if DS does get inside - not easy given DS's middling mobility. I played this against Guamo and he'd go back and forth, forcing me to come to him by going to staff and then picking at me and swapping back to Escrima for superior mixup and damage when I was on him, then going back to staff when I backed away to be able to handle Escrima better. It's a really dirty match and Nightwing definitely controls it.

In my experience(I need to play top DS more), he can go toe-to-toe when it comes to zoning against DS. DS has a few options but they were more viable pre-patch. A zoning NW that switches stances will make it tough for DS, trading is in DS' favor so he has that advantage.
DS has solid up-close options idd, but have you fought against NW in his Staff stance up close? That J2 will stop any jump-ins from DS, his Sword Spin and mix-ups. When DS has NW grounded that's something else, but it's tough for DS when NW has more range and faster normals.
Interesting points, I will try my best to play a nightwing (like mortyseinfield's or xblades's) and get an idea of the matchup more. Thanks for your input.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Care to explain? and he is more "low high tier/ high mid tier" without a doubt. No way he loses to all those characters lol, you going to have to bring some very convincing info to prove all those matchups go that way.
No offense, but I do not care to provide any evidence because you will believe what you want to believe. One year from now, the community will realize that Deathstroke is Kano 2.0, which means that he was never the best character to begin with but was unjustifiably "normalized" to appease online scrubs. I do want to say that that I have fought Tom's Aquaman, REO's Batman, Nightwing and Scorpion, and King's Raven many times. I also fought 16 Bit's Killer Frost at UFGT. I am familiar with these match ups and Deathstroke loses all of them. He is not a tournament viable character because he loses to all top tier characters.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I'm surprised to hear this, personally. Green Arrow is a strong character, but he's getting popped every time he tries to load an arrow and can't trade projectiles with DS. Even if he gets a freeze arrow loaded, there's a huge likelihood he'll trade and get zero damage and not much in terms of positional or frame advantage out of it. Fire arrows aren't going to fare a ton better, either. I think Stroke wins this match on that alone, with the only things keeping Arrow in it being his corner game, incredible J3 and superb dash. One of the few matches I've played from both sides, too.
Arrow has no reason to try trade projectiles in this match, as it would obviously be dumb to do so.

Also, there is no need to naked load arrow in most match ups, there are tons of ways to saftely load.

No offense, but I do not care to provide any evidence because you will believe what you want to believe. One year from now, the community will realize that Deathstroke is Kano 2.0, which means that he was never the best character to begin with but was unjustifiably "normalized" to appease online scrubs. I do want to say that that I have fought Tom's Aquaman, REO's Batman, Nightwing and Scorpion, and King's Raven many times. I also fought 16 Bit's Killer Frost at UFGT. I am familiar with these match ups and Deathstroke loses all of them. He is not a tournament viable character because he loses to all top tier characters.
evidence would help, but hey whatever works for you. Also he is going to stay viable (as long as they don't nerf him again, which I know isn't happening). He has too many matchups he does well in, so he isn't going anywhere. You really shouldn't give up on Deathstroke, but if Zod is your taste, then go for it.