What's new

Combo List - Scorpion All Optimal combos as of 6/25 patch.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Hi guys, I see all kind of Fireball cancels in combos, but I cant connect anyone of them. Like 21FBC S4 or like the video here above: B1 into FBC F4. I assume these are all old ones?
They all work, you've just gotta get the execution down.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hi guys, I see all kind of Fireball cancels in combos, but I cant connect anyone of them. Like 21FBC S4 or like the video here above: B1 into FBC F4. I assume these are all old ones?
Links from 21 are some of the easier ones, just keep practicing. To double check, make sure you're RUN cancelling out of the fireball and not just dashing.

Links from 21 are some of the easier ones, just keep practicing. To double check, make sure you're RUN cancelling out of the fireball and not just dashing.
Well, I could do all Kabals NDC's and they took a hell of a practise time. But I cant get any cancel from Scorp down! What do you input? I do for example: 21-hold 1 (briefly) and run but it takes too much time..!

Got it down! Thanks for the help, I was confused because of the patch and I never played Scorpion before in this game.

STRYKIE

Got it down! Thanks for the help, I was confused because of the patch and I never played Scorpion before in this game.
No worries, it confused me at first too lol. Since you're familiar with MK9 I suppose it's kinda like doing Kabal's NDC and Rain's RHC at the same time.

But to be honest, if you're just starting out with Hellfire Scorpion then you don't really need to use FBRCs mid combo, they only add 1~2% more damage and cut into your stamina for post-teleport pressure. Take your time.

STRYKIE

@Triplswing

I recently discovered that you can full combo from F4 FBRC with either standing 1 or standing 2. Would it be worth including them in the optimal Hellfire list since they're not dependent on the availability of Flame Aura and still give you a window to convert if F4 hits an airbone opponent?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Any ideas wtf you're supposed to do after 214 tele in the corner after the patch? i don't think there's a way to connect with spear after it
I do 214~FA, 123~tele, 21~spear, JP 21~fbc ender. Most of the time I will end in 21 tele or 4 tele, but sometimes just end with 214 takedown for dammy.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Still trying to get the FBC combo for B3 & I'm still having trouble with it.

Can someone tell me why all of the OP's inferno combos end with MS? Is it because of the damage output?

Also, why do people think inferno is bad now?

STRYKIE

Still trying to get the FBC combo for B3 & I'm still having trouble with it.
Stick with 114 as your follow up for consistency's sake.

Can someone tell me why all of the OP's inferno combos end with MS? Is it because of the damage output?

Also, why do people think inferno is bad now?
Does more damage than teleport, leaves you at over +15 point blank. The in-game frame data is wrong.

Inferno got a damage scaling nerf on his low minion, and now generally does less damage than Hellfire whilst being significantly less safe. Unless persistent counter-zoning is a must in a matchup it's generally not worth it.

Does more damage than teleport, leaves you at over +15 point blank. The in-game frame data is wrong.

Inferno got a damage scaling nerf on his low minion, and now generally does less damage than Hellfire whilst being significantly less safe. Unless persistent counter-zoning is a must in a matchup it's generally not worth it.
When i play, not even looking at the frame data, i can tell that when im not counter zoning, his minion drop and minion grab are really slow. Is that the unsafe part of inferno? Or is it another move?

I try doing one of his minion moves to zone and they either run past it or do a special past it. For example, sub zeros slide was hard to deal with when i was playing inferno

Mitsuownes

Grandmaster of the Shirai-Ryu

If it's +15, how can Lao still Ex spin out of it? I might be confusing something...

STRYKIE

If it's +15, how can Lao still Ex spin out of it? I might be confusing something...
I'm pretty sure you can jail F2 after the mid minion hits. Or maybe people just respect the low too much, I dunno, I'll have to double check.

When i play, not even looking at the frame data, i can tell that when im not counter zoning, his minion drop and minion grab are really slow. Is that the unsafe part of inferno? Or is it another move?

I try doing one of his minion moves to zone and they either run past it or do a special past it. For example, sub zeros slide was hard to deal with when i was playing inferno
From mid range to full screen, not really, unless it's someone like Ermac or Raiden in general who can keep you in check from anywhere.

The problem is, when you get going with Inferno, how do you keep going with enough momentum to keep them honest?

Just take this into account;

Hellfire's optimal low starter, B3~FBRC, is +3 on block.

Inferno's optimal low starter, B3~Low minion, is -27 on block.

At least pre-patch with Inferno, you were only obliged to take a big gamble once per game, and you got a huge pay-off when you cashed in at the right time.

I'm pretty sure you can jail F2 after the mid minion hits. Or maybe people just respect the low too much, I dunno, I'll have to double check.

From mid range to full screen, not really, unless it's someone like Ermac or Raiden in general who can keep you in check from anywhere.

The problem is, when you get going with Inferno, how do you keep going with enough momentum to keep them honest?

Just take this into account;

Hellfire's optimal low starter, B3~FBRC, is +3 on block.

Inferno's optimal low starter, B3~Low minion, is -27 on block.

At least pre-patch with Inferno, you were only obliged to take a big gamble once per game, and you got a huge pay-off when you cashed in at the right time.
Are those the best starters for both those variations?

The thing is, idk much about starting combos and even where to start them. That's probably what I'm worst at. I can do combos in practice, but what combos are the best? Is there only 1 or two combos i should stick too? When do i start them?

And can you explain the gamble /pay off with pre patch inferno more in depth? What was the big gamble you had to take, and why weren't the other moves a big gamble?

On the 8th combo down on the hellfire meter less list (the one that starts with b3), after the flame aura, how is the s4 supposed to connect? I set the AI to reversal mode in practice, but he blocks the s4 every time.

The start up frames for s4 are 10, and the hit advantage for FA is 13, so it should connect right? Is it the fact that i only have 3 frames to get it making me miss?

Leele2

Noob
Only one percent difference but with Inferno Scorpion's neutral jump punch you can get 44% 1 bar ending in minion charge and 45% ending in leg take down.

NJP, EXMS, s4xxTP, b12xxSpear, FJP, s3xxMG, walk, FJP, 21xxMS = 44% 1bar

Also 2bar 48% combo from NJP

NJP, EXMS, s4xxTP, b12xxEXTP, run, 21xxSpear, FJP, s3xxMG, walk, FJP, 21xxMS = 47% 2bar ( probably not worth the bar for 3% but the options there )

Matix218

Get over here!
@STRYKIE @Slips @Scoot Magee

Stupid question regarding hellfire bnbs.

Lets say im doing 214, teleport, 21 spear, jump over 2, f4, FA, 21~tele for example.

Is there a trick to doing jump over 2 into f4 more consistently? I find the hitbox of jump over 2 and the timing of inputting the f4 after the jump in punch to be very difficult and inconsistent. Half the time I skip the jump over 2 and just do raw f4, FA etc but this eliminates the potential for mid combo vortex using jump over 1 into f4 to try to catch them sleeping (which I see Slips do often with good results).

I can do fb rc stuff fairly consistently and I am now getting very good art never missing flame aura links but this stupid jo2, f4 is the bane of my existance... Help or tips are appreciated!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.

Lets say im doing 214, teleport, 21 spear, jump over 2, f4, FA, 21~tele for example.

Is there a trick to doing jump over 2 into f4 more consistently? I find the hitbox of jump over 2 and the timing of inputting the f4 after the jump in punch to be very difficult and inconsistent. Half the time I skip the jump over 2 and just do raw f4, FA etc but this eliminates the potential for mid combo vortex using jump over 1 into f4 to try to catch them sleeping (which I see Slips do often with good results).

I can do fb rc stuff fairly consistently and I am now getting very good art never missing flame aura links but this stupid jo2, f4 is the bane of my existance... Help or tips are appreciated!
Delay the J2 longer than you would a J1 in the same combo. I too found this tricky at first but after some practice it's just muscle memory now.

STRYKIE

The August patch affected the algorithm of when you are considered to be on the other side when going for a cross over jump attack, it's been messing with me too, don't worry.

I would just go into the lab and study getting the cross over JI2 to combo first, once you feel comfortable with it, practice inputting F4 when you're still in the air, that's how I get it to combo anyway.