What's new

All Characters Who Johnny Cant Jail Post Update

BoujieLuigi

Character Crises Main
I'm about 90% sure that Kano, Jade, and Cetrion used to be able to duck Johnny's strings into fireball. After playing a Kano he wasn't able to duck so I labbed all the characters with weird hitboxes who can duck his jail attempt.

Everyone else I don't mention can't duck anything.

I'll be mentioning Kano, Kollector, Kabal, Shang, Johnny, Raiden and all females.

Strings I tested are f344, 244, 34, and b34 all ending with bf2 mb. (Forgot to test 121 but if they can duck anything they'll most likely duck that too.)

f34424434b34121
KanoCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't Duck
KollectorDucks SecondDucks SecondDucks BothDucks Both
KabalDucks SecondDucks SecondDucks SecondDucks Second
ShangRandomRandomRandomRandom(both can whiff but its dumb inconsistent for all strings)
JohnnyDropsHisAssLow (ducks all)
RaidenDucks BothDucks BothRandom whether first will whiff. Ducks secondDucks both
FrostDucks BothCan't DuckDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
SonyaDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
CassieDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
JacquiDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
KitanaDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
JadeCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't Duck
SkarletRandomRandomRandomRandomRandom (Usually whiffs but seems inconsistent)
D'vorahDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
CetrionCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't Duck
Everyone ElseCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't Duck

I find this info important as I try to avoid playing against characters who can duck his fireball jail. Makes MUs much harder.

Let me know your experiences with this. Some of them (mostly Raidenand Shang) seems to jail sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.

EDIT: Went back and tested Shang again thanks to FoughtDragon01's recommendation and it's just inconsistent city over there. Let me know if you can figure it out.

EDIT: Turns out not all females can duck anymore HAHA. Thanks to Frank Reed and Zubro

Last edited:

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I'm about 90% sure that Kano used to be able to duck Johnny's strings into fireball. After playing a Kano he wasn't able to duck so I labbed all the characters with weird hitboxes who can duck his jail attempt.

All males I mention can't duck anything. All females can duck.

I'll be mentioning Kano, Kollector, Kabal, Shang, Johnny, and Raiden.

Strings I tested are f344, 244, 34, and b34 all ending with bf2 mb. (Forgot to test 121 but if they can duck anything they'll most likely duck that too.)

f34424434b34
KanoCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't Duck
KollectorDucks SecondDucks SecondDucks BothDucks Both
KabalDucks SecondDucks SecondDucks SecondDucks Second
ShangDucks BothDucks BothDucks BothDucks Both
JohnnyDropsHisAssLow (ducks all)
RaidenDucks BothDucks BothRandom whether first will whiff. Ducks secondDucks both
All FemalesBadMUForJohnny (ducks all)
Everyone ElseCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't DuckCan't Duck

I find this info important as I try to avoid playing against characters who can duck his fireball jail. Makes MUs much harder.

Let me know your experiences with this. Some of them (mostly Raiden) seems to jail sometimes and sometimes it doesn't.
Ducks B34? But, those are both lows.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Also, it might be worth revisiting Shang Tsung. He's one of the ones where our Forceballs are wildly inconsistent. Sometimes both hit, sometimes the second one whiffs, sometimes only the first one whiffs. It's frustrating.

BoujieLuigi

Character Crises Main
Also, it might be worth revisiting Shang Tsung. He's one of the ones where our Forceballs are wildly inconsistent. Sometimes both hit, sometimes the second one whiffs, sometimes only the first one whiffs. It's frustrating.
Ive noticed this too. But if you hold block then let go after the first ball, both will whiff. It was inconsistent when I was trying to let go of block after the strings ended, but if you hold block it SHOULD go over.

BoujieLuigi

Character Crises Main
okay suddenly its all connecting lmao what is this game

Lokheit

Noob
So... The character wasn't fixed at all then? Smh...

An AAA game shouldn't have this kind of crap. I'm not a main but I like Johnny a lot and it's a pity that he drops a good part of his gameplan against so many character because of game errors.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I don't think jade has a "female" hitbox. She is often excluded from the whiffing issues associated with them

DeftMonk

Noob
As someone previously mentioned young shang has some property I forgot what it is standing block previous string or something causes whiffing. Old shang AFAIK cant duck anything. Those knees too old.