What's new

After 21 months, how much has this game evolved?

Flagg

Noob
There seems to be two running themes on TYM at the moment. Top players fishing for props and match up charts but I want to talk about the latter.

It seems genuinely agreed that Kabal, Kung Lao and Kenshi are the best characters in the game, and after that, it's a bit of a gray area. Is it Cyrax, or Sonya, or Smoke or Cage or Freddy. Or someone else entirely?

The game still continues to evolve. Doctrine Dark has added to the game quite a lot, recently, with quite a few characters. New tech seems to be discovered for someone, every couple of weeks or so.

Are some characters in this game overrated and are some characters underrated?

Has diversity grown or shrunk? I sometimes feel lesser used characters aren't getting a strong enough representation as the usual suspects seem to be always be, on average, the competitive players choice.

I think some of the tiers are skewed as a result. A lot of people are quick to say "Kano/Sheeva/Stryker/Jade/Baraka lose this match up 7-3 - 8-2". and I wonder how much MU experience people really have. Or maybe these characters dont have many people playing them, thus their evolution is slower than more popular characters.

The game is markedly different now than it was 12 months ago, and will it be more different 12 months from now?